Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 00:04   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudasmishra View Post
Planning a trip from Delhi to Bikaner next week. Any updates on road conditions. Someone suggested taking NH8 and going upto Chomu and from there taking NH 11. Any better alternatives.
You could do:
a. Delhi - Rewari - Narnaul - Singhana - Khetri- Charawa- Jhunjhunu - Fatehpur - Bikaner or

b. Delhi - Rewari - Dahina - Kanina - Mahendragarh - Satnali - Loharu - Jhunjhunu - Mandawa - Fatehpur - Bikaner or

c. Delhi - Bahadurgarh - Rohtak - Bhiwani (or Jhajjar - Charkhi Dadri) -Loharu - Fatehpur (especially if you stay in West / North Delhi).

d. NH-8 Jaipur By-pass - Chomun - Reengus -Sikar route.

Except route no (c) I have done all the other three upto Fatehpur at some point of time or the other in the last 4-5 years. I have done Delhi - Bikaner by route (b) and (d) twice.

(d) I would only recommend if the internal roads (state highways) on the other options are terrible. The traffic in this option is painful, especially between Jaipur and Fatehpur traffic is very heavy on that road.

If you take any of the two internal routes ( Rewari - Narnaul - Singhana - Sikar or Rewari - Loharu - Jhunjhunu) be prepared for undivided highways and speed breakers. Having done Delhi Pilani or Delhi Bikaner a few times I prefer the Rewari - Mahendragarh - Loharu - Charawa - Jhunjhunu - Mandawa - Fatehpur route. It has two problem areas: approaching Loharu from the Satnali side before it joins the highway from Bhiwani to Loharu and second is the terrible stretch between Jhunjhunu and Mandawa and Fatehpur. These roads may have improved or got worse, I am not sure.

However, if you leave really early and keep your eyes open for village traffic, the internal route is scenic and reasonably fast (though undivided mostly).

Post Fatehpur, its practically an arrow straight highway without much traffic. You could do it about 3 hours to Bikaner keeping reasonable double digit speeds. Watch out for animals on that highway. It's desolate so you tend to speed up and nilgais pop out everywhere!

Last edited by architect : 30th September 2015 at 00:05.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 10:58   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
You could do:
a. Delhi - Rewari - Narnaul - Singhana - Khetri- Charawa- Jhunjhunu - Fatehpur - Bikaner or
Thanks sir. I took the fourth option and made it to Bikaner in 13 hours with two breaks of an hour each for breakfast and lunch.

Last edited by ampere : 11th October 2015 at 11:09. Reason: Removed full quoted post
Old 17th October 2015, 11:49   #153
BHPian

Guys, have to do a quick family road trip on account of school's dussehra holidays. And am getting totally confused.

Have four days [Sunday to Thursday] to go and return to gurgaon
Should I try jaisalmer

Best route, places to stay and eat please?

Other destinations if Jaisalmer is too ambitous.
Old 17th October 2015, 12:20   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post
Guys, have to do a -----snip------is too ambitous.
I wouldn't. You'll basically lose a day, day and a half on the road. Try someplace closer. Just my view.
Old 18th November 2015, 16:03   #155
BHPian

Good thread. This has all the stuff one needs for planning a trip to major Rajasthan cities I am now mulling on such a road trip - night sky watching will be the primary element (apart from the de-facto sheer driving pleasure)

Last edited by KomS_CarLog : 18th November 2015 at 16:27.
Old 20th November 2015, 02:07   #156
BHPian

Re: Delhi To Jaisalmer : Route Queries

Hi guys, I am planning a trip to Jaisalmer in January 1st week. We are 4 friends. Journey will start on Friday evening around 4 pm and has to end by Tuesday night.

We are planning to go through Jodhpur/Nagaur and come back through Bikaner or vice versa.

I have some doubts in mind regarding routes.

1. Delhi-Jaipur-Ajmer-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer or Delhi-Jaipur-Nagaur-Jaisalmer (considerably shorter) ?

2. Secondly for going through Bikaner - Gurgaon-Rewari-Narnaul-Jhunjhunu or Gurgaon-Rewari-Mahendergarh-Loharu-Jhunjhunu or Gurgaon-Rewari-Narnaul-Chirawa-Jhunjhunu? Which one seems better ? Secondly should we go to Rewari through NH-8 or Pataudi ? From Jhunjhunu we plan to go through Fatehpur and then Ratangarh.

For me road and driving pleasure will have priority over distances up to a certain limit. We don't have any plans to see anything in Ajmer. If Jodhpur route suites better then maybe a visit to the fort.
Old 26th November 2015, 15:24   #157
Senior - BHPian

I can provide an update on Gurgaon-Rewari-Narnaul-Chirawa-Jhunjhunu by saturday evening. I will be in those parts over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
Hi guys, I am planning a trip to Jaisalmer in January 1st week. We are 4 friends. Journey will start on Friday evening around 4 pm and has to end by Tuesday night.

We are planning to go through Jodhpur/Nagaur and come back through Bikaner or vice versa.

1. Delhi-Jaipur-Ajmer-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer or Delhi-Jaipur-Nagaur-Jaisalmer (considerably shorter) ?

2. Secondly for going through Bikaner - Gurgaon-Rewari-Narnaul-Jhunjhunu or Gurgaon-Rewari-Mahendergarh-Loharu-Jhunjhunu or Gurgaon-Rewari-Narnaul-Chirawa-Jhunjhunu? Which one seems better ? Secondly should we go to Rewari through NH-8 or Pataudi ? From Jhunjhunu we plan to go through Fatehpur and then Ratangarh.

For me road and driving pleasure will have priority over distances up to a certain limit. We don't have any plans to see anything in Ajmer. If Jodhpur route suites better then maybe a visit to the fort.
Old 26th November 2015, 17:18   #158
BHPian

Quote:

1. If you donot have plans to stay/explore jaipur I would recommend Delhi - Rewari (via NH 71) - Narnaul - Chirawa - Jhunjhunu - Sikar - Deedwana - Nagaur - Phalodi - Jaisalmer. For the most parts, roads are in good condition and you can maintain decent pace.

If you plan on spending some time in Jaipur, my suggestion would be Jaipur - Nagaur - Phalodi - Jaisalmer.

2. For Bikaner, I would prefer Gurgaon - Rewari - Narnaul - Chirawa - Jhunjhunu - Mandawa - Fatehpur - Ratangarh - Bikaner

The stretech between Jhunjhunu and Fatehpur will be problematic. Some part is still single lane and potholed. You need to cross both Mandawa and Fatehpur before reaching the highway.
You can also try Jhunjhunu - Churu - Ratangarh. This route is longer by 10-15 km but more comfortable. Roads are decent, minimal traffic and you can also skip a toll between fatehpur and Ratangarh.
amikacin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 03:46   #159
BHPian

Architect did you make that trip ? Waiting for yours inputs. Thanks Amikacin.
Old 8th December 2015, 14:03   #160
BHPian

Trip to Rajasthan

Hi All,

Planning a trip to Jaisalmer. Need help to plan the trip.

Thinking of the following route/itinerary

Going: via Bikaner
Returning: via Jodhpur

Itinerary

Day 1 -- Gurgaon--> Bikaner. Night halt in Bikaner
Day 2 -- Bikaner ------ Do we need 1 whole day in Bikaner? Things to do in Bikaner?
Day 3 -- Bikaner --> Jaisalmer. Night halt in Jaisalmer
Day 4, 5 -- Jaisalmer. Things to do in Jaisalmer?
Day 6 -- Jaisalmer --> Jodhpur. Night halt in Jodhpur
Day 7 -- Jodhpur. Do we need one day in Jodhpur? Things to do in Jodhpur?
Day 8 -- Jodhpur --> Gurgaon. Can we do Pushkar in between and still reach Gurgaon the same day?

Questions:

1. Route information - best route to take, how are the roads, safety wise - any issues? Heard of some incidents on NH 8 of late? Times to avoid? etc

2. Is the itinerary ok? any changes/modifications to make it better?

3. Things to do in these places - Bikaner, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer?

All suggestions are welcome. Please pour in your suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 8th December 2015, 14:23   #161
BHPian

Re: Trip to Rajasthan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Hi All,

Planning a trip to Jaisalmer. Need help to plan the trip.
Check out the following thread, this should help:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-queries.html
Old 8th December 2015, 23:36   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Architect did you make that trip ? Waiting for yours inputs. Thanks Amikacin.
No. Last moment change of plans forced me to drop the idea of driving down. However, the Mahendragarh route is in not-so-good shape whereas the other people who went did Pilani- Delhi via Singhana - Narnaul - Jhajjar - Gurgaon in 4.5 hours which is an excellent time.
Old 17th December 2015, 23:00   #163
BHPian

I have decided to go through Gurgaon-Rewari-Mahendergarh-Loharu-Jhunjhunu route to Bikaner and then be back through Jodhpur, Jaipur.

I have been told by a colleague of mine that till Mahendergarh route is in excellent condition. Don't know about the route ahead.
Old 18th December 2015, 19:03   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have decided to go through Gurgaon-Rewari-Mahendergarh-Loharu-Jhunjhunu route to Bikaner and then be back through Jodhpur, Jaipur.

I have been told by a colleague of mine that till Mahendergarh route is in excellent condition. Don't know about the route ahead.
If we take this route and start from delhi late in the morning (around 9ish due to Fog) wouldn't we be stuck in local village traffic? We are planning to leave on 27th so Fog is an issue so early morning start looks impossible.

Last edited by nitinralli : 18th December 2015 at 19:05.
Old 18th December 2015, 21:26   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
If we take this route and start from delhi late in the morning (around 9ish due to Fog) wouldn't we be stuck in local village traffic? We are planning to leave on 27th so Fog is an issue so early morning start looks impossible.
I have changed my plans. I will go from Gurgaon to Rewari then to Narnaul. I will be leaving in the evening around 4-5 pm from Gurgaon. The reason for this is that Narnaul route is 15 kms shorter which is a big no. in my opinion. Also the village traffic during these hours will be minimal.

Since you are leaving at 9 from Delhi, I think you should expect local village traffic in decent amount.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks