Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2018, 10:46   #2041
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAficionado View Post
Due to my company's project requirement, I have to relocate to Navi Mumbai (Airoli) atleast till this year end and hence I am on lookout for an accomodation within 5-10 km radius . I would prefer to have an 1 BHK accomodation though I am open to PG accomodation as well since I am shifting alone leaving my family behind. Also, how good/bad is the connectivity from Navi Mumbai to the mainland ?
Avoid Palava City. Though the locality is top class, it is however located a good 15 odd Kms from Airoli. Public transport is sparce and private vehicles are the only means for commuting.

Since you are not habituated to “Mumbai Locals” I suggest you to choose a place so that the need to use these Locals is completely avoided. Besides, there are no direct suburban trains between Airoli and Palava. One has to either take Dombivali as nodal point (which include one train change at Thane) or take Nilje as a nodal point (with two changes one at Thane and another at Diva). Approach to Palava from these nodal points is to be made by Rickshaws.

I suggest explore Airoli itself for accommodation and finding a 1 BHK flat within budget should be possible.

Last edited by ampere : 18th June 2018 at 21:23. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 9th April 2018, 09:44   #2042
BHPian

Finished a family road trip in the last week of March being a long weekend and the destination was a small place Beejadi, near Udupi.

We stayed at the Adigas Home Stay and we all liked the place a lot, due to its simplicity and a moderately big open area, a very good thing for all of family/friends to sit together, talk, play games and spend time.

Food is simple and good like homely food and different breakfast served Kotte Kadubu, Neer dose were awesome.

Main attraction of this place is the Beejadi beach which is like 500 mtrs from the home stay, with barely people visiting this beach, so one can spend quality time with family at the beach.

Cost is Rs. 3,000 per head for two nights which includes 2 breakfast, 1 lunch and 2 dinner.

Also note, they only provide a vegetarian food and liquor is not allowed.

Here is the GMaps link to the place and contact number is available there itself.

I have also made a small video of the place and the nearby Beejadi beach.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 20:26   #2043
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Updates on couple of hotels:
Had folks from family visiting Guruvayur and this time they decided to try Guruvayur Gateway and were mighty happy. The place opened up under a year ago, has ample parking and very nice inside. It is a short auto ride to the temple and away from the hustle and bustle of the East Nada and temple crowds.

They also had a stopover at Palakkad and stayed at Hotel Indraprastha. The top floor is still old and not renovated like the lower floors. Please avoid rooms on this floor as they are infested with bed bugs! Rooms on other floors are called executive/premium rooms and tariffs are higher. If you hear or see lower tariffs (Eco/economy rooms) or Old Wing/block please avoid them.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 10:51   #2044
Senior - BHPian

Any 24-hour checkin hotels in Kanyakumari? Am reaching Saturday 7 am and leaving Sunday 4 pm. What will work?
Old 9th May 2018, 10:55   #2045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Any 24-hour checkin hotels in Kanyakumari? Am reaching Saturday 7 am and leaving Sunday 4 pm. What will work?
Most hotels that you find there will offer you 24 hour checkin - if you call and book with them directly. If you use some portal like Goibibo or Oyo, they will enforce a 12 - 12 checkin.

This one is decent. About 1 km from the beach.

https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Rev...amil_Nadu.html

This too ..

https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Rev...amil_Nadu.html
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 18:23   #2046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
This too ..
Thanks. I got in touch with Temple Citi (which was decent from reviews I've read)
---
Some accomodation reviews from places I have stayed recently:

1. Ginger Mangalore - Very good rooms and good parking (a rare commodity in Mangalore hotels), a stone throw off NH17. Finding an Uber/Ola from here can be a problem. Even autos are hard to come by.

2. Palguni Residency, Hassan - Very good and VFM. Good veg restaurant. Has an underground parking. Have stayed thrice here already. Has been my default day zero stopover when visiting this region. Should take 5-10 min at the most to catch Bangalore-Mangalore highway from here. At 1800 INR a night, staying here worked out cheaper and better than a Bangalore/Hosur overnight stay and avoids dealing some traffic too.

3. Jotiba, Kolhapur - A little away from highway (2-3 km). Enormous parking lot. Rooms are good

4. Sai Prasad Executive, Solapur - Mismanagement in terms of room allocation, horrendous food, disastrous parking space. Avoid like plague!

5. Radhika Inn, Triambak - Decent stay, Parking is a challenge. Food is excellent. Temple is 2 mins walk.

6. Ravine Hotel, Panchgani - Excellent! Breakfast was good. About food, there is a place named Rasoi Gujarati Thali about 200 meters from here, it was the best meal of the entire winter trip.
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 19:37   #2047
BHPian

MM Hills accommodation:
There are hundreds of guest rooms maintained and run by the temple.

You can personally go there and book the room paying the amount at an office opposite to the bus stand. They strictly follow 12noon checkout policy. Non A/C dbl Rs 500 and A/C dbl Rs 750 (Feb 2018).

Email : eommtemple@gmail.com
Romins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 12:17   #2048
BHPian

Had been to Melukote last week. Accommodation is limited; a few places we came across:

1) Ahobila Yatri Nivas- TeL: 087227 16468/ 070260 92345. dbl Rs 650.

2) Yadhugiri Yatri Nivas- 7676767638. Available for 4hrs.

3) Bangur Yatri Nivas- rs400 with common toilet, dbl a/c rs 1000. Walk-in.
Romins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 14:01   #2049
PVS
BHPian

Went to Mysuru in the last week of April and stayed in Hotel Jade Garden for 2 nights. Total cost came to Rs 6404 for a "Comfort" room. Reposting my Trip Advisor review of the hotel here, for the benefit of the members:

I stayed here for two nights with my family. This place is located in a seemingly quite, residential area of Mysuru, with the important places of tourist interest like Mysuru Place and the zoo, within a radius of around 3.5 Kms.

The rooms are good as with any other property within this price range.
Kettle with tea, coffee, creamer and sugar sachets were available. The view outside the window was nothing great, however that was not a factor for us. We ordered two extra mattresses, as we were a family of four. Neat and clean bathroom.

The morning buffet breakfast was elaborate - we had Bread Butter Jam, cut fruit, Fruit Juice, Idli, Wada, Dosa, BisibeleBath/Pongal, Omelette, Tea and coffee on the menu. The south Indian items were tasty. Jade Garden has its own restaurant and bar, where you could order food, however we chose to have our dinner at a couple of nearby eateries.

We had no problems with the commute. Ola Cabs were conveniently available, and for a visit to the Brindavan gardens, we took a self drive car.

Overall a nice hotel at this price point. I would recommend this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by PVS : 18th June 2018 at 14:04. Reason: added hyperlink
PVS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 14:23   #2050

We are planning to visit Agra - Delhi - Amritsar in October with family (4 adults and 4 kids) during Dushera holidays.

The following is high level itinerary:

Oct 13 - Travel to Agra from Chennai by train
Oct 14 - Reach Agra in the morning, visit Taj
Oct 15 - Reach Delhi and travel to Amritsar by train
Oct 16 - Amritsar golden temple, Wagah border, return to Delhi by night train
Oct 17, 18 - Visit important places in New Delhi
Oct 19 - Return to Chennai by flight

Experts in the forum, please advise if the plan is ok or will it be too hectic?

Please recommend good stay options in New Delhi and Amritsar.

We plan to avail daily tour packages by Delhi govt.
Old 2nd July 2018, 17:10   #2051
BHPian

Few recommendations in Kerala.
  1. Cochin - Cochin Palace - Nice, decent, clean, well behaved staff. Small Property but well maintained.. This is with in the city. Do not have high expectation on the buffet break fast.
  2. Alleppy - Hotel AJ Park - Avoid!
  3. Munnar - Grand Plaza - Close to the Town but not far away. This is also a nice, decent, clean, well behaved staff. Small Property but well maintained. Do not have high expectation on the buffet break fast.

Last edited by blorebuddy : 2nd July 2018 at 17:12.
Old 2nd July 2018, 18:21   #2052
BHPian

Hi Ranjish,

This itinerary is looking a little too packed IMHO, with the 4 adults and 4 kids (dunno the age) but I guess this is a plan made after many considerations.

I understand you are reaching Amritsar om Oct 15th - book a hotel walking distance from the Golden Temple.
Same process when in Delhi, stay as close as possible to India Gate. Can enjoy a walk in and around its gardens post sunset.
Ensure you have cabs booked to ferry you to stations and airport.

Stay
Amritsar,
I had stayed in Hotel LeGolden IIRC it was opposite the langar gate.
And M.K.Hotel on Ranjit Avenue. This was 2011
Many new and better hotels have come up since then, but nothing beats staying near the Golden Temple.

Delhi,
This is purely on your budget - I would recommend AirBnb and try this Link

All the best and have a great trip
In Delhi Don't miss out on having the Cream Bell Mango ice cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjish View Post
We are planning to visit Agra - Delhi - Amritsar in October with family (4 adults and 4 kids) during Dushera holidays.

The following is high level itinerary:

Oct 17, 18 - Visit important places in New Delhi
Oct 19 - Return to Chennai by flight

Experts in the forum, please advise if the plan is ok or will it be too hectic?

Please recommend good stay options in New Delhi and Amritsar.

We plan to avail daily tour packages by Delhi govt.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:24   #2053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will work
Quote:
Will work,but will be hectic,if you plan to see the Agra fort also as you are going to be there during holidays and it is a weekend.
Quote:
Unless there is a reason for you to go to Delhi,change trains and then go to Agra,you can take a direct train from Agra Cantt to Amritsar thereby reducing the stress of changing trains,looking for a place to stay in Delhi etc.
Quote:
If you are planning on seeing the Beating Retreat ceremony at Attari it starts only around 430pm or 530pm depending on winter/summer timings.From Attari back to Amritsar station is around 60-90mins(traffic dependent).Jallianwala Bagh is open till 530pm only.So visit the Gurudwara in the morning,then Jallianwala Bagh,and then after lunch leave for Attari(Wagah).My hunch is after the ceremony you would not be able to get back to Amritsar before 7-8pm,so book your return train accordingly.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:21   #2054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had a similar plan. Here's what I'd suggest based on that:

1. Take the MAS-NZM Rajdhani which leaves Friday morning, alternatively you can take TN Express that starts at 2200 hrs.

2. You can target to take Sachkhand the 845 next morning, if you leave MAS Friday as suggested above you'll also get Nagpur-Amritsar AC SF that starts at 930. Both reach ASR the same night.

3. The Harmandir Sahib-Jalianwala Bagh-Atari trip will make you tired and am doubtful you can make it for a night train. I'd suggest taking the ASR-NDLS Shatabdi next morning
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 14:37   #2055

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I had a similar plan. Here's what I'd suggest based on that:

1. Take the MAS-NZM Rajdhani which leaves Friday morning, alternatively you can take TN Express that starts at 2200 hrs.

2. You can target to take Sachkhand the 845 next morning, if you leave MAS Friday as suggested above you'll also get Nagpur-Amritsar AC SF that starts at 930. Both reach ASR the same night.

3. The Harmandir Sahib-Jalianwala Bagh-Atari trip will make you tired and am doubtful you can make it for a night train. I'd suggest taking the ASR-NDLS Shatabdi next morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Hi Ranjish,

This itinerary is looking a little too packed IMHO, with the 4 adults and 4 kids (dunno the age) but I guess this is a plan made after many considerations.

I understand you are reaching Amritsar om Oct 15th - book a hotel walking distance from the Golden Temple.
Same process when in Delhi, stay as close as possible to India Gate. Can enjoy a walk in and around its gardens post sunset.
Ensure you have cabs booked to ferry you to stations and airport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Will work
Will work,but will be hectic,if you plan to see the Agra fort also as you are going to be there during holidays and it is a weekend.
Unless there is a reason for you to go to Delhi,change trains and then go to
Thanks neofromcapone, Ranjitp1 and narayans80 for your valuable inputs.

I will try to get a direct train from Agra to Amritsar to avoid stop and changeover at Delhi. Only thing is that the train Sachkhand runs during day time and hence we will lose that day completely. Also, I have a small baby (1.5 yr old) and hence want to avoid day time travel as much as possible.

Return from Amritsar to Delhi is being planned in Golden temple mail which leaves at 21:25. Hence hopefully we can cover the major attractions at Amritsar including the parade in Wagah border. I will look at next day Shatabdi option as suggested by Narayan sir.

Most Viewed