Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2016, 12:51   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

A BIG thanks to you guys for taking out time.

So i have decided that i would look for a hotel in Andheri/Juhu side, however could you please tell me how much time i would take in taxi to reach gateway of India from hotel?

Last edited by nitinralli : 8th September 2016 at 12:52.
Old 8th September 2016, 17:31   #1892
BHPian

Updating about our experience in a Gudalore / Masinagudi Farm-Stay. We stayed there on 4th Sep night with family.

Around 4 kms from Gudalore town, is the FarmKamp (Kumaragiri Estates) tucked in between the hills of lower Nilgiris. It is well connected from Sultanbathery/Wayanadu direction, Bandipur/Mudulamalai direction and from Gudalore town. Since we came from Wayanadu direction, we were asked to take the left at Moonaam mile junction after crossing Devarshola townhsip. (this junction is around 4 kms before Gudalore). The village road which is intersecting with the main road which is known as Moonam Mile is easy to miss. We had to come back after realizing that we missed it. While in that road we asked for the Nambalakottai Temple, and everyone knows it, and then we called Joseph chettan (care-taker), and he came to guide us from there in his mo-bike. After around 2 kms, we took a mud road and last leg of around 500 meters. I like to take my vehicle through these soft off-roading terrains and loved this drive too.

There are four cottages in total, newly constructed, neat with all basic amenities. We booked the one on the upper side of the hill which has a large verandah from where you can view the tea plantations and the distant mountains in the Mudumalai / Masinagudi forest range. The two other cottages near to the entrance also has balcony to chill out. The property is built in an estate mainly covered with tea plants overlooking a valley. There are areca nut & ginger grown among others. I could not explore the estate completely as our stay there was only for around 14 hours. Thought of taking a walk in the morning, but woke up late after the peaceful sleep.

Now about the food that the host (Joseph chettan’s wife) prepared was truly amazing. Prior to our arrival, they checked with us about the menu that needs to be prepared for the dinner, and I ordered the local Kerala favorites. The dinner reached our cottage as early as 6.45PM. Kappa, fish curry (meen vattichathu), fish fry, Kerala style beef fry and chappati for kids. Topped it with banana as a dessert. The climate was cool, had a peaceful sleep, woke up in the morning and left the facility at 6.45AM after having the black tea and headed to the Mudumalai safari at Theppakadu which is around 16 kms away.

Do not expect the facilities of a regular resort, but this is a calm property more like a home stay in the midst of a farm land; a cool, peaceful stay to take rest and relax. The food is the highlight and do not miss the Kerala specialities. Joseph chettan and wife who are originally from Kerala can make the best Kerala food items. Food can also be ordered from restaurants in Gudalore town which the farm people delivers it to you.

A very relaxing stay, ought to come back again.

If any enquiries, log into their website, http://farmkamp.com/contact/ and call the Bangalore contact person.
josebi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 19:40   #1893
BHPian

Some snaps of the stay,
Attached Thumbnails
A thread on Accommodation & Rates-lowercottage1.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-uppercottage1.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-uppercottage2.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-uppercottage3.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-teaplantation1.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-teaplantation2.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-teaplantation3.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-keraladinner.jpg  

Last edited by josebi : 8th September 2016 at 19:43. Reason: adding photos
josebi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 14:02   #1894
BHPian

I am looking for suggestions for good resorts or homestays to stay in Karwar/ Gokarna area. This will be for 2 days and there will be 4 families staying together. We want to be relatively close to the beach (if not actually on the beach itself) as there are a few kids in the party and need something to keep them entertained.

We don't mind spending up to 2500 per person per night (including food), but would like to have comfortable and spacious accommodation. Tents/ shacks are a No, as are town side hotels .

Help!
Old 15th September 2016, 17:35   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Thanks for the update. We had come across Green Land Farmhouse but ultimately booked Kailas Plantations for our Sep 2nd week trip to Nelliampathy, based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. Need to check out how it turns out.
So, we finished our Nellilampathy trip and stayed at Kailas Plantations between Sep 10 & Sep 12. I must say, the place is lovely which is surrounded by tea estate on one side and hill & forest on the other side. We were four couples with one kid each and had booked all the four rooms there, so it was like we had owned the entire place for two days.

Rooms are very spacious and neat with two portions in each room. Vegetarian food served was very good (all of us are vegetarians) and served hot along with tea/coffee at right times and also when additionally asked for. There are two caretakers and each one competes with other to provide the best service for you. I must say, I don't have anything to point but for the lovely time spent over there.

As a bonus, the caretaker took us to the small hill next to the stay on the second day morning, where we could spot five elephants having a leisure time .

We also took a 4x4 Jeep ride to the hill top and it was the best (can I say worst possible road) 4x4 ride for me.

Few pics now (don't miss elephants in second pic).

Regards,
KK
Attached Thumbnails
A thread on Accommodation & Rates-dsc02815-1.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-dsc02887-1.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-dsc02903-1.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-dsc03331-1.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img_20160911_145612784-1.jpg  

KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 10:02   #1896
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
So, we finished our Nellilampathy trip and stayed at Kailas Plantations between Sep 10 & Sep 12.
How is the access to Kailas Plantations ? Can it be easily done on a normal hatch/sedan ?
Did you visit other places like Pothundy Dam, Nemmara, etc ?
Old 16th September 2016, 10:11   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
How is the access to Kailas Plantations ? Can it be easily done on a normal hatch/sedan ?
Did you visit other places like Pothundy Dam, Nemmara, etc ?
We went in TT so there was no problem. I guess a hatch like Swift can do it without much fuss, but with sedan one may have to be more careful of under body hits, given the longer wheel base.

This post of naveen.raju has two links which might help you. That is the only place where one has to be more careful while reaching Kailas.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post4004398

We visited only the hill top in Jeep and didn't go anywhere else, since we had four kids and also we just wanted a laid back holiday.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 16th September 2016 at 10:18. Reason: Addition
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 12:27   #1898
Senior - BHPian

Hotel Accomodation in Chennai?

Hello!

I have to make an urgent trip to Chennai tomorrow and I am looking for a good budget hotel to stay for 3 - 4 nights near Perungudi/Kandanchavadi with secure parking. Please suggest!
Old 11th October 2016, 13:41   #1899
BHPian

Re: Hotel Accomodation in Chennai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Hello!

I have to make an urgent trip to Chennai tomorrow and I am looking for a good budget hotel to stay for 3 - 4 nights near Perungudi/Kandanchavadi with secure parking. Please suggest!
You have Aloft hotel, Turiya, Ibis and novotel etc to name a few. All will cost you 2500 - 3000 Rs per night. Best would be to book online.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 13:50   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
You have Aloft hotel, Turiya, Ibis and novotel etc to name a few. All will cost you 2500 - 3000 Rs per night. Best would be to book online.
Aloft is all the way in Sholinganallur. Very far from Kandanchavadi / Perungudi.

There's the Orange Inn, or maybe Ginger behind Tidel Park.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 14:37   #1901
BHPian

You could also check OYO rooms and Airbnb in case you have not checked before. One of my colleague was staying in OYO for couple of days near the Perungudi tollgate for approx 1.5K per night and he had positive feedback on OYO.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 15:07   #1902
Senior - BHPian

saar, do let me know if you need any local help. I stay a few km south on omr
greenhorn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 15:49   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Aloft is all the way in Sholinganallur. Very far from Kandanchavadi / Perungudi.

There's the Orange Inn, or maybe Ginger behind Tidel Park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
You could also check OYO rooms and Airbnb in case you have not checked before. One of my colleague was staying in OYO for couple of days near the Perungudi tollgate for approx 1.5K per night and he had positive feedback on OYO.
Thanks keshav, hserus and concorde, I have shortlisted three hotels now. Orangeinn, Turyaa and Gokulam park sabari omr. Yet to make the booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
saar, do let me know if you need any local help. I stay a few km south on omr
Yes sir! I will. I will PM you my number, send me yours.
Old 11th October 2016, 16:02   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
... Gokulam park sabari omr...
that place is in navalur, far, FAR away. suggest you look for hotels in between tidel park and thoraipakkam on the OMR, preferably at perungudi jn - google maps shows shows plenty of hotels and guest houses in the region, though most are in the 1-1.5K range.
Old 12th October 2016, 15:24   #1905
BHPian

Guys,

Need your kind recommendations for accommodation in Kanyakumari.

Planning to visit the temples during Diwali or later.

Appreciate your help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks