Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2011, 13:23   #766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1
What is a decent hotel in Madurai, TN, under 2 K near the temple? My wife and MIL would be reaching there, just one night stay.

Yes, I'm not able to find any decent hotel under 2 K there right now, needs time to research

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--Ramky
=====
0452 4380000 madurai residency is good and would be within your budget.star residncy is also good.0452 4343999.
Old 28th November 2011, 12:29   #767
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Thought this would fit in here.

Trichy Service Apartments - Near Trichy bus stand

Nice, 2 bedroom apartment with all basic facilities inclusive of AC

3K per night.

Google : Trichy Service Apartments
Old 28th November 2011, 15:41   #768
BHPian

Recently visited Shirdi, the staying options provided by Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust are very good. We stayed at the Dwarawati Dharmshala. Its very nice clean and have ample space for parking too. The rates are very reasonable. We payed Rs. 900 for AC room for a night with Rs 15 for car parking.

bookings can be made online at https://online.sai.org.in/roomBookin...arameter=input
Old 29th November 2011, 01:55   #769
BHPian

ramkya1
Hi
Madurai residency is a good recommendation(tried thrice to get a room but it was full)
book in advance tel no 0452-4380000
Regards
Old 1st December 2011, 08:35   #770
Senior - BHPian

Faustus77 and Ranjit: Thanks for the information.

I talked to Madurai Residency, they quoted 1850/- for a Double A/C.

My wife and MIL got a room at Hotel Chintoor, 106, West Perumal Maisty Street, Madurai 51. Ph: 0452 3077777, 097901422222 for Rs.1250/- net. They report it's OK for a one night stay and near the temple.

There's a also a Hotel Vijay nearby, PH: 0452 2336321, 9443312021, around 1000/- which they checked out and found that the room they were shown was not clean.

--Ramky
======
Old 6th December 2011, 19:06   #771
SBR
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Ooty coming weekend on 10th/11th & 12th Dec, 2011 with wifey and kid. Can anyone suggest a place with a budget of INR 1500 per night which is safe and clean?

I will be driving from Bangalore. Pls. suggest.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:18   #772
Senior - BHPian

Vivek Tourist Home at Coonoor - Safe, within your budget and clean
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 09:49   #773
BHPian

Transit Accomodation in Gundlupet

Plan to go to Calicut from Bangalore. Want to split in to two parts,
Leaving Friday evening, Stay some where in between. Say Gundlupet.

Any recommendation for a decent place to stay ? I used to stay at MC Resorts, they have jacked up the price . Need only for a night.

Any other decent hotels/resorts that is not costly, < 2K per room, around Gundlupet?
Old 14th December 2011, 10:15   #774
BHPian

Re: Transit Accomodation in Gundlupet

Quote:
Originally Posted by haripg View Post

Any recommendation for a decent place to stay ? I used to stay at MC Resorts, they have jacked up the price . Need only for a night.

Any other decent hotels/resorts that is not costly, < 2K per room, around Gundlupet?
Honestly, I dont think there are much options in Gundlupet. I hope you are driving via Thoppekkad, gudalur Nilambur, edavanna, Mavoor, Calicut. Excellent roads and save a few kms.

If you went into masinagudi town ( which is ofcourse a detour from your route, loads of resorts in the Bokkapuram area. ) Else, Sulthan Bathery is an option. However, the roads are next to impossible..
Old 14th December 2011, 10:19   #775
Team-BHP Support

Any specific reasons to break journey ?
If you start early, it would 3-4 hours from Bangalore to reach Gundlupet.

As such I am not aware of any place.
Old 14th December 2011, 11:26   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
If you went into masinagudi town ( which is ofcourse a detour from your route, loads of resorts in the Bokkapuram area. ) Else, Sulthan Bathery is an option. However, the roads are next to impossible..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Any specific reasons to break journey ?
If you start early, it would 3-4 hours from Bangalore to reach Gundlupet.

As such I am not aware of any place.

This may be due to the fact he is driving in the evening and the road through forests close by 9 PM. If you plan to go via NH 209 then you can stay in Chamarajanagar which will have better options suiting your budget.

The road to Sulthan Bathery is not bad though there are some potholes which the NH guys were filling it up when we went to Wayanad two weeks back. But you will not be able to cross forests before 9 PM if you leave Bangalore in the evening.
Old 14th December 2011, 11:40   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hardly any options in and around Gundulpet that I know of except Jungle Lodges just before the entry into Bandipur.But I guess that should be in the range of INR 3000.Maybe give them a call and you might get better rates.

Why dont you stay in Mysore instead and leave early next day morning.Early mornings,Mysore-Gundulpet is just a 45minute drive.Better stay options as well in Mysore that would suit your budget.Ginger is an option in Mysore,
Old 14th December 2011, 11:57   #778
BANNED

The money you spend on hotel can be used for petrol, if you simply start early the next morning.

--Ragul
Old 14th December 2011, 11:57   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
This may be due to the fact he is driving in the evening and the road through forests close by 9 PM. If you plan to go via NH 209 then you can stay in Chamarajanagar which will have better options suiting your budget.

The road to Sulthan Bathery is not bad though there are some potholes which the NH guys were filling it up when we went to Wayanad two weeks back. But you will not be able to cross forests before 9 PM if you leave Bangalore in the evening.
Don't recall seeing any decent place in Chamarajnagar either. I think the cut-off time for leaving Bangalore (NICE road intersection either on SH17 or NH209) would be approx. 5PM if you want to be more or less sure of being able to beat the 9PM deadline (Though I did start once at around 5:30 PM and managed to make it in the nick of time)

In case one is starting later, the best option in my opinion would be to stay the night in Bangalore itself and start very early - say 3 or 4 AM. Will save the costs of a night stay, and the Bangalore-Gundlupet drive would be much smoother too being a very low traffic period
Old 14th December 2011, 12:16   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
In case one is starting later, the best option in my opinion would be to stay the night in Bangalore itself and start very early - say 3 or 4 AM. Will save the costs of a night stay, and the Bangalore-Gundlupet drive would be much smoother too being a very low traffic period
Well said Kala. It definitely make sense to start early and reach Gundlupet when the forest road opens at 6 AM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks