Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2011, 19:06   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chikmagalore hotels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks Fauji. Been to CKM many times. I was thinking would it be worth doing a different place. Looks like its not worth it. Thanks Again.
It is close to Mudigere. If you are passing in that direction, make a visit for lunch or a cup of coffee.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:25   #512
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Myself, wife and son (11 yo) are going on a Mysore - Ooty trip during last week of May. I am interested to know about accommodation in both places. I am looking for a decent and economical, not luxurious, stay. Will be thankful for any pointers.
Old 5th April 2011, 13:06   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Myself, wife and son (11 yo) are going on a Mysore - Ooty trip during last week of May. I am interested to know about accommodation in both places. I am looking for a decent and economical, not luxurious, stay. Will be thankful for any pointers.
Gansan,

There are many budget hotels in Mysore like Dasaprakash, Sandesh Prince, Sidharth etc. I wuld recommed you to stay in the charming "Green Hotel" in the erstwhile Chiittaranjan palace of Maharajah and run by a British couple. Google for details.

Similaraly as mentined in this thread, check out properties by Lilltearth. They are really good. Also, you can look at ITC Heritage's Fernhill Palace annexe which is not expensive compared to Fernhill Palace as such which requires a wallet of Maharaja
Old 5th April 2011, 15:51   #514
Senior - BHPian

Stayed in Jungle Retreat Wayanad, excellent place for wildlife/nature lovers. Prices are very reasonable, we took the packages with all food, night safari, campfire etc at 10K for 2 families for 2 nights 3 days Jungle Retreat Wayanad: Wayanad Resort, Wayanad Home stay, Wayanad Farm stay. Perfect place for honeymoon in Wayanad and wildlife in Wayanad
Old 7th April 2011, 11:36   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
Vashishth (4 km from manali):
Hotel: Surabhi
Contact Person: Prem
Rates 600-800 Rs.
They have a nice rooftop restaurant with excellent ambience and food
Hi Vashishth,

Can you please give me Prem's mobile no or any other contact details? I am off to Manali with my family on 11th of April. By the way, i took delivery of i10 Sportz AT, Champagne Gold, on 5th April.

Thanks.
Old 7th April 2011, 18:21   #516
BHPian

It would be our 1st wedding anniversary on May 2nd and thinking about going to Ooty for about 4 days to celebrate. Was looking for a nice resort for the stay. Dint want a hotel kind of place, as I dont plan on visiting the usual tourist places, just want a place to relax and hangout all days.

Was doing a lot of browsing and hit upon this place called Sabol Holidays ( Hotels in Ooty - Resorts in Ooty, Holiday Resort, Cottages in Ooty - India ). This place has interested me. They say they have opened only last year, and the photos look good enough and a travel website is running a good deal on them.

Now, I wanna know if any fellow bhp-ian has visited this place. Pls lemme know.
Old 8th April 2011, 11:07   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
It would be our 1st wedding anniversary on May 2nd and thinking about going to Ooty for about 4 days to celebrate. Was looking for a nice resort for the stay. Dint want a hotel kind of place, as I dont plan on visiting the usual tourist places, just want a place to relax and hangout all days.

Was doing a lot of browsing and hit upon this place called Sabol Holidays ( Hotels in Ooty - Resorts in Ooty, Holiday Resort, Cottages in Ooty - India ). This place has interested me. They say they have opened only last year, and the photos look good enough and a travel website is running a good deal on them.

Now, I wanna know if any fellow bhp-ian has visited this place. Pls lemme know.
There is a travelogue in progress by Lucifer1881,he stayed at Sabol on some vouchers.You could check with him for more details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-lowlight.html

Else my personal reccomendation would be Little Earth's Sherlock.You could check out pictures at this link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-tn-ka-ap.html
Old 10th April 2011, 11:38   #518
BHPian

Driving on NH7 - Accomodation on outskirts of Bangalore

Hi Folks. My wife and I plan to drive from Hyderabad to Mysore this week. We will be byepassing Bangalore to some extent (taking the route via Jalhalli and then get on to the NICE road off Tumkur road, as suggested by friends in this Forum).

We have to stop by in Kurnool for a few hours, so we cannot make it to Mysore on the same day. I am not comfortable with driving after dark and I would definitely like to avoid the evening traffic in Bangalore.

Can anyone suggest a decent hotel (max Rs.1500 per night) somewhere off the NH 7 on the outskirts of Bangalore (Yelahanka ??) so that we can take an early start the following morning and avoid Bangalore traffic?

The current alternative is for us to stop at Anantapur, but that means a much longer drive on the following day - also, we will end up transiting Bangalore during peak hours.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10th April 2011, 12:11   #519
Team-BHP Support

Re: Driving on NH7 - Accomodation on outskirts of Bangalore

Just before Yelahanka Kogilu signal (signal at the by-pass) you will see Shreyas residency on the right. You can check that out.
Old 10th April 2011, 12:24   #520
BHPian

There is Kamat Yatri Nivas on your right just before Chickballapur. You can check that out. It is a part of a BP Fuel Outlet.
Old 10th April 2011, 13:41   #521
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
There is Kamat Yatri Nivas on your right just before Chickballapur. You can check that out. It is a part of a BP Fuel Outlet.
That Kamat has also a stay option? I was not aware of that. Thanks for that update.
Old 10th April 2011, 16:04   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

When you come towards the city, there is a hotel at Yelahanka junction / signal. This will be on your right side. Sorry, dont remember the name of the hotel. And dont know the rates either.
Old 10th April 2011, 19:15   #523
Senior - BHPian

Shreyas residency is a decent option as suggested by Ampere, it is bang on the highway with good parking facilities and a decent vegetarian restaurant. The junction where it is situated is called Kogilu Cross.
Old 10th April 2011, 20:18   #524
BHPian

Guys, Need review on Comfort inn Vyshak in Mysore. My friend is planning to stay here with his family next weekend and wants to know about this place so that he can look at other alternatives if this isn't good.
Old 10th April 2011, 21:07   #525
BHPian

Vartakavi,
Shreyas Residency is a good option, as already suggested by others. For the last couple of years that is my regular pitstop whenever I drive down to B'lore. It is right on the highway, on your right hand side, just in front of a traffic junction. It is a 5 or 6 storey building and you can spot it easily while driving. For even more precise location, it is exactly 11 km after you pass the B'lore airport overpass which crosses the NH-7 (now 44) perpendicularly.
Tariff: last time I stayed there in June, 2010, and got a substantial discount on their published tariff after some bargaining and AC double room came for around 1700.
Restaurant food is also okay.
And they have a few nice covered parking slots also, if you are in luck.

Last edited by 9tMax : 10th April 2011 at 21:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks