Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2013, 21:15   #1366
Senior - BHPian

re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I remember seeing hotel residency in karur. Not on the highway but quite easy to reach.
If I have to travel up to Karur, I'd actually prefer Hotel Hemala - had a really good stay on the trip towards Bangalore. It was so good I wrote a review about it on Tripadvisor
Old 21st August 2013, 01:15   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Are there any suggestion for budget stay options say with 1500 in Mangalore? Great veg restaurants and suggested dishes are welcome.
Old 21st August 2013, 01:36   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Are there any suggestion for budget stay options say with 1500 in Mangalore? Great veg restaurants and suggested dishes are welcome.
Hotel Vasanth Mahal, opp city center mall should fit your bill.

Caution:Please book rooms which are non road facing or else you will not be able to sleep beyond 5am.

Regards,

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 01:46   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Ginger would be one of the better budget accommodation option in Mangalore. Well, about veg restaurants i would suggest 'Mohini Vilas' on GHS road, 'Woodlands' near bunts hostel, 'Ayodhya' around PVS Junction and 'Janata Deluxe' off MG Road. This region is known for its Neer Dosa, Kotte Kadubu, Bonda Soup, Gujje Podi and Goli Baje and many more.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 01:53   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, JMaruru and SILVERWOOD.

Ayodhya seems to have both good rooms and food. Is that correct? I would be travelling from Udupi towards tholpetti check post. Are any of these places enroute, or do I have to take a deviation to enter the city?

PS : Any places which serve specialty dosa's?

edit: is this hotel ayodhya? http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...Karnataka.html

edit 2: http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...Karnataka.html

Last edited by govigov : 21st August 2013 at 02:04.
Old 21st August 2013, 02:09   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, JMaruru and SILVERWOOD.

Ayodhya seems to have both good rooms and food. Is that correct? I would be travelling from Udupi towards tholpetti check post. Are any of these places enroute, or do I have to take a deviation to enter the city?

PS : Any places which serve specialty dosa's?

edit: is this hotel ayodhya? http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...Karnataka.html
Ayodhya does offer decent rooms and most of the regional cuisine. For most of the suggested restaurants you have to head into the town. You would get variety of dosas at Ayodhya and the old style wood fired 'Masala Dosa' is popular at Woodlands.

Yes, the link is about Hotel Ayodhya.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 23:30   #1372
BHPian

Team

am looking for a hotel near Anantha padmanabha temple in Thiruvanathapuram. Request you to pls suggest some very good hotels.

regards
Deepak
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:48   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Team

am looking for a hotel near Anantha padmanabha temple in Thiruvanathapuram. Request you to pls suggest some very good hotels.

regards
Deepak
KTDC Chaitram:Budget hotel

Keys Hotel

The Residency Tower

SP Grand Days

Maurya Rajadhani
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:24   #1374
BHPian

I was in kishangarh last week for a night break. Please avoid Royal Heritage. On the way back I stayed fo one night at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson (on way to ajmer from kishangarh). Country Inn is slightly expensive ( ~ 500-1000 rupees more per night) but wy better than Royal Heritage. Royal Heritage completely disappointed me with lack of cleanliness, poorly trained staff, malfucntioning geysers and sad breakfast.

Carlson rooms are bigger, clean, more courteous and trained staff, nice restaurant & bar. There is also a Mc Donalds next to Carlson just in case you dont like the hotel food.
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:59   #1375
Senior - BHPian

My bad, I am sorry to learn of your bad experience at Royal Heritage, more so since I recommended the property to you. I have been staying there since last many years and would have done so again on my upcoming annual drive through. Seems the take over by the 1589 group has not worked out and now with the heads up from you I will have to look at alternate options on the NH79.

The Carlson sounds like a new property as does the McD but then my last drive on the NH8 to Udaipur was nearly 3+ years ago and I do not recall seeing either of the two at that time. Could you provide a mapped location or approximate distance / driving time from either Kishangarh or Ajmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
I was in kishangarh last week for a night break. Please avoid Royal Heritage. On the way back I stayed fo one night at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson (on way to ajmer from kishangarh). Country Inn is slightly expensive ( ~ 500-1000 rupees more per night) but wy better than Royal Heritage. Royal Heritage completely disappointed me with lack of cleanliness, poorly trained staff, malfucntioning geysers and sad breakfast.

Carlson rooms are bigger, clean, more courteous and trained staff, nice restaurant & bar. There is also a Mc Donalds next to Carlson just in case you dont like the hotel food.
Old 22nd August 2013, 17:28   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
My bad, I am sorry to learn of your bad experience at Royal Heritage, more so since I recommended the property to you.
Hi Khoj, No issues with the advice. In hospitality service inconsistency is very high. Same property can leave different experiences on people depending on what we expect. I hedged my bets by booking carlson on my way back from my trip.

To reach carlson,take the Ajmer road from Kishangarh. Its on the right side of the Kishangarh Ajmer road. Phone number is 0145 6623456. Its part of a complex built by Ansal developers. Quality of food is average but better than Royal Heritage. Carlson also has decent parking.The hotel is around 11-12 kms from the turnoff to ajmer from kishangarh. The hotel comes after a newly built toll gate (no toll charges as of now).

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2013 at 15:14. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 17:49   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Team

regards
Deepak
Deepak, can you tell me your budget and how many days? Accommodation available from Rs 500 (lowest end lodges) to Rs 10,000 (Samudra 5 star) per night.
I'm from trivandrum and can suggest / help you book the hotel.
Old 22nd August 2013, 17:58   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
Deepak, can you tell me your budget and how many days? Accommodation available from Rs 500 (lowest end lodges) to Rs 10,000 (Samudra 5 star) per night.
I'm from trivandrum and can suggest / help you book the hotel.
Thanks Johny.....somewhere around 2000/night. Need 3 rooms and if someone can assist in darshan for the temple it will be great.

Last edited by kdeepakk : 22nd August 2013 at 18:00.
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:47   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Johny.....somewhere around 2000/night. Need 3 rooms and if someone can assist in darshan for the temple it will be great.
I can recommend Luciya and Park Rajadhani. Both Hotels are right in front of Padmanabha Swamy Temple. From room to temple will be less than 2-3 min walk.

http://www.sajlucia.com/ -- the website shows tariff of 6000-7000, but cleartrip shows 2400. You will get it at that rate.

http://parkrajadhani.com -- under 2000

I have gone to both hotels - not to rooms, but visited the restaurants. I can assure you both are decent. No 5 star facilities, but good.

Let me know the dates of visit. I can ask one of my friends to help you. If you are visiting next week, I will be there. From 24th Aug to 1 Sep, I'm in town.
Old 22nd August 2013, 19:39   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I visit goa almost twice a year so Iam aware about most of the things it offers.

I have my own set of preferred hotels too but, was just wondering if i should try out something new this time

We mostly stay in North Goa and ride all over south goa as a day trip.
On my latest driving trip to Goa, I stayed at a place called Nirvana Hermitage at Anjuna. Tough to locate initially. Decent facilities for 1.8K per night. Nice for those who want a laid back ambiance. Hiring a FZ/Scooter once you park your car works best as the approach road to the resort is a steep one laner.

I would also recommend Cochicos Resort at Vagator. About 2.5K per night but more accessible than Nirvana. It's run by very hospitable people.

Talking of trying something new, why don't you check into a serviced apartment? I'm not able to recollect the names but will update when I remember. Suits those who like to do a spot of cooking for breakfast, etc. The Mapusa market does have some nice options for the meat eaters.

Cheers,

Jay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks