Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:22   #1381
BHPian

re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
I can recommend Luciya and Park Rajadhani. Both Hotels are right in front of Padmanabha Swamy Temple. From room to temple will be less than 2-3 min walk.

http://www.sajlucia.com/ -- the website shows tariff of 6000-7000, but cleartrip shows 2400. You will get it at that rate.

http://parkrajadhani.com -- under 2000

I have gone to both hotels - not to rooms, but visited the restaurants. I can assure you both are decent. No 5 star facilities, but good.

Let me know the dates of visit. I can ask one of my friends to help you. If you are visiting next week, I will be there. From 24th Aug to 1 Sep, I'm in town.

Great thanks Johny. I have got quote from Keys & Mayura rajdhani around 2500. I am there on 24th evening and sunday after darshan we return.

We are leaving Bangalore around 7am so should reach around 7pm sometime on 24th. is it busy in the temple on sunday? is there any special darshan?
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:49   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Great thanks Johny. I have got quote from Keys & Mayura rajdhani around 2500. I am there on 24th evening and sunday after darshan we return.

We are leaving Bangalore around 7am so should reach around 7pm sometime on 24th. is it busy in the temple on sunday? is there any special darshan?
OK. Any of these hotels is fine. Keys and Maurya are not near the temple, but only 10-15 min drive. You have your car, rt. So no problem.

One suggestion on your travel - if you can leave little earlier, say 5am it would be better. The last stretch Nagercoil to Trivandrum is 60Km, but easily takes 2 hours because of narrow road and heavy traffic. If you hit Nagercoil around 3pm, traffic may be slightly less.

I will reach Trivandrum tomorrow morning. You can call me in the evening if you need anything. I will PM you my number.
Old 24th August 2013, 01:32   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
OK. Any of these hotels is fine. Keys and Maurya are not near the temple, but only 10-15 min drive. You have your car, rt. So no problem.

One suggestion on your travel - if you can leave little earlier, say 5am it would be better. The last stretch Nagercoil to Trivandrum is 60Km, but easily takes 2 hours because of narrow road and heavy traffic. If you hit Nagercoil around 3pm, traffic may be slightly less.

I will reach Trivandrum tomorrow morning. You can call me in the evening if you need anything. I will PM you my number.
Thanks JOhny.

got offer from Sajluciya for 2500+ taxes. If i face any issues will call u sometime or else we can have a team meet.
Old 24th August 2013, 10:23   #1384
Distinguished - BHPian

Banyan Soul, Anjuna Beach, Goa

http://www.thebanyansoul.com/

I stayed at this quaint, peaceful and lovely place in Goa during the Independence Day weekend.

Its a neat place and service is very quick even though their room service is getting food from outside

Each and every room has a roomy porch in front and they have a total of 12 rooms. Paid a princely Rs.1200 per night for this comfortable room.

Only hiccup is its little interior from main road which goes towards Anjuna Beach. If you have a bike, no problemo !!!
Attached Thumbnails
A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img_00000697.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img_00000706.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img_00000704.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img_00000705.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th August 2013 at 17:32. Reason: added details
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 12:21   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I stayed at this quaint, peaceful and lovely place in Goa during the Independence Day weekend.
You forgot to mention the name of the place

Contact details also would be great
Old 24th August 2013, 17:33   #1386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
You forgot to mention the name of the place Contact details also would be great
My bad. I edited the original post and added the missing details. Contact details on their web address.
Old 31st August 2013, 20:42   #1387
BHPian

I had to attend a 3-day event in Uchila (between Mangalore and Udupi).

We stayed in S.S. Lodge, Padubidri. It's about 0.5 km south of the Padubidri bus stand. Decent place; paid Rs. 1,000 per night for a double bed a/c room. A 3-bed a/c room is Rs. 1,200. Neat and clean, bathrooms likewise. We stayed on the second floor; some others in the group stayed on the first floor and they commented that our rooms / bathrooms were better. 24-hour checkout. 0820-255-5064.

We didn't eat there because most joints (inclding S.S. Lodge's) in the area are mixed kitchen veg/non-veg, and we're veg.

They will call an autorikshaw for you if you need one. We commuted the 6 km one way all the 3 days by auto from the lodge to Uchila. They charge about Rs. 100 one way because they have to go empty one way.

The other lodge in Padubidri is Hotel Amar Comforts: 0820-257-7077, 257-7277, 255-6956, 98454-06495. Didn't check them out.

We ate once at Navrang restaurant in Padubidri. Looks really good from outside, but they serve cold / stale food. Even dosas were like that. The restaurant opposite that, called Vijay Bhavan, is much better. It appears they all close at 9pm. Both of these are veg restaurants.

Padubidri is also home to the famous Pallavi Restaurant, but it's non-veg, so we didn't go there.
Old 31st August 2013, 23:23   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
We stayed in S.S. Lodge, Padubidri. It's about 0.5 km south of the Padubidri bus stand. Decent place; paid Rs. 1,000 per night for a double bed a/c room. A 3-bed a/c room is Rs. 1,200. Neat and clean, bathrooms likewise. We stayed on the second floor; some others in the group stayed on the first floor and they commented that our rooms / bathrooms were better. 24-hour checkout. 0820-255-5064.

We didn't eat there because most joints (inclding S.S. Lodge's) in the area are mixed kitchen veg/non-veg, and we're veg.

We ate once at Navrang restaurant in Padubidri. Looks really good from outside, but they serve cold / stale food. Even dosas were like that. The restaurant opposite that, called Vijay Bhavan, is much better. It appears they all close at 9pm. Both of these are veg restaurants.
There is another option of 'SAS International', which is just off padubidre bus stand. Decent accommodation.

About food, Vijaya is a good option for vegetarians. If you wouldn't mind eating veg at a non-veg joint, the Downtown bar n restaurant is a decent one. This is attached to Hotel Amar. Also, you had another option of 'Bittu da Dhaba' near Hejamady junction, like it is around 3 kms from 'SS Lodge'. Decent vegetarian food.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 21:21   #1389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I remember seeing hotel residency in karur. Not on the highway but quite easy to reach.
Thanks, did the drive up to Dindigul....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
No hotel on the highway in dindigul afaik.rockfort in the town is average.the best in town is parsons court
And stayed in Parsons Court - thanks to the GPS, located the place easily. Very decent stay. Had a nice "Thalappakatti" biryani in the night too. Morning breakfast was in Parsons Court - very nice.

Thanks for the suggest.
Old 9th September 2013, 13:07   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Finally Indian Five Star hotels to get health faucets in bathrooms-what a shame that it took them 67years to understand Indian Hygiene practices.

QUOTE:

Dr K Chiranjeevi, Minister of State with Independent Charge for Tourism, Government of India, has approved the revision of guidelines for hotel classification/re─classification to make hotel services customer─oriented. Suggestions from the tourism and hospitality industries were considered before the approval was given, stated a release.

The revision of these guidelines has been aimed to provide a higher level of services in hotels and to make information about customer rights available to them on and before arrival. Dr Chiranjeevi expressed hope that the revised guidelines would make hotels more visitor─friendly and hospitable.

As per the new guidelines, all categories of hotels will have to indicate on their websites the complimentary facilities and amenities provided to guests. Facilities provided only on request must also be included in the same category. Besides, guests must be informed of the same on arrival. Water─based facilities like sprays or bidets or washlets must be made available at all star hotels.

UNQUOTE
Old 11th September 2013, 16:43   #1391
BHPian

Accommodation in Cochin

Friends,

Need your help in finding a budget accommodation in Cochin, near railway station.

Need to have hot water, decent toilets, and if possible 24 hours checkin, as we shall be arriving by train.

Any guidance on the places to visit in Cochin, considering senior citizens will be travelling with me.

Appreciate your help
Old 12th September 2013, 12:00   #1392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Accommodation in Cochin

Friends,

Need your help in finding a budget accommodation in Cochin, near railway station.

Need to have hot water, decent toilets, and if possible 24 hours checkin, as we shall be arriving by train.
Depends on what exactly you mean by budget accommodation. Hotel Woods Manor is a good option.

If you want to go even cheaper then Ceylon Bake house is a relatively good one.
Old 12th September 2013, 15:06   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Depends on what exactly you mean by budget accommodation. Hotel Woods Manor is a good option.

If you want to go even cheaper then Ceylon Bake house is a relatively good one.

Sirji,

Thanks for your reply. We will be staying only for a day in Cochin. Most of the time, will be out sight seeing. Good Sleep, Clean Bed sheets, and clean toilets is what I am looking for.

Appreciate your help
Old 13th September 2013, 15:44   #1394
BHPian

Please recommend good hotels in kolhapur and belgaum for a night stay. I will be travelling with family. preference would be to stay in a place which is clean, hygienic, safe and has adequate parking space. The closer to NH4 the better.

Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 19:38   #1395
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Please recommend good hotels in kolhapur and belgaum for a night stay. I will be travelling with family. preference would be to stay in a place which is clean, hygienic, safe and has adequate parking space. The closer to NH4 the better.

Thanks
Kolhapur : Raysons Regency and Skylark
Belgaum : Sankam www.sankam.in/‎
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks