Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2017, 20:49   #2011
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Looking for suggestions for stay in Krabi & Bangkok, Thailand at a budget of around 5k/night. Since the period of stay is during the summer holidays expect some good early bird offers. For the first time I am planning an abroad trip without any travel agent so any help will be much appreciated.
Old 6th December 2017, 21:25   #2012
BHPian

For Krabi can recommend Wannas Place on Ao Nang beach. Stayed there for some 6-7 days few years ago. Was within the mentioned budget then.

For Bangkok try Centara Grand. With online discounts may land in the budget.

I enjoyed stay in Baiiyoke Sky most. Close to airport rail, inside hardcore indianish area with an Indian restaurant every 100 m and free access to topmost floor of Bangkok's tallest hotel. The skysuites high up may be slightly above your mentioned budget.
sindabad.sailor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 22:42   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,

I need budget accommodation in south delhi (Lajpat Nagar,NFC,Nehru Place etc) for 10 nights in the range of 2.5k/night.

Please help.

Waseem.
Old 10th January 2018, 08:35   #2014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dear Friends,

I need budget accommodation in south delhi (Lajpat Nagar,NFC,Nehru Place etc) for 10 nights in the range of 2.5k/night.

Please help.

Waseem.
This isn't bad - http://www.diplomatresidency.com/

Book on somewhere like booking.com / goibibo for cheaper rates than the hotel offers you.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 13:27   #2015
BHPian

Hey BHP-ians,

Due to my company's project requirement, I have to relocate to Navi Mumbai (Airoli) atleast till this year end and hence I am on lookout for an accomodation within 5-10 km radius . I would prefer to have an 1 BHK accomodation though I am open to PG accomodation as well since I am shifting alone leaving my family behind. Also, how good/bad is the connectivity from Navi Mumbai to the mainland ?

Also, heard that 'Palava city' in Navi Mumbai is a good location to scout for accomodation which would fall within my budget of 10-12K per se. Mumbai/Navi Mumbai BHP-ians, please help me out with your suggestions/ideas/advices.

Awaiting your responses
Old 8th February 2018, 14:13   #2016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAficionado View Post
Hey BHP-ians,

Due to my company's project requirement, I have to relocate to Navi Mumbai (Airoli) atleast till this year end and hence I am on lookout for an accomodation within 5-10 km radius . I would prefer to have an 1 BHK accomodation though I am open to PG accomodation as well since I am shifting alone leaving my family behind. Also, how good/bad is the connectivity from Navi Mumbai to the mainland ?

Also, heard that 'Palava city' in Navi Mumbai is a good location to scout for accomodation which would fall within my budget of 10-12K per se. Mumbai/Navi Mumbai BHP-ians, please help me out with your suggestions/ideas/advices.

Awaiting your responses
Try and find a place in Thane near the station - train should a back up to road travel.

Link
Road Map Route

Palava is far, and you will end up wasting time commuting.
Link

Look for places in between Thane and Nerul.
Attached Images

neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 14:35   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Try and find a place in Thane near the station - train should a back up to road travel.

Look for places in between Thane and Nerul.
Thanks neofromcapone for your quick response. Since I am new to Mumbai, I need BHP-ians suggestion on ways to look for accomodation i.e. websites, brokers etc...

Cheers!!
AutoAficionado
Old 8th February 2018, 14:50   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Hey BHP-ians,

Awaiting your responses
Since your work location would be Airoli if i assume, the nearest places to stay would be Ghansoli, KoperKharine. You can get accommodation here at your said budget. On these routes you can travel by local trains or buses at ease. If interested i can refer you to a known broker.

Also Pallava city would also fit your budget as its brand new place but slightly off the location to Airoli. On this route, local transportation is not available. You need to have your own vehicle or company provided.
rudrah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 15:01   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Since your work location would be Airoli if i assume, the nearest places to stay would be Ghansoli, KoperKharine. You can get accommodation here at your said budget. On these routes you can travel by local trains or buses at ease. If interested i can refer you to a known broker.
Thanks rudrah for your suggestion. Your assumption is 100% right and I would be working out of MIDC park (Mindspace) and hope I assume that the areas you have mentioned fall within the ballpark figure I had mentioned. I am also curious enough to know the frequency of transportation from those places to other parts of Mumbai. I will give you a headsup (thro PM) if I want the usage of broker.

Quote:
Also Pallava city would also fit your budget as its brand new place but slightly off the location to Airoli. On this route, local transportation is not available. You need to have your own vehicle or company provided.
Hmm... I understand but I will have neither of the above said transportation.

Last edited by AutoAficionado : 8th February 2018 at 15:03.
Old 8th February 2018, 19:50   #2020
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations for a good homestay or hotel in Kanyakumari? Most of the places online seem to have very mixed reviews and hence unable to narrow down.
Old 8th February 2018, 20:13   #2021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Any recommendations for a good homestay or hotel in Kanyakumari? Most of the places online seem to have very mixed reviews and hence unable to narrow down.
I stayed at this place once and it was decent (clean room, working aircon, slow but reliable wifi, you can see the sunrise from the hotel roof).

No comment about the food because I didn't have any there and left after spending a night there to watch the sunrise.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/in/temple-citi.en-gb.html

Last edited by hserus : 8th February 2018 at 20:18. Reason: add hotel url
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 14:26   #2022
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Stayed at Sea View and it was very good, back in 2011, details in Travelogue - here (Dizzy Drive ®:Bangalore-Madurai-Kanyakumari-Rameshwaram-Bangalore in 5 days).
Have also seen recommendations for Tri Sea almost opposite to Sea View.
Advantage is the location of these places, very close to the ferry point for the ride to Vivekananda Rock/Tiruvalluvar statue and also close to the long pier from the fishing colony which is a must-see for sunrise
This is also walking distance to the Devi temple, Gandhi Mandapam, etc

Nearby there is also a Sparsa property.

You can also consider Vivekananda Kendra for it's simplicity and old world charm, also have private access to a section of the beach.

Last edited by NPV : 9th February 2018 at 14:41.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 14:45   #2023
BHPian

I am planning an Odisha holiday for 4-5 nights end of this month. Need hotel recommendations for:
1 Night at Bhubaneshwar, 2 nights at Puri and 1 night near Chilika Lake or Gopalpur.
Me, Wife and atleast 1 if not 2 daughters will be traveling without a car.
Something less than 5000 Rs per night is sought.
Plan to visit whatever is possible in BBSR, then Sun Temple, Jagannath Temple and Chilika Lake for sure. Caves and sulphur springs are tentative.
Old 9th February 2018, 15:20   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
I have stayed in Hotel Maadhini twice. Though the last one was a few years back. Location is a killer with the Vivekananda Memorial and the Statue visible from the hotel room*. They also open the terrace for the sunrise and sunset.

*Due to some construction near the beach, some rooms may not offer a good view of the Vivekananda Memorial, but the terrace is always there.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 15:49   #2025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Due to my company's project requirement, I have to relocate to Navi Mumbai (Airoli) atleast till this year end and hence I am on lookout for an accomodation within 5-10 km radius
I would suggest to look out for accomodation in Airoli itself. You might be required to increase your budget by a couple of thousands more in a good locality like sector 3 or sector 9. This will save your commutational costs. The only thing which might work against you is the time frame of rental requirement. For such a small time frame, you should look for a fully furnished accommodation only and this will bump the budget by a couple of thousands more. You haven't detailed if you are moving with your family. If so, suggest somewhere closer to D-Mart in sector 9.

Although the suggestions for nearby areas such as Ghansoli, Koperhkhairane are valid, traversing the every busy and jam prone Thane Belapur road during peak time is exhausting. Thane is another option provided you get closest to the station which IMO would be very rare and pricey plus you will get old buildings. If you stay in Airoli, Autos will be the easiest way to commute to office.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks