Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 10:02   #2131
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Even any good vegetarian restaurant near this zone, on the Salem - Guruvayur route should be good enough.
I think the detour into Palakkad will be worth if going to Kapilavasthu near KSRTC bus stand, by far the best veg restaurant with nice ambience.
*This should be fine since you're going into the city to Kalpathy.

Alternatively, on the highway when driving from Guruvayoor towards Salem direction, just after Palakkad bypass near Kanjikode there is a Sri Saravana Bavan (not the original, but decent).

After this, there are other options like Aaryaas, Gowrishankar, etc between Walayar and Coimbatore bypass these are good as well.

Last edited by NPV : 30th September 2019 at 10:04.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 09:29   #2132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think the detour into Palakkad will be worth if going to Kapilavasthu near KSRTC bus stand, by far the best veg restaurant with nice ambience.
I did just that and the place was good. Thanks a lot !
Tempelhof is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 21:11   #2133
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Based on recent experience, I wanted to update this thread with recommended hotels (these were recommended by other Bhpians but adding them here so that it stays current):

Kollur - if visiting the Mookambika temple, you can choose Jyothis Residency, just behind the temple. Rooms are newish, clean and maintained well. Restaurant is also decent. Alternatively, one can also stay at Mahalakshmi Residency which is bang opposite one of the temple entrances. I tried only their restaurant which is excellent and better than Jyothis. I was told the rooms are also as good as Jyothis, so one can choose between these two and can walk to the temple.

Sringeri - Hotel Sharadha Comforts at Shankaracharya circle about 1.5 km away from the temple parking lot. Well maintained, clean rooms and restaurant is decent, you will not miss Bangalore style food for sure (the Shanthi/Shiv Sagar types)

Last edited by NPV : 1st November 2019 at 21:13.
Old 8th November 2019, 14:47   #2134
BHPian

Visited Coimbatore recently for some personal work.
Stayed at Celebrity Resort, Siruvani Road, Alanthurai. It is quite far from the city but worked out for me since my work was in Kovaipudur.

Very calm and serene environment. Far away from the hustle of the city.
Siruvani Road is superb quality surface. Traffic too is thin.
Isha Yoga Center is about 9km (15 minutes) drive from the resort.

We were 5 adults and 1 child in Family/Deluxe room. 1 big double bed, 2 single beds. Tariff was Rs.2900+tax per day inclusive of complimentary breakfast. My daughter had a great time at the pool (was clean and well maintained). Food was also decent.

Overall nice place for a calm vacation away from the crowded city. Particularly if Isha Foundation/Adi Yogi statue is one of your places-to-visit.
srvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 13:20   #2135
Senior - BHPian

Hello,Bhpians based in Navi mumbai.!

We, a group of 8 families (total 16 people) planning for a holiday trip to Mumbai. Since rooms in Mumbai are expensive, We plan to stay in Navi Mumbai (some where between CBD Belapur to Vashi) and travel to Mumbai for site seeing and then come back to Navi Mumbai in the evening

We will be arriving in a mini bus, hence we need parking facility also. Though, I worked in Mumbai for more than 25 years and stayed in Nerul/ Vashi area, but not visited anywhere there in the last 10 years. I am aware that situation in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai is totally changed and even I, am doubtful if I can recognize places where I have seen or travelled 10 years back.

Can you guys suggest some good hotel in between CBD Belapur to Vashi? May be Vashi Palm beach area would be ideal. Our budget is around Rs.2000/per room with double occupancy. We plan to leave on 12th January 2020 and importantly all male members in our group are Senior Citizens

Await your suggestions.
Old 10th December 2019, 10:16   #2136
BHPian

I am planning Tiruvannamalai third weekend with family. Any suggestions on a good place to stay for two nights?
Old 10th December 2019, 11:15   #2137
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
We, a group of 8 families (total 16 people) planning for a holiday trip to Mumbai. Since rooms in Mumbai are expensive, We plan to stay in Navi Mumbai (some where between CBD Belapur to Vashi) and travel to Mumbai for site seeing and then come back to Navi Mumbai in the evening

We will be arriving in a mini bus, hence we need parking facility also.
From my experience 4 years ago:
1. OYO at CBD Belapur (Hotel Krishna Avatar) was decent and tariffs were low. Nicely located on the main road itself.

There was an open ground right in front of the hotel that had a lot of vehicles parked, maybe you can check with the hotel if that space can be used to park the bus.

2. Hotel Sarovar Portico in Mahape, again very well located on the main road and quite close to the local train station as well. Tariffs will definitely be higher, but parking may not be an issue in the surrounding roads.

I think if you're traveling most of the day on your sight seeing trips, it may not be worth it spending a lot of money at an expensive hotel where you'll spend just the nights mostly, so I think the OYO will be a good bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubramoniamAB View Post
I am planning Tiruvannamalai third weekend with family. Any suggestions on a good place to stay for two nights?
Some options I know:
1. Aakash Inn, just opposite to Ramanashramam and it's right on the highway (Chengam road).

2. Arpanaa Hotel near Arunachaleswarar temple

3. Hotel Ramakrishna - this is on the other side of the town and has been around for many years, they have an excellent restaurant also on the ground floor. This will be easier to approach from the Gingee side.

I've also seen Hotel Aakash & Hotel Himalayaa near Ramakrishna, seemed to be good.

Last edited by NPV : 10th December 2019 at 11:19.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 11:21   #2138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubramoniamAB View Post
You can also try this three star resort - http://www.arunaianantha.com/
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 11:34   #2139
Senior - BHPian

Any inputs for a hotel/resort/stay in Kasauli? Its five of us and I'm looking for a decent place for a family. Budget is roughly 25K per night.
Old 10th December 2019, 11:59   #2140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Any inputs for a hotel/resort/stay in Kasauli? Its five of us and I'm looking for a decent place for a family. Budget is roughly 25K per night.
Try Mahal Farms, Kasauli. Rana Mahal: 9416021467, 9882337858.

Ask him for the middle floor, the one with two bedrooms. Its a beautiful property, and I took that floor. 2 years ago it was 16k per night, i think. The floor is essentially an apartment, with a huge sitting area and kitchen and 2 bedrooms. Its a homestay/hotel mix. Some facilities like tea and food are available on order. The kitchen is fair as well.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 12:34   #2141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
From my experience 4 years ago:
1. OYO at CBD Belapur (Hotel Krishna Avatar) was decent and tariffs were low. Nicely located on the main road itself.

There was an open ground right in front of the hotel that had a lot of vehicles parked, maybe you can check with the hotel if that space can be used to park the bus.

2. Hotel Sarovar Portico in Mahape, again very well located on the main road and quite close to the local train station as well. Tariffs will definitely be higher, but parking may not be an issue in the surrounding roads.

I think if you're traveling most of the day on your sight seeing trips, it may not be worth it spending a lot of money at an expensive hotel where you'll spend just the nights mostly, so I think the OYO will be a good bet.
Thanks to your suggestions.

Hotel Krishna Avatar - Their website saying 'No Parking'. Will have to check if the open ground still available or some building came up there?

Hotel Sarovar Portico - Expensive. Yes, you are right - we will be using the room only for the night stay so no logic in spending big money for hotels.

Trying to find something in the palm beach road (Vashi)..
Old 10th December 2019, 12:57   #2142
BHPian

Any one from Shimoga & Hassan?

Planning to pass by during our drive to Kerala. The idea is to stay in Shimoga for one night after a long drive from Pune, then proceed to Hassan next day (stay overnight in Hassan on day 2), after visiting a number of Hoysala-era temples in the area. From Hassan, we will then continue our journey to Kerala.

Any specific hotel recommendations for Shimoga and Hassan? Value for money + decent location ( with parking )

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Bigzero : 10th December 2019 at 12:58.
Old 10th December 2019, 12:59   #2143
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Trying to find something in the palm beach road (Vashi)..
Do look at hotels in and around Kamothe as well, very well connected to the Pune highway as well as towards Vashi/Thane.
Old 10th December 2019, 16:06   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Any specific hotel recommendations for Shimoga and Hassan? Value for money + decent location ( with parking )

Thanks in advance!
For Shimoga you can checkout Royal Orchid Central or Ashok Deluxe Lodge. They both are located on the prime location on the BH road and have ample amount of parking. AFAIK Ashok Lodge does not provide any complimentary breakfast but you can visit the hotel in the ground floor and they do serve breakfast at reasonable price.

For Hassan you can take a look at Hotel Raama which is on the same road to Belur or you can stay in Hotel Mayura Velapuri in Belur which is also reasonable.
meetbadri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 16:56   #2145
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
At Shimoga, in addition to the hotels mentioned by @meetbadri, you can also consider Ashoka Grand which is on the NH 69. Also, on BH road you can consider Sri Durga Lodge (budget accommodation), they have a good vegetarian restaurant on the ground floor and limited parking enclosed within their campus.

*If you have time, do try to visit the Lion & Tiger Safari, just 10Km or so from Shimoga on the NH 69

Do not miss breakfast at Meenakshi Bhavan - very good Masala Dosa, Idly, Vada

Last edited by NPV : 10th December 2019 at 16:58.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks