Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 20:41   #196
BHPian

Hey JoshMachine, yes we did do the Pune - Indore trip over the pre holi weekend. The roads are in good shape as before nothing to worry about, in fact the approach roads to Shirdi have improved a lot from what they used to be. Pune - Bhopal should be doable without much fuss. The road between Indore - Bhopal is good as well.
somitra1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 15:30   #197
BHPian

Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Hi Guys. I am leaving for Indore tomorrow from Pune and would be following this route:
Pune - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad - Edalabad - Burhanpur - Indore

I would be driving throughout and intend to leave at 5 AM tomorrow, so that I reach indore by 5-6 pm including breaks. People who have already taken this trip recently, please shoot with your suggestions, pointers, if any. Also, any information regarding eatery joints would be appreciated.

TIA
Old 10th June 2016, 15:52   #198
BHPian

It's going to be very hot even with the AC. We did the trip from Indore to pune a few weeks back and it was through shirdi. We left at 2.30 am Indore and reached at, 1.30 pm for lunch at pune. Stopped at Kamat at shirdi for breakfast for 30 mins. Roads are mostly good.
fergus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 20:24   #199
BHPian

We completed our Pune-Indore-Pune (through Shirdi) trip last weekend. The roads were pretty decent throughout, though there were a lot of trucks. The AC kept us cool and it took us 11 hours one way including 1.5 hours of break. The only gripe was the dearth of good eatery joints, specially after Shirdi.
Old 7th July 2016, 12:26   #200
BHPian

Hi guys anyone traveled in this monsoon from Indore to Pune. What would be preferred route. How is the traffic and is it safe for day travel. thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 18:51   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Hi guys anyone traveled in this monsoon from Indore to Pune. What would be preferred route. How is the traffic and is it safe for day travel. thanks
My friend recently did the Indore-Pune stretch, and i had done it in Feb2016. My recommendation would be Indore-Ab Rd till Malegaon (fantastic Four lane rds)-Get out of the highway towards Manmad-Ahmednagae-Pune.
The stretch between Malegaon & Ahmednagar is two lane, but road conditions are pretty good. From Ahmednagar, its again four lane roads till Pune. The total dist would be 595-600Km. Perfectly doable in the daytime. i took 12hrs with 3 breaks.
Old 10th July 2016, 19:35   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
My friend recently did the Indore-Pune stretch, and i had done it in Feb2016. My recommendation would be Indore-Ab Rd till Malegaon (fantastic Four lane rds)-Get out of the highway towards Manmad-Ahmednagae-Pune.
The stretch between Malegaon & Ahmednagar is two lane, but road conditions are pretty good. From Ahmednagar, its again four lane roads till Pune. The total dist would be 595-600Km. Perfectly doable in the daytime. i took 12hrs with 3 breaks.
Thanks for the valuable inputs. Is it safe to drive on this route ? well inhabited and also eating options on this route. I am concerned about driving in monsoon on this route. Planning to travel from chittorgarh so I have two options one via ahmedabad-surat-mumbai which is a good highway another via indore-manmad-pune
Old 10th July 2016, 19:41   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the valuable inputs. Is it safe to drive on this route ? well inhabited and also eating options on this route. I am concerned about driving in monsoon on this route. Planning to travel from chittorgarh so I have two options one via ahmedabad-surat-mumbai which is a good highway another via indore-manmad-pune
Safety point of view, its definitely good in the daytime. But yes, eating joints are a problem. Though i saw a couple of them en route, they weren't encouraging. As for me, i was driving alone, and had carried lot of snacks. Hence didn't need a eating break & was confined to Nature's call breaks, which was Plentifully available in the open Hghway
Once u cross Manmad, there are lot of Dhabas especially closer to Shirdi. That would be say, 150-160Km short of Pune.
Old 10th July 2016, 20:44   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Safety point of view, its definitely good in the daytime. But yes, eating joints are a problem. Though i saw a couple of them en route, they weren't encouraging. As for me, i was driving alone, and had carried lot of snacks. Hence didn't need a eating break & was confined to Nature's call breaks, which was Plentifully available in the open Hghway
Once u cross Manmad, there are lot of Dhabas especially closer to Shirdi. That would be say, 150-160Km short of Pune.
Thanks. Also you have mentioned 12hrs with three breaks for 550-600Kms which seems on higher side generally I cover that distance in 8-10hrs. Is this distance high on traffic ?
Old 10th July 2016, 22:50   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Also you have mentioned 12hrs with three breaks for 550-600Kms which seems on higher side generally I cover that distance in 8-10hrs. Is this distance high on traffic ?
I do not cross 90-95Kmph, and the three breaks i took were of 1hr, 30mins & 20mins each. So, altogether 12hrs. U can do higher speeds as the roads are in good condition
sandeep959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 11:33   #206
BHPian

Quote:
I do not cross 90-95Kmph, and the three breaks i took were of 1hr, 30mins & 20mins each. So, altogether 12hrs. U can do higher speeds as the roads are in good condition
Thanks for valuable inputs
navdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 23:39   #207
Senior - BHPian

Travelled Pune to Manawar (43 km inside the highway, branching out from Khalghat before Indore) today.

Started at 6 am from Pune and reached Manawar at 5:30 pm. Travel time included total two and half hours of stoppages for tea, breakfast, lunch and business calls. Distance travelled: 567 km.

Drive the SX4 at 80-90 till Khalghat and at 50-60 after exiting the highway.

The drive was hasslefree. Even between Ahmednagar and Malegaon, it was comfortable in spite of two lane road.
Old 22nd July 2016, 09:26   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Travelled Pune to Manawar (43 km inside the highway, branching out from Khalghat before Indore) today.

Started at 6 am from Pune and reached Manawar at 5:30 pm. Travel time included total two and half hours of stoppages for tea, breakfast, lunch and business calls. Distance travelled: 567 km.

Drive the SX4 at 80-90 till Khalghat and at 50-60 after exiting the highway.

The drive was hasslefree. Even between Ahmednagar and Malegaon, it was comfortable in spite of two lane road.
Thanks for the latest update specially till malegaon update
Old 10th August 2016, 11:10   #209
BHPian

Hi, I am planning a Mumbai - Maheshwar - Ujjain - Indore road trip next week. While most of the posts have said the roads are good, a couple of friends from MP have advised that the roads are not too great after the monsoons and there are heavy traffic blockages. Would be grateful for any updates on road conditions. We will have a senior citizen with us, hence being extra careful. Please help.
Old 10th August 2016, 11:30   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramraman View Post
Hi, I am planning a Mumbai - Maheshwar - Ujjain - Indore road trip next week. While most of the posts have said the roads are good, a couple of friends from MP have advised that the roads are not too great after the monsoons and there are heavy traffic blockages. Would be grateful for any updates on road conditions. We will have a senior citizen with us, hence being extra careful. Please help.
If you have senior citizen on board, just carry some home food that suits them. The eateries are not that hygienic and their food contains considerable gravy, oil and spices. There are unbearable number of flies (makkhi) at every tea stall and hotel.

Other than this, you shall have a pleasant journey IMO. I travelled from Pune to Indore (Manawar, in fact) 2 weeks back, in the rainy season. No problems with the roads or traffic. I constantly drove at 80 to 90 kmph without any waste of time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks