Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2013, 19:09   #1351
BHPian

re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi Guys,
I'm visiting Kanchipuram with family of 4 this weekend(Friday and Saturday) and have a few queries.
1. A good accomodation hotel/lodge at Kanchi to stay with food or near to a good food place. We are pure veggies
2. I plan to take the GQ till vellore via Krishnagiri and take deviation at Kaveripakkam to Kanchi. Is my route good in a WagonR?
5. Also, if i get a tour iternary of which temples to visit at Kanchi would be of great help.
I've stayed at GRT a couple of times; little bit expensive but rooms and service are good; biggest plus point: it is right next to Hotel Saravana Bhavan.

The route you've mentioned is fine for your car.

Temple Details
  • Shri Varadaraja Perumal Temple - one of the 108 Divya Desams
  • Shri Kamakshi Amman Temple - right in the heart of the town; very famous
  • Shri Ekaambaraeswarar Temple - Lord Shiva
  • Kumara Kottam - Lord Muruga
  • Shri Kailasanathar Temple - of archaelogical importance
  • Shri Sarabeswarar Temple - next to GRT

If you have time, you can visit the Shripuram Golden Temple and the Ratnagiri Hill Top Murugan Temple on the way.

All the best - safe trip !
Tempelhof is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 21:44   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Accommodation in Ahmedabad, GJ

Guys,

I have to break journey at Ahmedabad for the night. Can you suggest a decent hotel, with car parking, for family near IIM-A. Preferably walking distance. Budget would be ~3k.

tia,
-BJ
Old 7th August 2013, 22:26   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accommodation in Ahmedabad, GJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Guys,

I have to break journey at Ahmedabad for the night. Can you suggest a decent hotel, with car parking, for family near IIM-A. Preferably walking distance. Budget would be ~3k.

tia,
-BJ
I would reccomend the Country Inn Suites by Carlson.Would be in your budget as well.3-4kms. http://www.countryinns.com/ahmedabad...380054/indahmd

Others:

Inder Residency http://www.inderresidency.com/

Hyatt Ahmedabad http://ahmedabad.hyatthotels.hyatt.c...otel/home.html
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 11:37   #1354
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations of hotels in Goa with a budget of 2K per night?
Old 9th August 2013, 12:21   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Any recommendations of hotels in Goa with a budget of 2K per night?
Goa is a big place. Which part of Goa? South Goa is cheaper, but hotels with swimming pools are expensive.

Calangute/ Baga has many options in that range. Try searching on Agoda.
Old 9th August 2013, 12:24   #1356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Goa is a big place. Which part of Goa? South Goa iis cheaper, but hotels with swimming pools are expensive.
I visit goa almost twice a year so Iam aware about most of the things it offers.

I have my own set of preferred hotels too but, was just wondering if i should try out something new this time

We mostly stay in North Goa and ride all over south goa as a day trip.
Old 14th August 2013, 15:55   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations of hotels in Chennai (In and around Chennai Central) with a budget of 2K per night?

Waseem.
Old 14th August 2013, 18:09   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Guys, will be driving to my hometown Nagercoil sometime next month during a weekend. Mostly will be around the 7th and 8th. I am looking for a nice, clean accommodation for me and my parents for one night somewhere around Dindigul. I am thinking Dindigul since it is somewhere around halfway through the distance between Bangalore, Nagercoil.

No, I will have to break the journey. Please suggest some nice place to stay at around this distance - preferably somewhere along the highway itself without having to go into the town. Don't want to suffer in traffic.

Thanks!
Old 15th August 2013, 06:28   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, will be driving to my hometown Nagercoil sometime next month during a weekend. Mostly will be around the 7th and 8th. I am looking for a nice, clean accommodation for me and my parents for one night somewhere around Dindigul. I am thinking Dindigul since it is somewhere around halfway through the distance between Bangalore, Nagercoil.

No, I will have to break the journey. Please suggest some nice place to stay at around this distance - preferably somewhere along the highway itself without having to go into the town. Don't want to suffer in traffic.

Thanks!
No hotel on the highway in dindigul afaik.rockfort in the town is average.the best in town is parsons court

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 15th August 2013 at 06:29.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 19:05   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
No hotel on the highway in dindigul afaik.rockfort in the town is average.the best in town is parsons court
Ouch. Ok, let me check that out. Or will have to plan to drive till Madurai. Any good places to stay near the highway closer to Madurai?
Old 17th August 2013, 17:36   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Need recommendations for a place to stay in kolhapur for 1 night. Will be traveling with 2 kids, so need a safe and clean place with parking for the night. Good food will be a plus. Ideally in/ near town

We will arrive around noon and then head to the temple. We intend to leave after breakfast next day.

Is hotel pearl good for this purpose?
Old 17th August 2013, 20:10   #1362
BHPian

There's new Coffee outlet (with clean toilets) on NH-79 (Salem - Madras route), about 15 kms from Salem very close to the Vaazhapadi Toll Plaza. While going from Salem to Madras, it will be on your right, just before the Toll Plaza. It is called Caffee (sic) Point. Owner Ilamurugan is enthusiastic and has promised to keep that place very clean
Old 18th August 2013, 11:12   #1363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Need recommendations for a place to stay in kolhapur for 1 night. Will be traveling with 2 kids, so need a safe and clean place with parking for the night. Good food will be a plus. Ideally in/ near town

We will arrive around noon and then head to the temple. We intend to leave after breakfast next day.

Is hotel pearl good for this purpose?
Hotel Skylark imo is the best.Raysons Regency is also very good.Pearl is average to good.

www.hotelskylark.com
Old 18th August 2013, 17:27   #1364
BHPian

Quote:

I remember seeing hotel residency in karur. Not on the highway but quite easy to reach.
sbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 17:38   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Hotel Skylark imo is the best.Raysons Regency is also very good.Pearl is average to good.

www.hotelskylark.com
I stayed at Raysons Regency on 9th Aug. The room was a bit damp and not very clean. The bathroom was ok. The lift kept going out of order. I think the rooms are 2nd floor onwards. Would recommend that you check out another place.

Their restaurant is good and the food is good. A preferred place to eat in Kolhapur.
enragz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks