Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 10:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Anyone driving to Indore this week? How is the road from Ahmadnagar to Kopargoan? Is it in good shape?
Old 31st October 2013, 19:53   #92
Senior - BHPian

Travelled to Indore today. Started at 5:49 a.m. from Pune and reached Rau at 4:55 p.m. and Palasia at 5:30 p.m. (615.6 km). The road condition is terrible between Kolhar & Kopargaon. Large craters. The rest of the roads are very good. NH3 has some patches at some of the places but overall still good.
Old 24th December 2013, 10:29   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Travelled to Indore today. Started at 5:49 a.m. from Pune and reached Rau at 4:55 p.m. and Palasia at 5:30 p.m. (615.6 km). The road condition is terrible between Kolhar & Kopargaon. Large craters. The rest of the roads are very good. NH3 has some patches at some of the places but overall still good.
Could you suggest a preferred route for Pune - Indore . I am travelling tomorrow. I am confused - Pune - NH3 (Nashik) - Indore or Pune- Ahmednagar - Indore. Pune - Nashik - Indore seems to be along NH most of the way while the latter route has a lot of State highways..
Old 24th December 2013, 14:26   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
Could you suggest a preferred route for Pune - Indore . I am travelling tomorrow. I am confused - Pune - NH3 (Nashik) - Indore or Pune- Ahmednagar - Indore. Pune - Nashik - Indore seems to be along NH most of the way while the latter route has a lot of State highways..
With the kind of traffic on Pune Nashik rd -- first from Pune till Chakan and then Sangamner to Nashik, it will take more time. Better to take Nagar - Shirdi - Malegaon - NH3 route.
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 13:41   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry that I did not see your query in time. I hope you have reached Indore safe and sound. It is better to take the Indore-Malegaon-Kopargaon-Ahmadnagar-Pune route on your return. To bypass the bad sections between Kopargaon and Kolhar, from Kopargaon drive towards Shrirampur and from Shrirampur towards Rahuri. This will add 10km to your travel, but you can bypass the bad roads between Kopargaon and Kolhar and also bypass Shirdi.
Old 26th December 2013, 19:22   #96
BHPian

Thanks! I travelled to Indore as planned and used the Ahmedabad route but thru kopergaon and the very large craters. The stretch after Dhule on NH3 was excellent though with many tolls. I was thinking of travelling back thru Nashik since its NH3 for a longer stretch. Are there any specific bad spots on the Nashik route which I may not be aware of ?
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:48   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I travelled to Indore as planned and used the Ahmedabad route but thru kopergaon and the very large craters. The stretch after Dhule on NH3 was excellent though with many tolls. I was thinking of travelling back thru Nashik since its NH3 for a longer stretch. Are there any specific bad spots on the Nashik route which I may not be aware of ?
Nashik-Pune road is not in great shape at many places. Also the driving time during the day could be anywhere between to 4 to 7 hours depending on the traffic. Usually it will be on the higher side. Better to avoid this route if you are driving during the day.
Old 14th February 2014, 14:33   #98
Senior - BHPian

A question to people who have travelled to Indore via Shirdi-Malegaon. Once you join NH3 bypass at Malegaon, at the first toll which comes after about 44km, you are asked to pay Rs. 115 as toll. And after about 28km from there you pay the next toll which is Rs. 50. Why are they charging Rs. 115 for 44km? Should not the toll be much lesser for folks joining NH3 from Malegaon? While traveling in the reverse direction (i.e., Indore to Pune), they tell you that the toll of Rs. 115 is valid through the next toll if you continue towards Nashik. But what about people who leave NH3 at Malegaon? Is there an option to pay lesser toll?
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 17:03   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
A question to people who have travelled to Indore via Shirdi-Malegaon. Once you join NH3 bypass at Malegaon, at the first toll which comes after about 44km, you are asked to pay Rs. 115 as toll. And after about 28km from there you pay the next toll which is Rs. 50. Why are they charging Rs. 115 for 44km? Should not the toll be much lesser for folks joining NH3 from Malegaon? While traveling in the reverse direction (i.e., Indore to Pune), they tell you that the toll of Rs. 115 is valid through the next toll if you continue towards Nashik. But what about people who leave NH3 at Malegaon? Is there an option to pay lesser toll?
You are right the toll of 115 is for stretch between Dhule -Nashik, but they dont have any checks to establish, so one is forced to pay. Also traffic on Nashik Dhule stretch is much more than Manmad Dhule so probably they never considered the same
mm403 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 21:28   #100
BHPian

Last week I had been from Pune to Indore and from Indore to Jaora and back.

Route used was:

1) Pune-Ahmednagar-Rahuri-Shirdi-Manmad-Malegaon-Sendhwa-Mhow/Pithampur-Rahu-Indore.

Route upto Ahmednagar is with divider and in good condition. Same beyond Rahuri, but 20 kms before Shirdi and nearly equal beyond it the road condition is horrible without divider at most places and heavy congested traffic. Once you reach the Mumbai-Agra highway things are easy and you can speed up.

The patch which reduces the speed either because of potholes or lack of divider is once you leave Malegaon to a little before Rahuri.

I really do not understand why Shirdi being a religious place with thousands of devotees coming everyday why can't Govt have the roads properly maintained.

Overall Maharashtra roads slow you down and MP roads allow you to catch speed.

From my Pune place to Indore its 620 kms. I started at 6:45 am and reached Indore at 7:45 pm. Nearly 1 hour was wasted because of some minor accident.

Most of the time I try to keep the speed below 80kmph. At few times I was near 95-100 kmph on Agra highway.

Indore-Ujjain-Unhel-Nagda-Jaora.

This road is excellent overall. Without a divider but wide enough and excellent quality. Its a toll road, distance is 150 kms and it took me 3 hours to cover the same.

Road in the Ujjain city are traffic infested and in poor shape. I scraped my Vista's chassis on a pothole.

Last edited by amit_purohit20 : 9th March 2014 at 21:30.
Old 10th March 2014, 17:34   #101
BHPian

" Originally Posted by pjbiju
A question to people who have travelled to Indore via Shirdi-Malegaon. Once you join NH3 bypass at Malegaon, at the first toll which comes after about 44km, you are asked to pay Rs. 115 as toll. And after about 28km from there you pay the next toll which is Rs. 50. Why are they charging Rs. 115 for 44km? Should not the toll be much lesser for folks joining NH3 from Malegaon? While traveling in the reverse direction (i.e., Indore to Pune), they tell you that the toll of Rs. 115 is valid through the next toll if you continue towards Nashik. But what about people who leave NH3 at Malegaon? Is there an option to pay lesser toll? "

I asked this question once at the Dhule Toll (Rs 115). They told me that while coming from Indore People from Surat Via Nandurbar join NH3 at Songir Toll (Rs 50) and hence they are charging the same at the place. Also traffic from Surat via Sakri joins NH3 just before the toll. At the Dhule Toll (Rs 115) is partly charged for both the sides and if you continue towards Nashik you can get full waiver there. Its not possible technically to include/exclude Malegaon Chowkdi at this junction and hence this.

At Chandwad, i paid three tolls with 05-10 Kms. I came from Shirdi and just before NH3 paid a toll, On Nh3 paid a smaller 20 Rs toll (now its 30) and then just crossed towards Sakri (going to Saptshringi) paid another toll. This happened cuz all the Road projects are under different governments and toll operators and we are paying the price for it.

Old 11th March 2014, 04:37   #102
BHPian

i am planning a trip from pune to mhow end of march. welcome suggestions for the route to be taken for day time travel. prefer to make the trip in one day.
Old 16th March 2014, 17:16   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakkher View Post
i am planning a trip from pune to mhow end of march. welcome suggestions for the route to be taken for day time travel. prefer to make the trip in one day.
i will be taking the same route as taken by amit purohit. hoping for a pleasant journey to my Alma Mater, the Military College of Telecommunication Engineering, Mhow
deepakkher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 05:23   #104
BHPian

took the route suggested by amit purohit. left Pune at about 5.15 am and was able to reach Mhow at 3.30 pm. usual breaks for breakfast and lunch(at Danials Motel, Sendhwa-good food and nice ambience) and a little stopover due to tyre puncture at the Maharashtra-MP border near Sendhwa. road conditions good except the stretch from Shirdi to Kopergaon. now planning for the return journey on the 30th
Old 19th April 2014, 14:51   #105
BHPian

Doing a road-trip in May. On my way back I was to take Indore - Mumbai. However, I am now taking a detour whereby instead of going to Mumbai, I'll aim to reach from Indore to Pune to catch up with a very good friend.

Looking at Google Maps, the shortest route it gives me is Indore - Mhow - Sendhwa - Shirpur - Malegaon (via NH3) - Manmad - Kopargaon - Sangamner - Alephata - Narayangaon - Rajgurunagar - Chakan - Pune. I understand that part of this route after leaving Malegaon is messy because of heavy traffic.

The alternative I'm presented with is a slightly longish route (about 40kms more), Indore - Burhanpur - Jamner - Sillod - Aurangabad - Waluj - Ahmednagar - Ranjangaon - Pune.

I've seen another option mentioned on this thread that goes via Shirdi - Rahuri. Not absolutely certain what route to take. I'm travelling with my wife and 3-year old, so safety and good roads are top priority.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks