Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2018, 20:57   #2101
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Are you open to staying in Trivandrum? What's your budget?
Looking forward something closer to beach. Checked the map and Trivandrum city hotels they are little far from beaches. Budget is around 3000Rs for a room with A/C. Just need decent sized A/C room which is clean/neat as I will not be using any other hotel facilities.
Old 20th December 2018, 21:23   #2102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Looking forward something closer to beach. Checked the map and Trivandrum city hotels they are little far from beaches. Budget is around 3000Rs for a room with A/C. Just need decent sized A/C room which is clean/neat as I will not be using any other hotel facilities.
Kovalam may be difficult during holiday season. Better is to try in the city itself. For 3k you can get good deals. Kovalam is not a big drive from the city and also being in city you can get to the other attractions faster

Dreams, Rajdhani group, Central Residency are good hotels in your range

Last edited by mallumowgli : 20th December 2018 at 21:28.
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 23:42   #2103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I have stayed in Hotel Ginger twice. It's a decent option with good car parking facility.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 07:59   #2104
BHPian

Sankam - Belgaum Budget Hotel for Overnight Stay. Brilliant option.

Last night, on our way to Goa from Mumbai we halted at Belgaum.

We had booked the overnight stay at Hotel Sankam Residency, (recommended by many on TBHP) which turned out to be a brilliant option!

Excellent rooms, great food and very economical prices. Service is outstanding, and quick to boot. They've even got a swimming pool if you have the time and the inclination for it.

Tariff charged was 2600+Taxes, and they take telephonic bookings directly so no need to rely on MMT etc. I've included the phone number below.

This could be a really good option for those looking for an overnight halt at Belgaum, perhaps even for a few days' stay.

Edit: Added Gmaps Pin - Hotel Sankam Residency

Airport Road, Off, Madras Bombay Trunk Rd, Azad Nagar, Gandhi Nagar, Belgaum, Karnataka 590016
0831 421 8700

https://goo.gl/maps/ZSTBNCTnpor

Cheers,
R_S

Last edited by roadie_swift : 23rd December 2018 at 08:01.
roadie_swift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 10:11   #2105
BHPian

Guys, please let me know if there is a 2bhk available for rent near Manyata Tech Park, Bengaluru in 1-5 km radius. This is for a family and budget is 22k +/- 3k.

Please PM me or pass on the details to 8 7 7 8 4 0 8 1 2 8.
Old 23rd December 2018, 22:02   #2106
BHPian

Guys, I have to attend a wedding in Palakkad on 27th Jan. Muhurtham is around 11 am. I plan to reach Palakkad early morning by train from Chennai. Please suggest a decent hotel where I can freshen up and proceed to the wedding venue. After the wedding I would like to come back to the hotel till evening to wait for the return train. Budget max. 3000.
Old 24th December 2018, 06:33   #2107
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Please suggest a decent hotel where I can freshen up and proceed to the wedding venue. After the wedding I would like to come back to the hotel till evening to wait for the return train. Budget max. 3000.
If the wedding hall is someplace inside town (please check), you can try Hotel Kapilavasthu (next to KSRTC bus stand) or KPM Regency or Hotel Indraprastha. All these are in a 1-1.5km radius.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 15:38   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If the wedding hall is someplace inside town
The wedding is at Kollengode, about 30kms from Palakkad Junction. I would prefer stay in Palakkad and travel to the wedding venue.
Old 24th December 2018, 17:02   #2109
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
We as a family are travelling to Ooty this weekend for a 3 day trip. Planning to book "the majestic crown" hotel. Any reviews about this hotel?
Any good food options in Ooty for Veggies?
Also wanted to visit Bandipur Safari on the way to Ooty. Anybody know the timings?

Thanks very much in advance.

Ramki
Old 25th December 2018, 12:18   #2110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
The wedding is at Kollengode, about 30kms from Palakkad Junction. I would prefer stay in Palakkad and travel to the wedding venue.
You can consider staying in Chittur which is just about 10-12kms from Kollengode.Mango Village is a very nice place to stay http://www.mangovillagekerala.com/
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 21:50   #2111
BHPian

Re: Scam alert: Hotelquickly.com

I will like to share my recent experience although I won't call it as fraud, rather it was pure negligence by hotel management and possibly online booking portal.

I was driving from Delhi to Halol (Gujrat) on 26th January 2019. I planned to start early in the morning from Delhi and planned to reach Halol at 11 pm. So booked Hotel OYO Aum Health Resort, Halol for 1 night (2 guests) from Goibibo web portal. It was a prepaid booking. I received confirmation email, SMS and confirmed hotel reservation. On the day of travel, when I reached Udaipur at around 5 pm and decided to call the hotel reception to inform that I will check-in late. I also wanted to inquire about dinner options at 11 pm. When I called the phone number on room reservation ticket provided by Goibibo, the call was directed to OYO customer care. The OYO customer care executive noted down my request of late check-in and assured me that my room is already ready and I can check-in at any time. I don't know why, but I thought I should personally talk to the hotel manager. So from internet, I found out the phone number of hotel reception. When I called hotel reception, the hotel manager informed me rudely that I won't get any room even though I have a confirmed booking, and the reason given by him was, hotel has been overbooked . When I asked him what should I do in a strange city at 11 pm, he answered, it is not his problem. Then I called OYO and informed the whole story. The customer executive told me that they can't do anything and I should contact Goibibo. Fortunately, Goibibo customer care took prompt action on my complaint and made alternate booking for me in another hotel in Vadodara. But due to all this, I lost valuable 1 & half hours of driving time. I finally reached Vadodara at 1 am.

What would have happened if I would not have thought of calling the hotel to inform my late check-in? What if I would have been convinced by assurance of OYO customer care that my room is ready? What would I have done after reaching the hotel (OYO Aum Health Resort) at 11 pm to find that I won't get any room?

Hereafter I have decided that even after prepaid confirmed hotel booking, I will call the hotel reception (and not the customer care of OYO etc) and confirm that they will honor my booking.
Nayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 22:17   #2112
BHPian

Looking for suggestions to stay in Rishikesh for a night. Any recommendation is appreciated.
Old 17th March 2019, 08:16   #2113
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scam alert: Hotelquickly.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
I will like to share my recent experience although I won't call it as fraud, rather it was pure negligence by hotel management and possibly online booking portal..
Many smaller hotels in Gujarat and a few other states have a running fight with Oyo and other booking portals and aggregators over commission rates etc. So call the hotel and book directly especially when the booking is for a smaller hotel that’s not in a major city.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 09:09   #2114
Distinguished - BHPian

I will be in Chennai tomorrow, 4-4-19 for a days work. Will arrive by train in the morning at around 430AM and need to visit a shop which will repair my Synthesizer. The shop opens only at 10AM and until then, I am looking for an accomodation option where I can sleep for a while and then freshen up to head to the shop. Any pointers to a hotel which can allow me to check in at this time in the morning? I see many hotels having a check in time of 10-11AM which doesnt help me since I have to book accommodation for two days which doesnt make sense.

Preferable location will be as close to the railway station or in T Nagar, Chennai where the shop is located. Budget isnt a concern upto 2k or so, since I dont want to spend more than that for a few hours stay. A clean bed and shower is all I need. Any help is highly appreciated!
Old 29th April 2019, 22:10   #2115
BHPian

Planning for vacation in Hyderabad next week with wife and son. Never been to Hyderabad earlier. I will be leaving Bangalore early morning on May 5th. Tentative places to visit as below:

1. Ramoji film city
2. Charminar
3. Birla mandir
4. Jaganath temple
5. Salar jung museum
6. Hussein sagar lake
7. IKEA showroom
8. Sudha car museum
9. Golconda fort

Please suggest any other nice places to visit. Any recommendations for shopping?

If 4-5 days are enough to cover all the above, which would be a good hotel to stay? I am availing leave for the entire next week - hence time would not be a constraint.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 29th April 2019 at 22:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks