Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2023, 11:48   #2191
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hi guys,

Any suggestions on a good hotel for stay at Solapur. This is for my parents for 3 nights. Good food and clean rooms is priority. Budget is not an issue.
Please check "The Cult Stay". Very good property with very spacious rooms. We had stayed there during our passport visit. And I guess its quite near to railway station.

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 22nd February 2023 at 11:50.
Old 22nd February 2023, 12:02   #2192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Any suggestions on a good hotel for stay at Solapur. Budget is not an issue.
There's a Sarovar property.

https://www.sarovarhotels.com/balaji...miere-solapur/
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 17:20   #2193

Hi All,

I will be travelling with my parents to Mangalore from Mysore on NH275. This will be my first hill driving and so I want to take it slow and plan to stay at the halfway point somewhere around Madikeri. Does anyone know of a good hotel/homestay for 1N/3A on NH275. I searched a lot on Google maps but most of them have very bad reviews and could not find a star hotel. Also, we are afraid of Snakes, Bugs, Spiders, leeches and hence mostly want to avoid any remote forest kind of accommodation unless it is safe. I found Taj hotel but my concern is whether the approach road is too narrow and not sure if I can handle it. Hence, I need a suggestion for any good accommodation on NH275 in/around Madikeri.
Old 10th March 2023, 09:40   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPenguin View Post
Hi All,

I will be travelling with my parents to Mangalore from Mysore on NH275. This will be my first hill driving and so I want to take it slow and plan to stay at the halfway point somewhere around Madikeri. Does anyone know of a good hotel/homestay for 1N/3A on NH275. I searched a lot on Google maps but most of them have very bad reviews and could not find a star hotel. Also, we are afraid of Snakes, Bugs, Spiders, leeches and hence mostly want to avoid any remote forest kind of accommodation unless it is safe. I found Taj hotel but my concern is whether the approach road is too narrow and not sure if I can handle it. Hence, I need a suggestion for any good accommodation on NH275 in/around Madikeri.
It takes 2 - 2.5 hours to drive from Mysore to Madikeri and another 4 hours to Mangalore from there.
You get hill from Madikeri - Sampaje, this route has lesser traffic and wide enough roads.
Just letting you know if you were not aware.
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 11:26   #2195

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post
It takes 2 - 2.5 hours to drive from Mysore to Madikeri and another 4 hours to Mangalore from there.
You get hill from Madikeri - Sampaje, this route has lesser traffic and wide enough roads.
Just letting you know if you were not aware.
Thank you this really helps. I initially thought of going all the way without taking a halt but the four hours drive from Madikeri to Mangalore is a wake up call to take a halt. Also, I have found a good enough cottage(good reviews on Google) exactly at Madikeri town(Udaya Cottage Stuart Hill). By staying here, I can cover the remaining distance in 4 hours at ease. Do you know if this particular route has lot of curves? Just want to set expectations for my mother who suffers from motion sickness
Old 10th March 2023, 14:07   #2196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPenguin View Post
Thank you this really helps. I initially thought of going all the way without taking a halt but the four hours drive from Madikeri to Mangalore is a wake up call to take a halt. Also, I have found a good enough cottage(good reviews on Google) exactly at Madikeri town(Udaya Cottage Stuart Hill). By staying here, I can cover the remaining distance in 4 hours at ease. Do you know if this particular route has lot of curves? Just want to set expectations for my mother who suffers from motion sickness
Curvy road starts from Kushalnagar and goes all the way till you reach Mani.
But the proper ghat section is from Madikeri - Sampaje. Rest are twisty roads surrounded by greenery.
By the way you need not worry about leeches now as they are found only during monsoon and early part of winter.
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 15:09   #2197
BHPian

Good Day Folks

Need some help on inexpensive accommodation in Trivandrum for a stay of around 8 days. Good clean rooms and bathrooms are the only requirement apart form being accessible.

Dates: 24 April till 2 May
Rooms: 01 Double
Total Travellers: 02

Advance thanks for your assistance.
Old 13th April 2023, 23:20   #2198
BHPian

Looking for some good accommodation in Mysore for 2 days approximate budget 3 to 4K for 3 adults and a child. Any pointers welcome, dates 17th to 19th Apr.
Old 14th April 2023, 19:49   #2199
BHPian

Hello All, Any recommendations for a Homestay in Kodaikanal, Tamilnadu for a family 2 Adults 2 kids(11 Yrs and 5 yrs)

Key Requirements
Kids play area
Not very remote
Drivable in our cars
Homefood options
Budget - Max 5K per night
Old 14th April 2023, 22:38   #2200
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Looking for some good accommodation in Mysore for 2 days approximate budget 3 to 4K for 3 adults and a child. Any pointers welcome, dates 17th to 19th Apr.
My information on hotels in Mysore may be dated, but here are some that were good few years ago:
1. Southern star
2. Siddhartha
3. Ramanashree
4. Pai Vista
5. (Dasprakash) Paradise, Yadavagiri
6. Sandesh The Prince (may get noisy since they have a pub/bar in the campus if I remember correctly)

Last edited by NPV : 14th April 2023 at 22:40.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 16:33   #2201
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Need to attend a wedding in Chennai, venue is Kanthimathi Kalyana Mandapam, Narasimma Road, T Nagar.

Booked overnight train tickets for Chennai Mail, need a decent, simple accommodation nearby to freshen up, will likely return to Bangalore by a relative's car in the afternoon or take the Shatabdi.
Old 26th April 2023, 22:18   #2202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Booked overnight train tickets for Chennai Mail, need a decent, simple accommodation nearby to freshen up, will likely return to Bangalore by a relative's car in the afternoon or take the Shatabdi.
I could think of AC lounge at Central itself. Any accomodation, it wouldn't be worth your money for the usage you are looking at.

You can check with service apartments like Blossom or Lotus and see if they provide day use room.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 05:39   #2203
BHPian

Any decent stay options at Nagpur on the Delhi - Bangalore highway, without deviating into the City. Not looking at pricier ones, if it is good enough to park the car and have a good sleep, it should be fine.

KK
Old 29th May 2023, 10:16   #2204
BHPian

any good (clean) homestays for bandipur
Old 29th May 2023, 10:25   #2205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Any decent stay options at Nagpur on the Delhi - Bangalore highway
Hotel Mayur at Butibori. This way you don't need to enter Nagpur