Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 13:10   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Anyone here been to Natrue Craft Homestay Nature Craft Home Stay Chikmagalur District, Karnataka or Valley of the birds Home | Valley Of Birds Home Stay, Kemmangundi, Chikmagalur in Chikamagalur? How would you rate your experience? And suggest some places around Chikamagalur for authentic Malnad food. Or well, anything that's super yummy.
I do not know about this homestay. However if you are lookking for good home stay with excellent Malnad food, try out Thotadahalli Estate. Excellent rooms and authentic Malnad food.

Home
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 17:43   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
Need a safe and clean accomodation at Chennai for 1 night (26th feb) for a single female.
Should have dining hall attached so that she doesnt have to go out for her dinner.
Budget rs 4000/5000.
Years back stayed at hotel Residency in T.Nagar.Is it still good?Has the surroudings become well populated?
Thanks
Regards

For the price mentioned you can get lot of good 3 -star hotels. You can find quite a few star hotels in T Nagar including the Residency.
Old 21st February 2012, 18:19   #828
J.Ravi

Quote:
Need a safe and clean accomodation at Chennai for 1 night (26th feb) for a single female.
My recommendation would be either Hotel Palmgrove [Near Anna Salai/Mount Road] or Hotel New Woodlands [near Marina Beach]. Both are within the budget indicated.
Quote:
Years back stayed at hotel Residency in T.Nagar.Is it still good?
Now, T.Nagar is a prime commercial area.

Old 21st February 2012, 23:46   #829
BHPian

Marlon/J.ravi
Thanks for your suggestions.
I have stayed at all the 3 places mentioned by you.Palm Grove and Woodlands were good places but they had a regional flavour rather than a business/international one.
Has that changed?Are they safe?
What about Residency towers?I had stayed at residency. Seems this has come up after 1996.
Thanks once again
Regards
Old 22nd February 2012, 08:55   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Marlon/J.ravi
Thanks for your suggestions.
I have stayed at all the 3 places mentioned by you.Palm Grove and Woodlands were good places but they had a regional flavour rather than a business/international one.
Has that changed?Are they safe?
What about Residency towers?I had stayed at residency. Seems this has come up after 1996.
Thanks once again
Regards
Residency Towers is much better than Old Residency. You can try GRT , which is next to Residency Towers. Some other good star hotels in that locality are Accord in T Nagar, New Raintree & Courtyard Mariott in Teynampet.

Not sure of the prices but might be around 5k.
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:28   #831
Senior - BHPian

Food at Residency Towers is similar to Residency. And I remember room rates were around 5-6k +. As Marlon says, Courtyard Marriott, Hyatt, Raintree (Mount Road, St. Marys Road) and GRT Grand Days are few that would give more food options, but those would be on the expensive to freakin' expensive category. Few more I can think of are Park Sheraton on Chamiers Road, Quality Inn Sabari on Nair Road, Dee Cee Manor on GN Chetty Road, The Park near US consulate.

Hotels in T.Nagar, Alwarpet, Mount Road are defly more expensive than 4-5K a day, if budget and business quality are your main criteria then location may not work.
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:22   #832
Senior - BHPian

I feel Residency towers is better than Residency. And also I have found that the food at Towers is much much better than that of Residency.
Old 23rd February 2012, 01:23   #833
BHPian

JRavi,Marlon,Narayans,Ramesh.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Will decide between Residency Towers(24 hour check out a plus point for her) and GRT
The first one is 6000 and the second 6195.
In your opinion would she get a better price if she walks in on Saturday early evening or if I book on the telephone?
How long will it take to the airport from there on a sunday evening?
Is there Meru or any other radio cab from the hotel to the airport and can she take that?
Thanks once again
Regards
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:05   #834
Senior - BHPian

might be of use to anybody, you can try a website latestays.com
this one has real competitive accommodation pricing.
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:21   #835
J.Ravi

Quote:
24 hour check out a plus point for her
24 hour check out facility is a norm in most of the hotels in Tamil Nadu.
Quote:
One hour it takes from the airport to T.Nagar.
  (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:40   #836
BHPian

We are planning for a short 2-3 day trip to Mahabalipuram in March. Any information on a good home stay or a cottage would be highly appreciated. It would be great if any one provides a clean 2 bedroom kind of home stay. We are 5 adults and 2 kids.
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:06   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should take anywhere between 1/2 to 1.5 hrs depending on what time you land :P Traffic peaceful until about 430-5, then its a mess till about 830-9 and again eases out (atleast coming into the city).

There are couple of counters at the airport itself nearby the baggage claim. Fastrack is one, don't remember the other counter at the airport.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:34   #838
BHPian

Quote:
JRavi,Marlon,Narayans,Ramesh.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Will decide between Residency Towers(24 hour check out a plus point for her) and GRT
The first one is 6000 and the second 6195.
In your opinion would she get a better price if she walks in on Saturday early evening or if I book on the telephone?
Is there Meru or any other radio cab from the hotel to the airport and can she take that?
Thanks once again
Regards
Hi,

I did a quick check on expedia and found they offer GRT at 5K and Accord at 3.750K , check in other sites also to get the best rate. Not sure if tax is included in the rate.

From Airport, take Fast Track. It will cost Rs 450 to T-Nagar and provide a good AC cab. Should take around 40 mins for travel.

For return you can book from Fast Track (044-28889999). If you plan to leave by 5.00PM, book for 4.30PM. They are well known to come late. Cost will be my meter for AC cab & will come around Rs200 and 25% extra if traveling late night or early morning.
Marlon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:36   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

There are couple of counters at the airport itself nearby the baggage claim. Fastrack is one, don't remember the other counter at the airport.
Aviation Express is the other counter. They have only MUV category vehicles and is good if you have heavy luggage and they cost rs 550 & upwards
Marlon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 06:52   #840
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks - Any hotel suggestions for Dindigul ? Preferably close to the NH7 highway itself so that going inside town can be avoided. My friend is traveling from Bangalore to Trivandrum this afternoon and plans to stay overnight at a hotel in Dindigul. Hotel Aristo is near Karur so looking for a hotel more towards Dindigul/Madurai.
Thanks in Advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks