Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2019, 22:59   #2116
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
which would be a good hotel to stay?
Please see this earlier post by Ranjith. It is about 5 years old, so if you don't get more current suggestions, you can refer this one (Ranjith's suggestions are spot on)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post3545551 (A thread on Accommodation & Rates)

On places to visit, you can add the IMAX theater as well.

For places to eat, do look at the eating out in Hyderabad thread, again lots of suggestions from Ranjith and mobike008, both aficionados
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 11:09   #2117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Planning for vacation in Hyderabad next week with wife and son. Never been to Hyderabad earlier. I will be leaving Bangalore early morning on May 5th. Tentative places to visit as below:

1. Ramoji film city
2. Charminar
3. Birla mandir
4. Jaganath temple
5. Salar jung museum
6. Hussein sagar lake
7. IKEA showroom
8. Sudha car museum
9. Golconda fort

Please suggest any other nice places to visit. Any recommendations for shopping?

If 4-5 days are enough to cover all the above, which would be a good hotel to stay? I am availing leave for the entire next week - hence time would not be a constraint.
Ikea is good full day affair if you are really looking at exploring and you have things in mind to buy.You can plan to be there around 11ish after breakfast,have lunch at the restaurant inside and be there till about 4-5pm.

Ramoji is another full day affair.Plan to be there by 9am.Book your entry ticket online and opt for the package that has lunch included if budget permits.That way you do not have to spend on lunch and you get a far better lunch as well plus you are shown around in an exclusive bus.Under that package you get to take your car till the reception inside Ramoji.Considering the heat,my reccomendation would be to opt for that all inclusive package.City to Ramoji should take you around an hour's drive via the outer ring road.If you are opting for an Uber,take the hire as getting a car on your return is going to be pretty difficult considering that the location is out of the city on Vijayawada highway.

Charminar and Salarjung are next to each other so budget for half a day for that plus the shopping in Laad Bazaar for the bangles and other trinklets and walking around in the bylanes.The same day evening depending on your tiredness levels,you can drop by Hussain Sagar Lake.Birla Mandir is next to Hussain Sagar.The religious angle apart,you get a panoramic view of the city from the mandir.

Golconda fort is another half day affair.My suggestion would be to reach there by around 3-4pm and buy tickets for the light and sound show.its a very engaging and interesting show.It is done in Hindi,English and Telugu for an hour each starting from 5pm iirc.The voice over is done by Amitabh Bachchan,Naseeruddin Shah etc.Worth it imo.

My suggestion would be for you to look for a hotel in the Madhapur-Hitech City-Gachibowli side or even Banjara Hills/Jubilee Hills as there are enough restaurants,ease of access etc.Depending on your budget you can choose your hotel,my reccomendations are Radisson Hitech City,Oakwood Kapil,Lemontree Hitech City,Marriott Apartments,Trident,Radissn Blu,Sheraton,Mint OTM,Holiday Inn Express-Banjara
ranjitp1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 15:11   #2118
BHPian

Planning my first trip to Digha / Mandarmoni.
Any recommendation from the experienced members for clean, family & child friendly hotels in these locations with adequate parking. Sea view from rooms would be preferable. Budget is flexible.
Old 26th July 2019, 16:57   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
Any recommendation from the experienced members for clean, family & child friendly hotels in these locations with adequate parking. Sea view from rooms would be preferable. Budget is flexible.
Whenever I've been to Mandarmoni, I've stayed in Hotel Sonar Bangla. It's situated just beside the Rose Valley hotel, which is also another good hotel. Both of these are expensive though. I think we paid 3.5k per room the last time we went. This is right on the beach.
In Old Digha, check if you can book the WBTDCL tourist lodge. It's very close to the beach and it's a nice place. I've only stayed there and in the PWD guest house next door, so I can't recommend other hotels.
boniver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 21:09   #2120
BHPian

With the recent issues with Oyo Rooms where customers are being rejected check-in, how good is Oyo now? Are they reliable? How do we ensure our check-ins are confirmed? I am asking this as I normally use Oyo while travelling to or through unknown and remote places, they used to ensure a minimum quality of rooms.

Also, can any Oyo Partner here bring out the issues the Hoteliers are facing?
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 21:25   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
We stay in Anutri, always better to book direct instead of online portals.

Their number is +919007578294

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 26th July 2019 at 21:27.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 18:46   #2122
BHPian

It has been a while since we have had any discussion on accommodation in and around Ooty.
BHPians who have done recent Ooty trips, can you please suggest good hotel accommodation and food joints in Ooty?

Last edited by MSAneesh : 31st July 2019 at 18:58.
Old 3rd August 2019, 16:39   #2123
BHPian

Any recommendation for a clean, conveniently located, moderately priced (~5K) Hotel as close as possible to IIT Mumbai ? Need it for a couple of days next week.
Old 3rd August 2019, 22:03   #2124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendation for a clean, conveniently located, moderately priced (~5K) Hotel as close as possible to IIT Mumbai ? Need it for a couple of days next week.
This is in Powai near Hiranandani. https://www.fernhotels.com/rodas.html

About a km away.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 13:35   #2125
BHPian

Hi all looking for places to stay with my extended family at Mangalore, Gokarna & Udupi. Budget will be 3K/night/room. Family & child friendly places with parking a must. Any recommendations? TIA
Old 6th September 2019, 21:58   #2126
BHPian

We are planning a family trip to pollachi from Calicut on this coming week. We are looking to stay in coco lagoon. I need to know the condition of the road to pollachi from Calicut.
Old 11th September 2019, 18:33   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi all looking for places to stay with my extended family at Mangalore, Gokarna & Udupi. Budget will be 3K/night/room. Family & child friendly places with parking a must. Any recommendations? TIA
Looking for similar stay options. Any recommendations?
Old 30th September 2019, 08:14   #2128
BHPian

Can someone suggest a GOOD vegetarian restaurant in Kalpathy (near Palakkad) with adequate car parking?

Thanks in advance !
Old 30th September 2019, 09:34   #2129
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Can someone suggest a GOOD vegetarian restaurant in Kalpathy (near Palakkad) with adequate car parking?
The good vegetarian restaurants in Palakkad I know are

1.Kapilavasthu (2 branches, one on GB Road aka Market road where parking may not be easy and other in Nurani next to KSRTC bus stand that has a large parking lot at the back).

2.Hariharaputra (2 branches and parking at both may not be easy since they're surrounded by busy shopping areas).

3.Ashok Bhavan, also on GB/Market road need to find roadside parking slot.

*I think these 3 aren't too far from Kalpathy, but do check distances on map just to be sure.
Also, if you're unfamiliar with the city, I will suggest you park your car at a safe place and take an autorickshaw, except for Kapilavasthu near KSRTC bus stand where parking isn't an issue.

Last edited by NPV : 30th September 2019 at 09:36.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 09:40   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Also, if you're unfamiliar with the city, I will suggest you park your car at a safe place and take an autorickshaw, except for Kapilavasthu near KSRTC bus stand where parking isn't an issue.
Thank you.

Actually, I travelling (driving my car) from Salem to Guruvayur and I expect to be near Palghat / Kalpathy around lunch time . Hence my question.

Even any good vegetarian restaurant near this zone, on the Salem - Guruvayur route should be good enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks