Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2011, 14:55   #691
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I stayed in Hotel Malligi (3-star property) from Sep 2nd-Sep 5th and my experience was just awesome. Beautiful ambience, impeccable service ( except for one small incident) and great food in their in-house restuarant ( Tempations) who's maitre'd Arun was outstanding. Never saw anyone so attentive and caring.

I booked their standard suite at Rs.1700 A.I. But, luckily given a free upgrade to their luxury suite which comes at Rs.2700 A.I

Some pics of Hotel Malligi's rooms and fountain inside the hotel
Thanks for the pics and the review of hotel Malligi. I am going to try to book the same.
Old 16th September 2011, 10:20   #692
Senior - BHPian

Any one staying in/around 'Kanichukulangara' Temple (near Cherthala)?

Any good hotel accommodation available, as I need to stay (one night with family) there to attend a wedding function.!
Old 16th September 2011, 18:46   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Any one staying in/around 'Kanichukulangara' Temple (near Cherthala)?

Any good hotel accommodation available, as I need to stay (one night with family) there to attend a wedding function.!
Best option would be to stay near Vyttila junction. Or if you have a reason, you may try Alappuzha. Of course, local experts can tell you if there are decent resorts around your destination. I doubt of any good hotels being available around the place you mentioned :-(
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 17:04   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
Best option would be to stay near Vyttila junction. Or if you have a reason, you may try Alappuzha. Of course, local experts can tell you if there are decent resorts around your destination. I doubt of any good hotels being available around the place you mentioned :-(
Thanks yours. Vytilla junction is far away. I should get accommodation somewhere in Cherthala or Harippad or atleast in Chenganur area so that the travelling to Kanichukulangara is not that difficult (I think all these places will comes under/around 10kms from Kanichukulangara?). Let see if any members in that area will respond here with better ideas.!
Old 17th September 2011, 23:36   #695
Senior - BHPian

Guys suggest me a decent budget family stay in Karwar -Karnataka, thanks in advance.
Old 18th September 2011, 10:25   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123
Guys suggest me a decent budget family stay in Karwar -Karnataka, thanks in advance.
I have stayed in a place called Lotus resorts in Karwar. Quite nice, Clean and view is also good. It is right on the highway to goa. Recommened by several T-Bhpians

They quote prices which are on the higher side. However, on negotiation they come down almost 50%....again depends on the day of the week etc.
rohing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 13:14   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Totally second Rohing's input.lotus resort just after kali river bridge on nh 17 towards goa is the best place to stay in karwar.it is a kamat property and double occupancy is around 1400 a night with bf.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 09:06   #698
NGM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Thanks yours. Vytilla junction is far away. I should get accommodation somewhere in Cherthala or Harippad or atleast in Chenganur area so that the travelling to Kanichukulangara is not that difficult (I think all these places will comes under/around 10kms from Kanichukulangara?). Let see if any members in that area will respond here with better ideas.!
Haripad/Chengannur is not within 10 Km from kanichukulangara and it is far off.Check google maps and you could see the distance.There is hotel travancore palace at cherthala ,but am not sure whether they provide accommodation.I tried food from their restaurant and it was good.Best option to stay near to kanichukulangara will be to opt for a hotel at allepey(hotel prince)
NGM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 13:18   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Haripad/Chengannur is not within 10 Km from kanichukulangara and it is far off.Check google maps and you could see the distance.There is hotel travancore palace at cherthala ,but am not sure whether they provide accommodation.I tried food from their restaurant and it was good.Best option to stay near to kanichukulangara will be to opt for a hotel at allepey(hotel prince)
Understood that when coming from Alappuzha, one need not to go via cherthala to reach Kanichukulangara?. I think there may be some other route as according to Wikepedia the distance from Alleppey to Kanichukulangara is around 13kms.

Seeing difficulties to find a good accommodation near kanichukulangara, I think it is better to go down to Chengannur (grooms place) and accompany with them to kanichukulangara for the wedding. There are decent hotels available in Chenganur and I can ask my friend to locate a good Hotel. Still time to finalise the programme.!
Old 19th September 2011, 14:20   #700
NGM
BHPian

@nairrk,if you prefer a stay near to kanichukulangara then it is better to try accommodation at travancore palace which is on NH47 itself which could be 5 to 6 kms from your destination.To reach kanichukulangara you need to take a 5 km deviation from NH47 between Cherthala and Allepey.There could be some shorter route through coastal roads,but it wont be in good condition and you wont gain much.
NGM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 17:00   #701
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Can anybody suggest me a good 3 star Hotel/resort in Goa for 7 nights stay, accommodation is for 4 adults and preferably a 2 bedroom. Budget is 3k-4k per night. My friends are coming down from South africa during the month of Feb and they are really looking forward for a nice experence. Thanks for any kind of help.
Old 19th September 2011, 17:51   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
Hi Folks,

Can anybody suggest me a good 3 star Hotel/resort in Goa for 7 nights stay, accommodation is for 4 adults and preferably a 2 bedroom. Budget is 3k-4k per night. My friends are coming down from South africa during the month of Feb and they are really looking forward for a nice experence. Thanks for any kind of help.
Marbela Beach Resort is a good place and should be in your budget.They have a place in North Goa as well,so would be a good idea to spend a couple of days at Morjim and a couple of days in the north (www.marbelabeach.com)
Old 20th September 2011, 10:18   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Marbela Beach Resort is a good place and should be in your budget.They have a place in North Goa as well,so would be a good idea to spend a couple of days at Morjim and a couple of days in the north (www.marbelabeach.com)
This looks expensive bro, 12k per night for a double occupancy!
Old 20th September 2011, 23:04   #704
BHPian

Looking for reviews on the following

1. Malshej Ghat - MTDC
2. Panhala - Valley View
3. Bhimashankar - Blue Mormon

Need to know if anybody has stayed on these properties. Please let me know so that I can choose between these for one of the weekends.

Thank in advance. Hope I have posted in the right forum.
Old 21st September 2011, 14:37   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksrinivasv View Post
Looking for reviews on the following

1. Malshej Ghat - MTDC
2. Panhala - Valley View
3. Bhimashankar - Blue Mormon

Need to know if anybody has stayed on these properties. Please let me know so that I can choose between these for one of the weekends.

Thank in advance. Hope I have posted in the right forum.

Hope you had read my reply on the valley view Panhala. If not PM me and i will write to you again.

MTDC Malshej ghat is at the best location. But again Malshej ghat being a place where it rains buckets, the upkeep of this resort is not too good. Food is decent. Carry your own bedsheets / towels etc if you really need to go. You can also stay at Sushant resort which is bit cleaner and just ahead of the MTDC resort. Sushant Holiday Resort Malshej Ghat | Hotels in Malshej Ghat | Resorts in Malshej Ghat | On line booking for Hotels & Resorts in Malshej Ghat
heman_369 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks