Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 09:54   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@SAHIR.KITTUR

Where does this ferry drop you off in Goa and are there any specific working hours for the ferry ?
The ferry can be approached from Vengurla/Savantwadi (around 22 kms to Terakol Fort), and the ferry starts from near the Fort. Ferries go to Kerim Beach and Kiranpani, and they take on cars. Starts in the early morning and goes on all day till sometime 9 pm. Crossing to Kerim takes 10-15 minutes. I have taken my Scorpio on it.

From Kerim, the North Goa beaches are a stone's throw away - Arambol Beach is 8 kms away - and you can go on to Siolim (22 kms) and Vagator (5 more kms).
Old 10th February 2010, 10:18   #167
BHPian

Terekhol to Querim fery

Please see the attached snap shot, Hope this helps you all.Thanks HVK .
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-fery.jpg  

Old 10th February 2010, 13:37   #168
Senior - BHPian

@ hvkumar & SAHIR.KITTUR

Thank you, both of you for the above information.
Old 15th February 2010, 19:40   #169
BHPian

Hi,

I have chalked out my route from Pune to Goa now. Needed some help in working out the route within Goa.

Which would be the quickest / shortest route to reach Candolim beach from NH17? I will be driving down from Pune. It will be really helpful if you could point to a few landmarks to identify the route.
Old 16th February 2010, 11:04   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Hi,

I have chalked out my route from Pune to Goa now. Needed some help in working out the route within Goa.

Which would be the quickest / shortest route to reach Candolim beach from NH17? I will be driving down from Pune. It will be really helpful if you could point to a few landmarks to identify the route.
Ptushar, Some may say that its not the shortest, But i would say that its the easiest ! After you pass Mapusa and cross Porvorim you will come across a Maruti showroom on your left. Just before the bridge starts take the right. Go straight and later you will come across a junction where the road tends to turn right, at this point you have to take the road which goes left. This leads staight to candolim. Please refer to the attached snap shot. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-candolim.jpg  

Old 16th February 2010, 17:37   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
Ptushar, Some may say that its not the shortest, But i would say that its the easiest ! After you pass Mapusa and cross Porvorim you will come across a Maruti showroom on your left. Just before the bridge starts take the right. Go straight and later you will come across a junction where the road tends to turn right, at this point you have to take the road which goes left. This leads staight to candolim. Please refer to the attached snap shot. Hope this helps.
Sahir, via betim, verem and Nerul??? I'm curious about the left you speak about? I've highlighted it in Bold.
regards

Ptushar, where are you staying at in candolim?

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 16th February 2010 at 17:39.
Old 16th February 2010, 20:51   #172
BHPian

Thanks Sahir. I kind of noticed this route, however when I zoomed in in Wiki & GoogleMaps, somehow could not see the road that joins onto the NH17. It looked like a muddy patch. This got me confused.
However, now that you say that there is a right turn, I shall look out for this.

deutscheafrikar, staying in a place called Santana. Seems to be off the road to Fort Aguada.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:24   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, now that you say that there is a right turn, I shall look out for this.

deutscheafrikar, staying in a place called Santana. Seems to be off the road to Fort Aguada.
Santana Beach Resort, Dando? Don't know which route you will take from Mapusa. If you take the one Sahir has shown then after the nerul bridge when you reach the T junction at Candolim, turn left and drive a bit in the direction of the Kingfisher Villa, you will find santana on the right hand side I think.

Let me know the route you've taken and the condition of the roads when you reach Goa. Enjoy yourself.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 16th February 2010 at 22:38.
Old 17th February 2010, 10:14   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sahir. I kind of noticed this route, however when I zoomed in in Wiki & GoogleMaps, somehow could not see the road that joins onto the NH17. It looked like a muddy patch. This got me confused.

Ptushar,
Here you go, Hope this is more easy for you. Wiki & Google snap shots.
NH17 - betim - verem - nerul bridge - candolom - santana
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-right-before-bridge.jpg  

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-verem.jpg  

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-santana.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 10:50   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Sahir, via betim, verem and Nerul??? I'm curious about the left you speak about? I've highlighted it in Bold.
regards

Ptushar, where are you staying at in candolim?

Deuts, Yes its via Betim - Verem - Nerul bridge. I have posted some snap shots too. Have a look.
Caio
Old 17th February 2010, 11:04   #176
BHPian

Thank you Sahir & deutscheafrikar. This really helps.
Old 28th February 2010, 14:31   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
Deuts, Yes its via Betim - Verem - Nerul bridge. I have posted some snap shots too. Have a look.
Caio
Yeah I know about it. I prefer turning right at the intersectionon the NH17 which takes you to Duler. from there to mapusa market then a slight left at the mapusa residency towards parra and straight on to calangute then stick to the left at St' Anthony's Copel and reach home.

The right to get off the NH17 is at the junction which has a board showing Left to Thvim Station and right to Mapusa with a Straight arrow to Panjim.

I drove in last night via pune, Kolhapur, nipani, Sankeshwar, Gadinglaj, Sawantwadi. From Sankeshwar to Sawantwadi it took me about 2 1/2 hrs. The road was rough in parts but not bad as before.
Has anyone recently driven via Phondaghat or Gaganbawda?
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:12   #178
BHPian

I would agree with deutscheafrikar on the road between Sankeshwar and Ajra. It's narrow and a little bad. I travelled through this on the 26th of February this year on my way to Goa. I took the NH4 from Mumbai to Kolhapur and turned off right near Hotel Kaveri towards the Amboli Ghat. Barring that few patches of bad roads, the rest of the travel was ok. The whole travel between Mumbai to Candolim (2 breaks of 30 mins) took us 12:30 hrs. On our way back, we took the NH 17 upto the Mumbai Pune Expressway, passing through Sawantwadi - Ratnagiri - Mahad - Pen - Panvel, clocking at time of 13 hrs (three breaks as the heat was immense). Driving through NH4 involves straight drives with speeds roughly at 90+ while NH17 has trecherous curves and the max speed I took was between 75 - 80. All this was done in my Maruti 800
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:35   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renney.varghese View Post
I would agree with deutscheafrikar on the road between Sankeshwar and Ajra. It's narrow and a little bad. I took the NH4 from Mumbai to Kolhapur and turned off right near Hotel Kaveri towards the Amboli Ghat.
Renney you mention drove from kaveri to uttur and onto ajra. Thats the narrow route. The turm from sankeshwar is a further 12 kms from tne kaveri restaurant. it goes via gadinglaj to ajra and is much wider than the on eyou drove on
'
Anyway just to inform all that about 186 km from bandra on the NH4 just after restaurant Natraj is a new Mac Donalds' on the left side of the road. Good enough to stop for breakfast on the way to kolhapur or further from mumbai.
Old 2nd March 2010, 16:03   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Renney you mention drove from kaveri to uttur and onto ajra. Thats the narrow route. The turm from sankeshwar is a further 12 kms from tne kaveri restaurant. it goes via gadinglaj to ajra and is much wider than the on eyou drove on
'
Anyway just to inform all that about 186 km from bandra on the NH4 just after restaurant Natraj is a new Mac Donalds' on the left side of the road. Good enough to stop for breakfast on the way to kolhapur or further from mumbai.
Oh, that's the reason. I asked for directions to Amboli Ghat at the toll window before the Kaveri Hotel. They directed me to this route. Maybe would not have had the little rough ride if I would have taken the Sankeshwar road as you've mentioned. There are truckers on this road and hence you feel more of the narrowness. Thank you so much for clearing this out.

Most Viewed