Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 22:02   #1996
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Could you name the hotels in Bangalore & Hyderabad - it will be very helpful for me? I have great trouble finding decent hotels. I pay around 3000 for a hotel in Indira Nagar (decent, nothing special) in Bangalore & 4000 for a hotel in Cybercity, Hyderabad (good hotel).
In Bengaluru: Hotel CRN Canary Sapphire at Gandhi Nagar. This is at a walk able distance from Majestic. The room is posh, good bathrooms, wi-fi available. Good quality buffet breakfast included in tarriff of around Rs. 1800 - 2000 including taxes. Good lobby too. Outside the hotel you will find stationary shops, taxis, garment shops etc. Perfect location for a business traveller.

In Hyderabad: Hotel Aditya Hometel or Hotel Silver Park, both located near Satyam theatre in Ameerpet. Aditya Hometel is very good, costing around Rs. 2500 including breakfast. Silver park is good enough, breakfast is also good enough and it will cost you less than Rs. 2000 including taxes. In Ameerpet area, you get good quality small eateries (for breakfast) and there is one good restaurant too. I will dig out the name and send you.
Old 15th November 2017, 23:03   #1997
Distinguished - BHPian

Any suggestion for good/decent stay in Courtallam, Tenkasi?
Old 16th November 2017, 06:15   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Do you need those towns or can’t you just stay in Tirunelveli and drive down? If tirunelveli then Janakiram and Aryaas are excellent.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 09:10   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
I had contacted a home stay kind of accommodation at Courtallam a year and half back and spoken with a lady who owns a bungalow kind of accommodation but never finalized that plan. She had sent me one or two pics also which looked good for family, but not able to locate it now. I only have the number of that lady (don't remember name also). You can contact if you wish to explore - 9962655606. I had spoken with her twice and she was courteous to explain and let me know the nearby places to visit, distance etc etc.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 11:29   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
I had stayed at TTDC Courtallam this June.
They have two units and I stayed in Unit-2.
Typical government run inefficiency, but was okay.

You can check rates and book rooms online at their website:
http://www.ttdconline.com/hotel.jsp
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 14:12   #2001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
You can contact if you wish to explore - 9962655606. I had spoken with her twice and she was courteous to explain and let me know the nearby places to visit, distance etc etc.
KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
You can check rates and book rooms online at their website:
http://www.ttdconline.com/hotel.jsp
Thanks a lot for the pointers, guys. I will check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Do you need those towns or can’t you just stay in Tirunelveli and drive down? If tirunelveli then Janakiram and Aryaas are excellent.
I thought about Aryaas, but then I have other challenges if I stay in Tirunelveli as its closer to my hometown
Old 16th November 2017, 18:46   #2002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the pointers, guys. I will check.

I thought about Aryaas, but then I have other challenges if I stay in Tirunelveli as its closer to my hometown
Airbnb has something around 20 km or so away (Anaindaperumalnadanur).

Looks quite charming.

https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/21268...=Courtallam%2C India&check_in=2017-11-26&check_out=2017-11-30&tier_override=0
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 22:42   #2003
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a decent hotel at Agra. I need to stay there for one night. I am looking at budget hotels within 1.5K to 1.7K. The hotel needs to be decent since I am going with my wife. Also any suggestions for pure veg hotels for lunch, breakfast and dinner.
Old 17th November 2017, 23:21   #2004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Can anyone suggest a decent hotel at Agra. I need to stay there for one night. I am looking at budget hotels within 1.5K to 1.7K. The hotel needs to be decent since I am going with my wife. Also any suggestions for pure veg hotels for lunch, breakfast and dinner.
We have stayed in Amar Yatri Niwas twice, it's a decent place to stay. http://www.amaryatriniwas.com/
Old 20th November 2017, 08:52   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
You can try Dasapraksh Xpress. It is near a place called Taj View crossing. Tried this place earlier this month when I had visited Agra with my wife. There are other restaurants with the name Dasaprakash all serve south indian veg food.
DejavuTrip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 20:41   #2006
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyderabad - Places to stay in

Guys and ladies,

Need suggestions in HYD on budget hotels or reputed (and reasonably priced) serviced apartments for a family of 4 (2+2) over Christmas.

Must have bulletproof car parking (!) and expected stay is for ~5 days. Intent is touristy and keen to see the usual suspects like the Salar Jang, Charminar etc.

Have anyway kept a hawk eye on this lest we starve http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...rabad-425.html Problem is that it seems to have stagnated since mobike008 left town :-)

Could not find a relevant thread hence creating one. Mods, please merge if needed.

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st November 2017 at 21:01.
Old 21st November 2017, 21:04   #2007
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Places to stay in

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys and ladies,

Need suggestions in HYD on budget hotels or reputed (and reasonably priced) serviced apartments for a family of 4 (2+2) over Christmas.

Must have bulletproof car parking (!) and expected stay is for ~5 days. Intent is touristy and keen to see the usual suspects like the Salar Jang, Charminar etc.

Have anyway kept a hawk eye on this lest we starve http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...rabad-425.html Problem is that it seems to have stagnated since mobike008 left town :-)

Could not find a relevant thread hence creating one. Mods, please merge if needed.
For service apartments, you can try treebo.com. I have stayed in Treebo Pavan Apartments, Hitech City. Its a decent place with covered parking.

They have options across the city.

Last edited by arun_josie : 21st November 2017 at 21:27.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 21:23   #2008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys and ladies,

There is a thread on accomodation http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-rates-70.html

If Oakridge is in your budget,then it is an excellent option,there are times when you get the place for as low as 1700-2000/night/Double Occupancy on make my trip-worth giving it a try.

Other than that you have the Treebo places all over the city.Hitech City has many of them.

If hotels work for you then I would suggest Ibis,Redfox,Lemontree Gachibowli,Jubilee Ridge,Best Western Ashoka,Mango Jupiter,Minerva Kondapur,Formule1,FabHotels(various locations)
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 21:33   #2009

Quote:
Guys and ladies,

Hotels in Abids area would be closer to Charminar, museum etc. Secunderabad also has some decent hotels at affordable prices. Hotels in Banjara Hills would be on the higher side.

Avoid service apartments in Hitec city, Madhapur areas unless you wish to experience the heavy traffic of Hyderabad and the hustle bustle of our IT zone
Though may be because of Christmas season, I may be wrong. But whichever place you decide to stay in, December is indeed a pleasant time of the year to enjoy Hyderabad.
svsudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 18:09   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
We have stayed in Amar Yatri Niwas twice, it's a decent place to stay. http://www.amaryatriniwas.com/
Thanks a lot for this. We had a very pleasant stay during our visit. Though small, rooms were comfortable and clean. It was quite close to the fort and Taj Mahal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejavuTrip View Post
You can try Dasapraksh Xpress. It is near a place called Taj View crossing. Tried this place earlier this month when I had visited Agra with my wife. There are other restaurants with the name Dasaprakash all serve south indian veg food.
I was unable to try this hotel. The hotel we stayed had a decent restaurant. Service was
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks