Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2021, 17:05   #3511
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Just reached goa.

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Nipani - Ajara - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Porvorim

Left Mumbai at 8.30am and reached Porvorim at 8.30pm

Took a break at Katraj and one at Kolhapur for late lunch.

The roads are in pretty bad shape near Satara. You start questioning the massive toll collection in your mind for this misery.

The roads before Amboli, better to talk less about. I have no clue what are authorities up to. Driving a XUV was not an easy task, I feel bad for sedan drivers who have to slow down and come to snails pace every 2 minutes.

I am seriously thinking of taking the NH66 on way back. At least the toll money is saved. I took 12 hours only due to bad roads. When roads are better I normally complete this journey in 10 hours.

And for the curious souls what's happening on Maharashtra - Karnataka border with RTPCR tests, here's a video that is being recorded on 5th Dec 21.

1 policeman signals the car he 'suspects' that might carry covid in Karnataka. That car is then pushed in one lane and eventually let off without any checks. Mind you, mostly commercial vehicles and busses are let off without any checks. This is the level of farce currently happening in our country.

TaurusAl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 17:33   #3512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
And for the curious souls what's happening on Maharashtra - Karnataka border with RTPCR tests, here's a video that is being recorded on 5th Dec 21
Thanks for this update. Is this RT-PCR check post after the Kognoli toll plaza or before it?
Old 6th December 2021, 18:00   #3513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Thanks for this update. Is this RT-PCR check post after the Kognoli toll plaza or before it?
This is before the Kognoli/Kagal toll plaza. The bridge over the river is the border and soon after is the toll.

Toll booth comes around 1m in this video which of course is shot during "Pre-Omicron" era

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th December 2021 at 18:22.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:01   #3514
BHPian

hi - anyone travelled to goa via gaganbawda (karul ghat) - NH66 to goa? From the previous replies, looks like Amboli ghat route is in a bad shape. Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 18:11   #3515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewire View Post
hi - anyone travelled to goa via gaganbawda (karul ghat) - NH66 to goa...
Refer my post (Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries) about this route a couple of months ago. I doubt situation would have changed significantly after that.

Hth,
-BJ
Old 9th December 2021, 14:51   #3516
BHPian

Between the Karul Ghat (Gaganbawda) route and the Chorla Ghat Route, which one would be the preffered route for Candolim/Panaji?

We'll be travelling from Panvel, and if we take the Gaganbawda Route, will take the night halt at Kolhapur, else it will be Belgaum if Chorla Ghat route is taken.
Old 10th December 2021, 16:46   #3517
Senior - BHPian

Just crossed MH-KA border while traveling to Goa. We were stopped for the Covid check, cop asked where we were going, gave the RT PCR reports a cursory glance, and sent us on our way. Didn't take more than 15-20 seconds at the most.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 17:37   #3518

Hi All,

I will be travelling from Agonda to Pune on 12th Dec. While traveling to Goa I took Nipani -Amboli route as I was supposed to go to Candolim and at KA Border they checked the vaccination cert and let us pass saying do not go via Belgaum.

Any one having any idea if they check for RTPCR report to travel via belgaum if I take Anmod ghat while returning back to Pune? Any recent leads would be helpful.
Old 10th December 2021, 18:09   #3519
BHPian

Quote:
Just crossed MH-KA border while traveling to Goa. We were stopped for the Covid check, cop asked where we were going, gave the RT PCR reports a cursory glance, and sent us on our way. Didn't take more than 15-20 seconds at the most.
Are you fully vaccinated? Didn’t you try to first show fully vaccinated certificate as you were travelling to Goa? As per your interaction with cops at border, does fully vaccinated certificate suffice to cross the KA if final destination is GA?
Old 10th December 2021, 18:38   #3520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Are you fully vaccinated? Didn’t you try to first show fully vaccinated certificate as you were travelling to Goa? As per your interaction with cops at border, does fully vaccinated certificate suffice to cross the KA if final destination is GA?
I am fully vaccinated, but I had no interest in interacting with anyone at the check post, other than the bare minimum conversation required. Just wanted to get on with my trip asap. Plus, we have an overnight halt in Belgaum. So rather than face last minute hassles, kept the RT PCR negative reports for me and my family with me.
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 09:12   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
Between the Karul Ghat (Gaganbawda) route and the Chorla Ghat Route, which one would be the preffered route for Candolim/Panaji?

We'll be travelling from Panvel, and if we take the Gaganbawda Route, will take the night halt at Kolhapur, else it will be Belgaum if Chorla Ghat route is taken.

I would prefer Chorla route. Roads are definitely much better.

Took Belgaum Chorla route on 5th Nov. Was a problem free ride. Just few patches of bad roads.
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 10:33   #3522
BHPian

Quote:
I am fully vaccinated, but I had no interest in interacting with anyone at the check post, other than the bare minimum conversation required. Just wanted to get on with my trip asap. Plus, we have an overnight halt in Belgaum. So rather than face last minute hassles, kept the RT PCR negative reports for me and my family with me.
thanks for the updates. any idea on the RTPCR requirements for children below 8yrs? I think children are excluded are they not? adults are fully vaccinated.
Old 12th December 2021, 10:42   #3523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
thanks for the updates. any idea on the RTPCR requirements for children below 8yrs? I think children are excluded are they not? adults are fully vaccinated.
At KA border, they didn't ask explicitly ask for kids' RT PCR, but I had taken one anyway for my 8 year old child. At Goa border, they just checked the adults' double vaccination certificates (even though some news reports said that RT PCR was mandatory for Goa entry, irrespective of vaccination status).
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 09:55   #3524
BHPian

Guys which sections of Pune Mumbai expressway has speed cameras ? And how do I avoid getting challaned ? I will be travelling to Mulund West on Friday, what route should I take ? I don't know anything about Mumbai roads, any inputs appreciated
Old 14th December 2021, 10:50   #3525

I am planning to travel from Arambol to Mumbai (start at 5 AM). Google shows 565Km / 11Hr via Amboli whereas Chorla is shown as 620Km / 12hr.

Any suggestions on which route should I take?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks