Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 14:35   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

I am looking for decent accomodation for 1 night in Thane. We (me, wifey and kid) will be driving from Pune to Thane to visit some friends and will return to Pune the next day. Basically we need a room for Saturday night, not fancy is ok but it has to be clean (beds & toilet) with no creepy crawlies.
Any recommendations?
Old 16th August 2011, 15:19   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I am looking for decent accomodation for 1 night in Thane. We (me, wifey and kid) will be driving from Pune to Thane to visit some friends and will return to Pune the next day. Basically we need a room for Saturday night, not fancy is ok but it has to be clean (beds & toilet) with no creepy crawlies.
Any recommendations?
Thane has all kinds of places,would help if you were a little more specific on the budget and location.If its on NH8,then you have Hotel Fountain at the Ghodbunder junction.
Old 16th August 2011, 18:35   #663
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am planning to visit the below places during last week of August.Please suggest suitable accomodation options for 4 persons at the following places.

Day 1 - Bangalore - Palani - Madurai ( Pls suggest hotels near to the temple)
Day 2 - Madurai - Kanyakumari
Day 3 - Kanyakumari - Thriruvanantapuram( Pls suggest hotels near to the temple)
Day 4 - Thriruvanantapuram - Bangalore

Many Thanks in advance.
Old 17th August 2011, 11:27   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thane has all kinds of places,would help if you were a little more specific on the budget and location.If its on NH8,then you have Hotel Fountain at the Ghodbunder junction.
According to the address, my friend lives somewhere in Pokhran phase 2. Is that a known area for you?
I might consider doing a day return trip too.
Old 17th August 2011, 13:55   #665
BHPian

Dear Friends,

One of my uncle's daughter will be in Madhapur, Hyderabad next month for a training of 3 months in Wipro Office at Madhapur.

Hyderabadians - Can you please suggest me some of the best Women PG's at Madhapur which are safe and reliable.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:22   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
According to the address, my friend lives somewhere in Pokhran phase 2. Is that a known area for you?
I might consider doing a day return trip too.
Pokharan is a large area,in thane w,you could do a same day return trip from pune.

if you do intend on staying then you could consider these two hotels:

United 21 or Satkar Residency

www.satkarresidency.in

www.united21.in
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 14:24   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
Dear Friends,

One of my uncle's daughter will be in Madhapur, Hyderabad next month for a training of 3 months in Wipro Office at Madhapur.

Hyderabadians - Can you please suggest me some of the best Women PG's at Madhapur which are safe and reliable.
madhapur is a haven for PGs,there are so many there.the best would be for her to reach HYD and personally check out the place before deciding on something.
Old 17th August 2011, 18:56   #668
BHPian

Hi Guyz,

I am on the look out for a homestay or a suite room which can accomodate 4-5 people, all adults (no female) in Goa. I really dont know about the costs in goa, so not able to give any constrains as such..

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 23rd August 2011, 21:37   #669
Senior - BHPian

I would like to have staying options at the below places...This is for 2 bachelors and decent room will DO..budget Rs.1k-1.5k (average per day)

Nirmal/Adilabad & Nagpur
Khajuraho & Satna
Varanasi
Baleshwar/Kolkotta
Vizag
Old 29th August 2011, 20:29   #670
BHPian

Chikmagalur - Thotadahalli homestay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Went on an extended weekend trip to CKM and stayed in this homestay.
This was my first vacation trip with my little angel (1 yr old) and Taj Gateway was booked, but that turned out to be blessing in disguise.
Hosts Prakash and Pallavi were very caring and made the experience joyous.
They even prepared special meals for my daughter each day and provided full night supply of warm milk all through our stay!

BTW Fauji, I stayed in the same room (with loft) and loved it

Its inside a plantation, so if you want liquor you have to carry it along (but they serve it & provide side dishes)
Old 30th August 2011, 13:30   #671
BHPian

Hotel Silmog Garden, Manali
----------------------------
I had stayed at Silmog Gardens for 4 Nights in April '11, during my vacation with family. It is a homestay, situated very near to the town. The owner Amit, and his family were extremely hospitable people, and their food was simply great. They have separate veg and non-veg dining rooms, but we opted for only veg. The rooms were very neat with an affordable rate, in addition to the great view of the outside snow-capped mountains. Overall, it was a great experience.
Old 30th August 2011, 21:03   #672
BHPian

Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari
---------------------------------
Stayed in VK for 2 nights. Charges are nominal. Please call & reserve the rooms, once done send money order to confirm the booking. Advance bookings are done for one night only, and stay can be extended at the reception, depending on availability. Temple and beach is about a km away.

Vivekananda Kendra | Spiritually Oriented Service Mission Ph: 04652 246250

Hotel Rajadhani, Trivandrum
---------------------------
I stayed at Hotel Rajadhani which is near Padmanabha Temple in Trivandrum @Rs 675 for AC room. Rooms were okay for a overnight stay.
Hotel is very close to the temple, which is an advantage for temple goers. Cars to be parked on the pavements in front of the hotel.
Old 1st September 2011, 09:42   #673
BHPian

I had a chance to have a ten day trip across Kerala around Independence Day. I was staying in hotels across Kerala during that period. I am posting a review of each of them:

1. Waterscapes, Kumarakom: Located on the banks of Vembanad Lake and operated by KTDC, we booked under the monsoon package scheme (available for all KTDC hotels during the monsoon months). The stay was fantastic in cottages on slits. The cottages were spread across islands in a canal system, with the restaurant overlooking the Lake. A one hour boat ride is also included in the package.
Name:  IMG_4507.jpg
Views: 2993
Size:  297.5 KB
If you want a longer boat ride, it would be advisable to approach the boat people directly (as we were able to get it almost half the rate).
Overall, a very pleasant stay and a lovely place to unwind with a few beers overlooking the canal/lake.

2. Hotel Breezeland, Changancherry (Changanasseri): A no-frills place in Changancherry and my second time there. The food, service are decent; the rooms are clean and decent.
Overall, a nice place to stay.

3. Hotel Kovilakam, Trichur (Thrissur): A lovely place to stay, with nice rooms, nice restaurant and nice staff. They also offer free Wi-Fi. Definitely, a place you will come back to.
A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img_4856.jpg

4. Hotel Chakra International, Palghat (Palakkad): Though, you are welcomed by a grand lobby, the rooms were badly in need of maintenance and showing distinct signs of dis-repair, especially the bathrooms (cracked tubs, no shower curtains etc). The service is also extremely slow and the buffets are not very good and overpriced.
Definitely, a place to avoid, if you can find better options in Palghat.

5. Hotel Metro Park Inn, Coimbatore: Situated in the heart of Coimbatore (close to the railway station), a very nice place to stay, with clean rooms and nice staff.
Old 1st September 2011, 10:20   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I had a chance to have a ten day trip across Kerala around Independence Day. I was staying in hotels across Kerala during that period. I am posting a review of each of them:

1. Waterscapes, Kumarakom: Located on the banks of Vembanad Lake and operated by KTDC, we booked under the monsoon package scheme (available for all KTDC hotels during the monsoon months). The stay was fantastic in cottages on slits. The cottages were spread across islands in a canal system, with the restaurant overlooking the Lake. A one hour boat ride is also included in the package.
Can you please mention the tariff for this hotel?
Old 1st September 2011, 10:41   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Can you please mention the tariff for this hotel?
The package taken by me can be found here:

Natural Backwaters Packages
2 nights- 3 days
(1st March - 30th Sept 2011)

A/C Canal view:Rs.9,111/-
Extra person:Rs.4,555/
Child (6-12):Rs.2,277/-

Upgrade to Lake View
Addi: Rs.3,375/- on package rate.

Upgrade to Superior Lake View:
Addi: Rs.6,750/- on package rate.

Welcome drink on arrival.
Acco: in Canal View.
Room rent with breakfast and dinner and all taxes (MAP).
Seats for One hour boat cruise by motor boat on any one day.

Package with transportation from / to Kottayam Rly stn. - Rs.1,000/-extra.Package with transportation from / to Airport, Cochin- Rs.3,950/-extra.
Ayurvedic general body massage for 2 pax at 1hr/ day - Rs.2,500/- extra.

Details of the package and other KTDC monsoon packges can be found at this link:

SUMMER / MONSOON INDIVIDUAL PROPERTY PACKAGE 2010
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks