Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2016, 15:48   #1906
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys,

Need your kind recommendations for accommodation in Kanyakumari.

Planning to visit the temples during Diwali or later.

Appreciate your help
What is your budget?

Expensive resort -

https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Rev...amil_Nadu.html

Cheap and decent budget hotel - don't expect anything fancy and you won't be disappointed.

https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Rev...amil_Nadu.html
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 17:58   #1907
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hotel Accomodation in Chennai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
that place is in navalur, far, FAR away. suggest you look for hotels in between tidel park and thoraipakkam on the OMR, preferably at perungudi jn - google maps shows shows plenty of hotels and guest houses in the region, though most are in the 1-1.5K range.
Reached chennai. Im staying at t nagar at a family friend's home. Will come to perungudi tomorrow.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 18:43   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
I am looking for suggestions for good resorts or homestays to stay in Karwar/ Gokarna area.

Help!
I'm sorry if this turns out to be too late for you (You haven't mentioned your travel dates). You can try Kudle Beach view resort in Gokarna. It's a few kms away from town, on the Om Beach road. The rooms overlook Kudle beach, nice views.

Last edited by Rohan24 : 12th October 2016 at 18:43. Reason: Typo
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 13:02   #1909
BHPian

This is a short narrative of our experience in BR Hills and the stay.
BR Hills or Biligiri Ranganathaswamy Temple Tiger Reserve which is around 190 kms from Bangalore’s Eastern side is part of the Western Ghats in the Chamrajnagar district of Karnataka. The main attraction is the temple and the view point from the top of the hill. One can enjoy the sunset and sunrise from the hill. The view from the top of hill at night is also not to be missed. For an avid bird watcher, there are lots of those winged beauties. You have a wildlife safari arranged by the forest department around 18 kms from BR Hills at a place called K.Gudi or Kyathadevara Gudi. Though the reserve has most of the wild animals found in the this part of the country, it depends on your luck to spot them.

We traveled during the first week of October. We planned to reach there by afternoon, stay there one night and return to Bangalore by evening. We had a late start at around 10.30AM and reached there around 3PM. The Hill was not very crowded even though it was a long weekend. Seems it is not popular among travelers. First thing we did was a short trek, a rather nature walk around 5PM. (arranged by the guest house). The walk was to a view point which is around 1 km from the stay. The view from the top was awesome with cool breeze soothing our body and soul. We could see elephants grazing at a distance, and with a binocular, we could see them very clearly. The sunset view from the top of the hill was spectacular. Spend around an hour there and later we took our car to the temple which is around 2 kms from where we stayed . The view of the valley at night from the temple campus was magnificent with village lights shining like stars. Next day morning, we started early towards the temple area so as to view the sun rising. Another spectacular view along the hills. Later around 6.45AM, we went for bird watching (arranged by the guest house).

Afternoon, we started for the jungle safari at K.Gudi. The route towards K.Gudi is very scenic and once we reached, found lot of people waiting for safari. The evening safari starts at 3PM, but there were only 3 vehicles. Each vehicle will do three trips of approx. one hour each and hence around 64 people can be accommodated during evening. One of the staff from the guest house reached the camp office and he helped us to get the safari by around 4.15PM. One should reach a bit early at the office during long weekend and holidays as more crowd is expected. They do not have bigger mini buses like in Mudumalai or Bandipur safaris. We could not spot big cats or elephants during safari, but saw a lot of smaller animals and birds. Sambar deer, Barking deer, Malabar giant squirrel, Mangoose, Jungle fowl, Hawk eagle, and other birds of prey.

Now about the guest house, Rajathadri Hill Villa

One of the three budget stays in BR Hills. They have a small café coffee day outlet facing the main road which makes it easier to find out. It does not have the features of a resort nor it is a proper hotel. A simple guest house with six rooms with all the basic amenities. Tariff is 1650 INR including taxes per person and 1000 INR for children with all three meals included along with the morning and evening tea & snacks.

Rooms: Out of the six rooms available, four of them in the ground floor have double cot, and two in the first floor are bigger rooms with one double cot and a single cot. They will provide extra mattresses and bed if needed. All the rooms have balconies, cable connection, attached bathroom with geyser.

Hospitality: The owner Mr. Ramesh was a very pleasant person who helps out with whatever we ask for. He is ready to clear all our doubts related to the temple or anything related to BR Hills. I can vouch that he is an epitome of courteousness. His staff Mr. Krishnakumar and Mr. Naveen also reflects the same courteousness and were very helpful.

Facilities: Apart from the good homely food and a decent room, there are no extra facilities. They have inverter backup apart from a generator. They will arrange the camp fire, nature walk towards a view point, and morning bird watching. An abandoned pond with some stagnant water inside the campus was attracting children as there were few water snakes inside it and one could see them from a safe distance.
One of their staff Naveen accompanied us in nature walk. The walk was to a view point which is around 1 km from the stay which is inside the Forest Department property. Around 8 PM the campfire was ready. Had dinner around the campfire. Next day morning, one of the staff Krishnakumar took us for bird watching. He is a knowledgeable person about birds and nature. He showed us many winged beauties which were very rare.

Food: Food is served at a hall in the backyard. They source the food from a nearby restaurant which is popular for home style cooking. Not much additives or taste makers, the food items are mostly Karnataka style and tastes good. Menu items were sufficient for each meal. A wash basin near the food hall is missing, and so are the tables. It is difficult for children to hold their plates in hand and have food.

Overall, a nice experience at less crowded place.
josebi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 08:04   #1910
Senior - BHPian

I shall be driving to Delhi by end of Nov, and there are two possible routes I am looking at:

Via Bhopal and Agra
Via Indore and Jaipur

Are there any budget stay options at Bhopal and Agra, and at Indore and Jaipur?
Budget is 2k max, but desirable is 1k. Breakfast may not be required considering food options at these cities are plentiful. So main requirements are clean and tidy rooms and a hot water bath.

I shall be driving solo or with a female co passenger.
Old 24th October 2016, 23:27   #1911
Senior - BHPian

Oyo rooms is your best bet for clean rooms in that budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I shall be driving to Delhi by end of Nov, and there are two possible routes I am looking at:

Via Bhopal and Agra
Via Indore and Jaipur

Budget is 2k max, but desirable is 1k. Breakfast may not be required considering food options at these cities are plentiful. So main requirements are clean and tidy rooms and a hot water bath.

khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 09:15   #1912
BHPian

Had been to Sankarankovil, Tirunelveli District, Tamil Nadu last weekend.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankarankovil)

It is a popular pilgrimage center in TN with temple dedicated to 3 presiding deities: Sankaralingam (Shiva), Gomathi Amman (Parvathi) and Sankaranarayanar (Combined form of Lord Shiva and Lord Mahavishnu).

Stayed at AAR Royal Residency (Opp. to Post Office) at Sankarankovil - about half km from the temple premises. The place is good and neat. Has a restaurant in the ground floor. Parking space available for 3-4 cars. AC Double Bedroom with TV and complementary breakfast for two persons costs Rs.1200 per day excluding taxes (around Rs.1455 inclduing taxes). Phone numbers: +914636222262 and +918754754759.

On the way back from Sankarankovil to Bangalore we also visited Namakkal, Tamil nadu last weekend.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namakkal)

This town also boasts of 3 well-known shrines: Yoga-Narasimha temple, Anjaneya temple and Ranganathaswamy temple - all within 1km radius.

We stayed at Samy Hotel (on Salem road) which has a restaurant (Adyar Anand Bhavan - A2B) in the ground floor. The hotel is good and neat. Centally located in town from where all 3 temples are within walking distance. Parking space available for 4-5 cars in the basement. AC Double Bedroom with TV, free-wifi and complementary breakfast for two persons costs Rs.1200 per day excluding taxes (around Rs.1458 inclduing taxes). Phone numbers: +914286274459; +919176888163

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd November 2016 at 14:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged
srvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:15   #1913
BHPian

Guys need advice on where to stay for a night in Jaipur. Will be traveling to Bhilwara with my mother. Will leave Gurgaon in the evening and stop at Jaipur for the night. Thanks!!
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:37   #1914
BHPian

Hi All!

I am looking for a pet friendly stay at Vishakhapatnam, somewhere close to NH5.

Although, I stay at Hotel Seacity (Shivajipalem) since they allow my Shih-Tzu, last trip turned out a little difficult for me. The bookings were cancelled at the last moment.

Just to keep another option as a back-up as I have a trip in December from BLR to Jamshedpur.

Thanks in advance!

Rahul
Old 10th November 2016, 10:20   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Experts,

Need advice.

Will be travelling to Aurangabad, hence need stay options for 4 adults (incl 2 senior citizen) and 1 kid and 3 nights. Have a budget of 1500-2000 per night. Have shortlisted the following hotels, any review of the same?
1) Hotel Panchavati
2) Hotel Classic
3) MTDC resort Aurangabad.

I also checked one of the recommendations in this thread Hotel Janaki Executive but trip advisor reviews are not encouraging.
Old 10th November 2016, 12:49   #1916
Senior - BHPian

Panchavati is clean, no roaches, you get hot water for a bath and a meal that won't give you food poisoning in the restaurant.

Can't expect much more for a town like Aurangabad.

MTDC can be very poorly maintained at times but is quite convenient to visit the caves.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 14:01   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post

Via Bhopal and Agra
Via Indore and Jaipur

Another route you could try is the NH-3. Nashik-Dhule-Palasner-Indore-Dewas-Guna-Shivpuri-Gwalior-Mathura-Delhi.

You will have plenty of excellent stay options at very reasonable rates say around Rs. 1200 p/n all along the route. For Eg: Hotel Manas at Dhule, The Sara at Guna, Paryatak Gram at Shivpuri, Hotel Grace in Gwalior, et-al. You will find plenty of good hotels at other locations on the way such as Sarangpur, Shajapur, Beora, Raghogarh etc.

Hotel Nisarga at Bhopal comes to my mind which is quite good for your budget range.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 13:08   #1918
BHPian

Need some assistance regarding selecting a hotel.

We are planning to drive from Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar and back next month. Given my relative inexperience diving long distances, we have decided to take overnight breaks on both legs of the trip.

Besides Solapur, which is the most obvious stopover, there have been suggestions on this forum that a driving via Sedam, Gulbarga and Bijapur would be a better option, as far as ease of driving is concerned.

In light of this suggestions, I need some assistance in locating a good hotel in Gulbarga or Bijapur. As regards Solapur, Hotel City Park is supposed to be the best bet. Any other suggestions regarding Solapur hotels are welcome.
Old 19th December 2016, 12:46   #1919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Need some assistance regarding selecting a hotel.

We are planning to drive from Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar and back next month. Given my relative inexperience diving long distances, we have decided to take overnight breaks on both legs of the trip.

Besides Solapur, which is the most obvious stopover, there have been suggestions on this forum that a driving via Sedam, Gulbarga and Bijapur would be a better option, as far as ease of driving is concerned.

In light of this suggestions, I need some assistance in locating a good hotel in Gulbarga or Bijapur. As regards Solapur, Hotel City Park is supposed to be the best bet. Any other suggestions regarding Solapur hotels are welcome.
City Park has gone to the dogs!If you have the budget,stay at Balaji Sarovar.All other hotels in the city are passable and low on cleanliness.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 15:52   #1920
BHPian

How is Blue Ocean Resort and Spa near Ganpatipule, MH?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks