Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2015, 18:11   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

@ Rahul Bhalgat.
Most people I know take the Pune Nagar Shirdi Dhule Indore route this takes about 10 Hrs, If you go via Aurangabad Jamner Burhanpur. Aurangabad Indore itself will be 9 to 10 Hrs.
You can also take the Aurangabad Khuldabad Dhule route which will be 8-9 Hrs.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 07:51   #182
BHPian

re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShashankM View Post
Again, thank you all for taking time out and sharing your valuable feedback.
I will update this thread with the route I will take and conditions faced on this trip.
Hi Shashank,
Did you make the trip? Which route did you finally use? How was the road journey and road conditions? How much time did it take?.I am also planning a trip to Goa with an overnight halt at Pune. Any route suggestions considering road conditions enroute will be most welcome

Last edited by ampere : 29th November 2015 at 19:31. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 24th November 2015, 13:37   #183

Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Hi fergus,

This was the route that I followed

Pune - Shirur - Rahuri - Shirdi - Yeola - Manmad - Malegaon - Dhule (NH3 all the way to Indore)

As informed by all my fellow bhpians, there was some traffic till Shirur. But from there on the traffic was not much.
However, road from Shirur to Rahuri was not good.
Also, there was single road.
From Shirdi onwards, I did not encounter much traffic.
Shirdi - Yeola road was newly made.
Yeola - Manmad patch was bit rough.
Just after Malegaon some work was going on NH3 because of which some sections had only one side of the road open for traffic.
I must say that the road was good and one can take this route to Indore.
I took almost 12 hours but I was driving slow and took couple of stops, I think if one drives consistently at 90-100 then one can easily cover the distance in 9-10 hours, may be less.
ShashankM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 21:04   #184
BHPian

Thanks Shashank for the route information. Are good restaurants available on this route and did you refuel on the way? If so, please mention the details.
Old 29th November 2015, 03:01   #185

Hi fergus, I took a heavy breakfast in Shirdi thereafter we stopped for tea only at some random place which was just ok. Refuelled at a bpcl company operated petrol pump before khalghat. After crossing khalghat I saw one 'Mp tourism joint' and 'Foodie resort' just before Dhamnod. There was a Hpcl pp just before Foodie joint.
Old 29th November 2015, 03:24   #186

Sorry for posting back to back. Mods- please merge this post with previous one.
Fergus, if you are travelling from Indore towards Pune then you will see the 'Foodie' joint and Hpcl petrol bunk just after Crossing Dhamnod. MP tourism fast food joint is in khalghat. You will see the BPCl petrol bunk after crossing the khalghat and Narmada river. I could not remember any good place until Shirdi after that.
Old 29th November 2015, 13:07   #187

Hi Shashank,

Could you put some light on roads between Jhansi and Indore. I am planning to drive from Lucknow to Pune. As is evident from your posts. Indore to Jhansi would be good. Am slightly anxious for Jhansi to Indore.
Senior BHPians suggest Jhansi-Chittorgarh-Indore but that adds too many miles. I would prefer the Jhansi-Shivpuri-Guna-Dewas Indore route (AH47)

Please suggest, if you can.

Mod Note: Please use proper punctuation and also avoid dotty posts & sms way of posting. They make it inconvenient for others to read.

Last edited by ampere : 29th November 2015 at 14:58.
gvasant is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th November 2015, 19:15   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvasant View Post
Hi Shashank,

Could you put some light on roads between Jhansi and Indore. I am planning to drive from Lucknow to Pune. As is evident from your posts. Indore to Jhansi would be good. Am slightly anxious for Jhansi to Indore.
Senior BHPians suggest Jhansi-Chittorgarh-Indore but that adds too many miles. I would prefer the Jhansi-Shivpuri-Guna-Dewas Indore route (AH47)
You can do Jhansi-Malthone-Bina-Vidisha-Bhopal-Indore. Excellent 4 lane roads from Jhansi to Malthone and Bhopal to Indore. Malthone to Bhopal is a good 2 lane road.
Landkruzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 20:17   #189

Thanks Landkruzer.
So Guna-Dewas route is bad??

Adding to my previous post, how is the Jhansi-Shivpuri-Baran-Jhalawar-Ujjain-Indore section??

If this too is good, how are the facilities on both routes?
I will be driving with my parents.

Last edited by ampere : 29th November 2015 at 20:59. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 30th November 2015, 23:53   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Landkruzer.
So Guna-Dewas route is bad??
I have never heard of that road in good condition, also it has heavy truck traffic. I had a bumpy and tiring drive when I took the shivpuri-Guna-Bhopal road few years back.

Quote:
Adding to my previous post, how is the Jhansi-Shivpuri-Baran-Jhalawar-Ujjain-Indore section??

If this too is good, how are the facilities on both routes?
I will be driving with my parents.
Jhansi-Shivpuri (completely bypassed)-Baran is very good 4 lane road. No idea about Baran-Ujjain road. Expect no decent facilities in this route.

If you are taking the Malthone route, there is a BPCL garhdhaba after lalitpur and few hotels at Bina and ofcourse plenty of options at Bhopal.
Old 1st December 2015, 12:02   #191
BHPian

Quote:
how is the Jhansi-Shivpuri-Baran-Jhalawar-Ujjain-Indore section??
Doable and shortest, while route suggested by Landkruzer is best.

Last edited by rkhare : 1st December 2015 at 12:03.
Old 22nd January 2016, 23:28   #192
BHPian

BHP'ians..

I read the whole thread. I'm actually driving down from Mysore and have to reach Indore. From Pune, i intend to take Pune-Nagar-Shirdi-Malegaon and thereafter on Mumbai-Agra highway till Indore. What the present condition of the roads? i intend to start early morning from Pune.
Old 8th March 2016, 15:06   #193
BHPian

Any latest updates on the Pune - Indore route ? I plan to travel over the pre Holi weekend.

Google maps is showing construction work in progress near Ahmednagar and between Dhule - Sendhwa.

Last edited by somitra1981 : 8th March 2016 at 15:09. Reason: Added text
Old 6th April 2016, 14:38   #194
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
IMO its not necessary to look RPM meter and shift gear though it is ideal to do so.

Shift gears without lugging engine. Lugging engine means putting strain on engine, engine mounts and transmission.

Ideal gear shifting is keeping engine RPM lowest possible without lugging engine. That way you will get higher fuel efficiency also.
So I'm right on track regarding gear shifting. Thanks for the info

A Question for MH guys:

Am leaving for Indore next month for a 15 days trip, 1st may to 15th may. Trip is through Hubli, Belgaum, Kolhapur, Pune, Nashik, Dhule and Indore. Is this route okay? Any idea regarding the road condition? total distance is around 1000kms+ one way. NH4 till Pune and NH3 from nashik to Indore. I'll have to be at Indore from 3rd to 12th. remaining days are free. Any places I can visit that time? I initially thought of hill stations, but my last week trip to coorg was a disaster. It was extremely hot there.

Thanks in advance. I didn't know in which thread to ask all these. So my apologies if this is a wrong place.

Last edited by ampere : 7th April 2016 at 07:37. Reason: Reworded the post according to question
Old 11th April 2016, 12:04   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitra1981 View Post
Any latest updates on the Pune - Indore route ? I plan to travel over the pre Holi weekend.

Google maps is showing construction work in progress near Ahmednagar and between Dhule - Sendhwa.
Hi Soumitra - so did you travel on the holi weekend? Could you please let know of the road conditions if what you saw on Google Maps is indeed the case in terms of construction going on, near Ahmadnagar and Dhule?
Am also planning to make the trip from Pune to Bhopal over the coming weekend of 16 April and hence wanted to check first-hand with you.

regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks