Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 14:33   #16
BHPian

I am planning to travel to Indore from Pune during christmas time taking the route - Pune - Nagar - Shirdi- Dhule- NH3- Indore. Any expereiences of this route?

Last year I had made a journey using the following route Pune - Nagar - Aurangabad- Muktainagar- Burhanpur - Indore and had covered it in 13.5 hrs.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by maverickxx2006 : 11th December 2009 at 14:36.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:03   #17
BHPian

Pls see http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1550200

Regards
Old 27th December 2009, 22:53   #18
BHPian

I have done both the stretches recenly in last 2-3 months. Here are my observations:
- Road condition, in general, is better on Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalgaon-Indore route.
- Ameneties (food etc), are bit better again on above stretch
- Distance, of course is longer, again on above stretch. Total would be aound 675 kms via Jalgaon, where as it would be around 615 kms via NH3.
- Driving experience, is equally good (or bad). NH3 is prone to traffic jams. Whereas above mentioned stretch is longer and also is not good overall experience on the MP part (many speed bumps all along).

Last edited by naren_gs1 : 27th December 2009 at 22:55.
Old 6th February 2010, 14:18   #19
BHPian

urgent advice

Hi Friends,

I am in need of your help.
Ill be travelling from Pune to Indore on 9th Feb. Can you tell me which route is better.

Route 1: Pune-Sangamner-Malegaon-Dhule-Sendhwa-Khalghat-Indore

Route 2: Pune-Aurangabad-Ajanta-Jamner-Burhanpur-Indore

For route 1 i know that pune to sangamner the road condition is good.
For route 2 : I had done Pune to Ajanta couple of times recently and the road conditions in general were good. Pune to aurangabad road conditions has become excellent now except for few patches. I am tilted towards the second route more so because I can take a halt in aurangabad after i start from Pune at 6 pm on 9th Feb. Then on 10th I can start early morning and go to indore directly.

Your inputs will be greatly beneficial to me..

Thanks
Old 6th February 2010, 14:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

I drove from Bombay to Gwalior via Malegaon, Nashik , Sendhwa and Indore and it was a pleasant experience. There are some bad sections in the MH-MP border area and till you reach Damnod, the road widening work is going on. The bad sections are not much, and if you are going in the day time, there should be no problem. Before that, at Dhulia bypass, there is a flyover construction going on which causes traffic jams, although I did not face any (middle of the night!).

From Damnod, it is a super 4-lane road.

You can reach Indore morning to evening.

I have no personal experience with the Jalgaon-Burhanpur-Khandwa route, but I'm told that the road continues to be good.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

I have no personal experience with the Jalgaon-Burhanpur-Khandwa route, but I'm told that the road continues to be good.
We drove on that route during our recent Mumbai trip. This route though two lane, is in very good condition. Indore-Khandwa_Burhanpur, this MP SH is newly laid though have curves but the tarmac is super smooth.

Burhanpur-Bhusawal (MH SH) is average, but Bhusawal-Jalgaon-Ajanta-Aurangabad is again very good. Aurangabad-Pune, we didn't travel.

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 9th February 2010 at 16:59.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
I am planning a road trip to Indore next month. My sister is in MHOW but she said there are incidents of looting cars on Pune-Indore road in MP. Is this true or are there any such roads which are good to be avoided?
Old 10th May 2010, 11:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Guys,
I am planning a road trip to Indore next month. My sister is in MHOW but she said there are incidents of looting cars on Pune-Indore road in MP. Is this true or are there any such roads which are good to be avoided?
Although the MH-MP border area around Sendhwa does have a reputation of being unsafe, I do not think it is that bad. I have myself driven through this stretch by night-time and have not encountered any problems. Traffic is high, with lots of truck and bus traffic. Maybe you should stick to driving by day time.
Old 10th May 2010, 13:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Although the MH-MP border area around Sendhwa does have a reputation of being unsafe, I do not think it is that bad. I have myself driven through this stretch by night-time and have not encountered any problems. Traffic is high, with lots of truck and bus traffic. Maybe you should stick to driving by day time.
Howz the road which goes through: Burhanpur - Ghaser (Yawal wildlife sanct) - Borgaon - Simrol - MHOW? Any idea about this stretch?
Old 10th May 2010, 22:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Howz the road which goes through: Burhanpur - Ghaser (Yawal wildlife sanct) - Borgaon - Simrol - MHOW? Any idea about this stretch?
No special safety issues on this route by day. Road is also in good condition all the way.
Old 15th March 2011, 11:28   #26
tez
BHPian

re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

guys, planning to do pune-indore. Kindly advice the route based on good roads. Here is what i have planned using the info gathered while going through TBHP posts.
Route 1 - Pune- Aurangabad-Dhule-Sendhwa-Indore.
Route 2 - Pune- Aurangabad - Edalabad-Burhanpur - Indore
Which of these routes have good roads and less traffic?
Also for Burhanpur route, i have seen routes from jalgaon, jamner etc.. which is the preferred one?
Old 15th March 2011, 12:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
guys, planning to do pune-indore. Kindly advice the route based on good roads. Here is what i have planned using the info gathered while going through TBHP posts.
Route 1 - Pune- Aurangabad-Dhule-Sendhwa-Indore.
Route 2 - Pune- Aurangabad - Edalabad-Burhanpur - Indore
Which of these routes have good roads and less traffic?
Also for Burhanpur route, i have seen routes from jalgaon, jamner etc.. which is the preferred one?
Pune-Ahmadnagar-Shirdi-Malegaon-Dhule-Shirpur-Sendhwa-Indore is the route.

Pune-Shirdi is 4 lane then, Shirdi-Malegaon is two lane, Malegaon-Indore is four lane.
Old 17th May 2011, 12:13   #28
BHPian

Re: Pune-Indore: UPdate as of 15 May 2011

Did Pune-Indore and back over the weekend. Since I did not find any thread specific to this route, posting updates here

1. Pune to Indore
Route taken: Pune-A'nagar-Aurangabad-Dhule-Indore
Departure : 6:00 AM

Pune to Auranagabad is a 4 Lane divided highway with intermittent stretches which are not 4 laned. This is a breeze to drive on and sustaining 3 digit speeds is not difficult. This leg is approximately 250 Kms
Aurangabad-Dhule is via NH211 which is joined before you enter Aurangabad. This is a 2 lane road with very good road surface and progress is fast. This leg is approx 120 kms. Traffic was low and it is possible to reach good speeds.
Dhule-MP Border (NH3) With 4 laning work started on this stretch (about 90 kms), expect heavy traffic and lot of diversions. I lost count of how many rumbler strips I had to go over. Some of them are not even marked with advance warning and one has to rely on traffic ahead so as not to be caught braking at the last moment. The positive is the indication of what one can expect once the 4 laning is complete. With lots of overbridges and bypasses, I would expect this leg to be completed in 1 hr once all work is completed.
MP Border-Indore(NH3) Absolute joy to drive on. This leg is about 170 kms and is 4 laned throughout. I found sparse traffic and with lack of roadside amenities, it is best to cover without any breaks.

Breaks:
1. We had decided to stop for breakfast after Aurangabad but did not find any decent place. I will recommend to get your morning snack on the Pune-Aurangabad stretch. Smilestone, just before A'nagar is quite good, but was a little too early for me.
2. Dhule is a good place for having lunch. There are plenty of family friendly eating joints with clean restrooms on NH3.

Last edited by mmxylorider : 17th May 2011 at 12:18.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 12:41   #29
BHPian

2. Indore to Pune
Route taken: Indore-Khandwa(bypass)-Burhanpur-Edalabad-Bodwad-Jamner-Pahur-Ajanta-Aurangabad-A'nagar-Pune
Departure : 6:30 AM

Indore-Edalabad is a 2 lane toll road. Road condition is superb especially in MP. Noticeable drop is road quality once you enter MH. This is an extremely barren stretch and lack of roadside amenities is noticeable.
Since this route goes through multiple small towns and villages, expect the speeds to be cut down drastically.
Edalabad-Bodvad-Jamner-Pahur This stretch is again 2 lane with sparse traffic and good road surface. The road is of the wavy kind and back seat passengers can face some discomfort.
Pahur-Ajanta-Aurangabad Good road, but significant local traffic.
Aurangabad-Pune See my previous post regarding road condition. Since it would be late afternoon or early evening when you approach Pune, there would be heavy traffic from about 20 kms out.

Breaks
1. Breakfast at one of the better looking dhabas along the road.
2. Since we did not find a good eating place for lunch, we waited till we crossed Aurangabad.

My experience with the 90 kms stretch between Dhule and MP border on outward journey prompted this change in route while returning. I had taken this same return route last year as well and it has not deteriorated in any form.
Old 9th January 2012, 18:53   #30
BHPian

Re: Pune-Indore: UPdate as of 15 May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Dhule-MP Border (NH3) With 4 laning work started on this stretch (about 90 kms), expect heavy traffic and lot of diversions. I lost count of how many rumbler strips I had to go over. Some of them are not even marked with advance warning and one has to rely on traffic ahead so as not to be caught braking at the last moment. The positive is the indication of what one can expect once the 4 laning is complete. With lots of overbridges and bypasses, I would expect this leg to be completed in 1 hr once all work is completed.
I am planning a trip to Indore again end of Jan. Have planned on the Pune-Aurangabad-Dhule-NH3-Indore route both ways.

Any news on the stretch between Dhule and MP border?

I notice that mmxylorider's post is about 8 months old, so any chance that this stretch is now completed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks