Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2017, 11:39   #1966
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
That's what I thought too - but I couldn't find photos of NRI complex.

I finally saw some photos of Punjab bhavan on google that looked good and booked it for 450/-.
Nanded has one thing you have to keep in mind, a massive mosquito problem.

Carry good knight / tortoise and some odomos, you'll need it.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 00:45   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I'm looking for a room at Nanded Hazur Sahib with parking facilities. I visited their website http://www.hazursahib.com/Pages/RoomBooking.aspx but it shows several options( Punjab Bhavan,NRI complex etc) from the drop down list . Any recommendations on which one to book ?
NRI Bhavan is good. Parking is an issue as they stopped letting vehicles inside the gated compound (Parking inside the compound was a safe option when I visited the first time). Now the parking is in near the rear entrance of NRI complex outside the gate. NRI Bhawan is a 5 minute walk from Hazur Sahib. Rooms have ACs and are clean.

You may wish to skip Punjab Bhavan.

Sachkhand complex rooms form part of the Hazur Sahib. To be precise, these rooms are in the building which encircles the main hazur sahib gurudwara. So if you prefer staying 1 min away from the holy gurudwara this is the place to stay. Here you can park vehicles near one of the four entrances where the Hazur sahib's own fleet of vehicles are parked.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 13:39   #1968
BANNED

Need some suggestion with Hyderabad hotel.

I have to make a stopover in Hyderabad for a night for some personal errands before making my onward journey. Basically my flight schedule will be like; reach late night in airport and leave next afternoon. I will be with my family.

My first time in Hyderabad, hence pardon my ignorant question.

1. I heard that, like Bangalore, Hyderabad airport is far away from city. How much time it normally takes to city center in cab and average cost.

2. Which area should I look for my stay, nearer to airport the better. I would like to spend the least time and fortune searching for cab for to and fro ride to airport.

3. Any suggestion for mid budget hotels, in range of 3k-4k with a nice breakfast option?

4. I will be with my family and regular holiday luggage, so airport buses are not for me. Any suggestion for proper cab service for airport, I mean how easy/difficult to get uber or ola ? Airport website says, meru and sky are the authorized one, but my experience in Bangalore before suggests me they would be insanely costly.

PS: my travel date would be in late August or early September.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 16th July 2017 at 13:43.
Old 16th July 2017, 17:01   #1969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post

I have to make a stopover in Hyderabad for a night for some personal errands before making my onward journey. Basically my flight schedule will be like; reach late night in airport and leave next afternoon. I will be with my family.

1. I heard that, like Bangalore, Hyderabad airport is far away from city. How much time it normally takes to city center in cab and average cost.

2. Which area should I look for my stay, nearer to airport the better. I would like to spend the least time and fortune searching for cab for to and fro ride to airport.

3. Any suggestion for mid budget hotels, in range of 3k-4k with a nice breakfast option?

4. I will be with my family and regular holiday luggage, so airport buses are not for me. Any suggestion for proper cab service for airport, I mean how easy/difficult to get uber or ola ? Airport website says, meru and sky are the authorized one, but my experience in Bangalore before suggests me they would be insanely costly.

The most convenient option would be the Novotel hotel within the Airport premises. They have free shuttle, so you will have zero travel cost and hassle. If you need to travel alone to the city then it is safe to leave family in the hotel and commute by bus. If you are on a tight budget, you can take the room without breakfast. Take the shuttle to the airport in the morning and have your breakfast in one of the airport eateries, or just buy some ready to eat stuff.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 17:17   #1970
Senior - BHPian

Depends on where you want to go in hyderabad the next morning.

You need to allow 90..100 minutes to reach the airport from quite a few parts of the city - whatever is in the old city, or mehdipatnam, are closer (relatively!) compared to Secunderabad. Even these closer areas need 45 minutes or so.

If you can share more details I'm sure a better recommendation can be provided. No issues getting uber and ola, they have dedicated parking lots in the arrival terminal.
Old 17th July 2017, 11:12   #1971
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
The most convenient option would be the Novotel hotel within the Airport premises.
Novotel is in my radar and also getting some good deal, blocked it with free cancellation option till 24 hours prior to journey. Our flight out of city is at 3 PM and the family may get bored waiting at the hotel, hence thinking of in city accommodation if suitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Depends on where you want to go in hyderabad the next morning.

You need to allow 90..100 minutes to reach the airport from quite a few parts of the city - whatever is in the old city, or mehdipatnam, are closer (relatively!) compared to Secunderabad. Even these closer areas need 45 minutes or so.

If you can share more details I'm sure a better recommendation can be provided. No issues getting uber and ola, they have dedicated parking lots in the arrival terminal.
Basically I have to meet a couple of guys and they are OK to meet me in hotel where I would be putting on. Traveling for 90 minutes in cab to reach airport would be a strict no no for me. As suggested by androdev I am keeping Novotel as a option, but with some time to kill in morning, I am thinking of some in city areas. Any place in between airport and city with let say a 30 min cab to some city area and 30 min to airport would definitely help me out, I don't know, may be I am asking for impossible.
Old 17th July 2017, 11:16   #1972
Senior - BHPian

A hotel in Mehdipatnam would fit the bill for what you want, it is just after you get down from that long, long flyover outside the airport.

It is also much closer to food / entertainment options than the airport (where it all exists but is of course grossly overpriced).

Probably cheaper than the Novotel too. But if you just want to meet people over lunch or whatever, the novotel is just fine, any cab to the city will be 700-1000 rupees, and to even half a mile outside the airport will be 500+ on uber / ola because of the expensive toll.
Old 17th July 2017, 11:27   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hyderabad Airport is very well connected,hence you would have no issues with travel to and from the airport.Prepaid,Ola,Uber,Sky,Meru,AirportLiner buses-you name it they have it.If you want to book an Ola or a Uber,I suggest you do it once you have collected the luggage and are on your way out.There are enough cars hanging around in the dedicated Ola/Uber parking space.The prepaid taxis should be your least preferred mode.Meru and Sky are definitely expensive.Buses-since you are with luggage,is not a preferred option.

Novotel Airport would be the closest,like Andro has already suggested,they have free shuttles to the hotel.Hotel is good,it is not walking distance to the terminal,but going to the city from that hotel would be a big pain considering the distance.

There is Hyderabad Grand at Shamshabad which is again good for stopover passengers.It is right at the entry point into the Airport Road.If you have to be in the city (depending on which part of it),I suggest that you stay in a hotel in the city,since getting to the hotel in the night would be quick as opposed to making two trips(to and fro) from the airport/shamshabad the next day morning.Staying in the city means you would get more time to finish off whatever it is that you need to do in the city.

If staying near the airport and travelling to city and getting back by afternoon,budget for atleast 90mins,one way,(worst case 2hrs) to most parts of the city(except for Hitech City,Madhapur,Kondapur,Gachibowli,Mehdipatnam-these places you should be able to make it in 45-60mins time).

There are plenty of hotels suiting all kinds of budget at all parts of the city.Like Hserus mentioned,if you mention which part of the city you need to be in,people here would be able to help with more specific information and inputs.

Getting a cab from any part of the city is extremely easy,ola,uber,sky,meru are all easily available within a wait time of 5-10mins usually.

To sum it up,look for a hotel in an area closer to where you need to be the next morning rather than staying near the airport.Finish up the work and take a cab back to the airport next day afternoon.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 11:46   #1974
BANNED

Quote:
A hotel in Mehdipatnam would fit the bill for what you want, it is just after you get down from that long, long flyover outside the airport.

It is also much closer to food / entertainment options than the airport (where it all exists but is of course grossly overpriced).

Probably cheaper than the Novotel too. But if you just want to meet people over lunch or whatever, the novotel is just fine, any cab to the city will be 700-1000 rupees, and to even half a mile outside the airport will be 500+ on uber / ola because of the expensive toll.
Thanks, I will look for Mehdipatnam area then, thank you very much for the information. By the way, did you mean that to catch a Uber I have to walk down half a mile and they are not available near airport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
There is Hyderabad Grand at Shamshabad which is again good for stopover passengers.

-

Like Hserus mentioned,if you mention which part of the city you need to be in,people here would be able to help with more specific information and inputs.
Thank you Ranjitp1 for suggestions. Let me check with Hyderabad Grand.

Point is, as I am new to the city and with luggage and family, the people I am to meet agreed to meet me in any hotel I am putting in. So it become simpler for me. Now all I need an area with most convenient way to reach airport.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:01   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I will look for Mehdipatnam area then, thank you very much for the information. By the way, did you mean that to catch a Uber I have to walk down half a mile and they are not available near airport?
they are available at Parking Pickup Point "D",D is the designated area for all Ola and Uber pickups.This is one level below the arrival level(ramps,escalators,elevators all are available to take you to the parking level)

Quote:
Point is, as I am new to the city and with luggage and family, the people I am to meet agreed to meet me in any hotel I am putting in. So it become simpler for me. Now all I need an area with most convenient way to reach airport.
If that is the case,then Novotel Airport or Hyderabad Grand should work for you.

Else take a cab to Gachibowli which is 30mins away and plenty of better hotels of all budgets available.Mehdipatnam area does not have any good hotels,so I wouldn't suggest looking for anything there.

Depending on what time you are arriving,plenty of restaurants as well in the Gachibowli area.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 17th July 2017 at 12:04.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 12:04   #1976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
they are available at Parking Pickup Point "D",D is the designated area for all Ola and Uber pickups.
I mean that even if your destination is half a mile outside the airport toll you'll still get a 500+ bill from an uber or ola, thanks to the toll rates.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:14   #1977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I mean that even if your destination is half a mile outside the airport toll you'll still get a 500+ bill from an uber or ola, thanks to the toll rates.
Pardon my ignorance since it has been around 5 months that I last took an Uber from the airport,so not sure if there are any new charges that have been added in addition to the parking rate.

Would you be kind enough to advise which toll is this that is being referred to,because 700-800INR is usually the Uber fare to my house 45kms away from the airport,the only toll that one would usually pay is if one takes the Outer Ring Road usually in the region of 60-100rs to the farthest exit(the ORR is the last option for any of the cabs,due to extra distance and toll money,it is usually taken only by the private cars)
Old 17th July 2017, 12:30   #1978
BANNED

Thank you all for suggestions, I will be looking for Gachibowli area then.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:31   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Just one toll as you say. But Ola and Uber both have a base fare from Hyd airport. 499 for the first 40 km and Rs 18 per km for Ola. Uber has similar rates.

Mostly due to the airport levying a Rs 200 pickup surcharge on taxi operators.

https://www.olacabs.com/fares/hyderabad

Last edited by hserus : 17th July 2017 at 12:54.
Old 12th September 2017, 02:01   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest accommodation in Kolkata

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a hotel in Kolkata near Bada Bazar. Wife will be visiting this place for purchasing, for her garment shop (and I am going to accompany).

I expect AC rooms with hot water facility. The hotel shall not be far from Bada Bazar (10 min travel by Auto is acceptable) and it shall fit into a budget of around Rs. 1500 to 1800 for double occupancy with taxes excluding any food.

I saw two hotels near to Bada Bazar on MG Road but they were asking Rs. 2700 and Rs. 3050 respectively for double occupancy.

Your suggestions are welcome. Any service apartment / residential guest house too can be considered. We intend to check-in on the evening of 14th Sep and stay for 2 nights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks