Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2014, 21:28   #106
BHPian

re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Doing a road-trip in May. On my way back I was to take Indore - Mumbai. However, I am now taking a detour whereby instead of going to Mumbai, I'll aim to reach from Indore to Pune to catch up with a very good friend.

Looking at Google Maps, the shortest route it gives me is Indore - Mhow - Sendhwa - Shirpur - Malegaon (via NH3) - Manmad - Kopargaon - Sangamner - Alephata - Narayangaon - Rajgurunagar - Chakan - Pune. I understand that part of this route after leaving Malegaon is messy because of heavy traffic.

The alternative I'm presented with is a slightly longish route (about 40kms more), Indore - Burhanpur - Jamner - Sillod - Aurangabad - Waluj - Ahmednagar - Ranjangaon - Pune.

I've seen another option mentioned on this thread that goes via Shirdi - Rahuri. Not absolutely certain what route to take. I'm travelling with my wife and 3-year old, so safety and good roads are top priority.
Please stick to the Google Maps route. Its the best bet and yes before and after Shirdi it gets messy for a 20 kms but overall comfortable, safe and fast with good options enroute for utilities and food. The other options are all 2-laned roads with heavy traffic with exception of Jamner route, which is very much deserted in btn parts.
Old 19th April 2014, 22:57   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Doing a road-trip in May. On my way back I was to take Indore - Mumbai. However, I am now taking a detour whereby instead of going to Mumbai, I'll aim to reach from Indore to Pune to catch up with a very good friend.

Looking at Google Maps, the shortest route it gives me is Indore - Mhow - Sendhwa - Shirpur - Malegaon (via NH3) - Manmad - Kopargaon - Sangamner - Alephata - Narayangaon - Rajgurunagar - Chakan - Pune. I understand that part of this route after leaving Malegaon is messy because of heavy traffic.

The alternative I'm presented with is a slightly longish route (about 40kms more), Indore - Burhanpur - Jamner - Sillod - Aurangabad - Waluj - Ahmednagar - Ranjangaon - Pune.

I've seen another option mentioned on this thread that goes via Shirdi - Rahuri. Not absolutely certain what route to take. I'm travelling with my wife and 3-year old, so safety and good roads are top priority.
Even the hard-core Pune-Nashik highway lover will not take the NH50 between Pune & Sangamaner which is one of the most congested roads to drive in. Instead, I always recommend the route Kopargaon-Shirdi-Rahuri-Ahmednagar-Pune, which is fast & good. Now you can even bypass Ahmednagar when coming from Shirdi.

Please avoid Sangamaner-Pune
Old 20th April 2014, 09:04   #108
BHPian

There is a small stretch of a few Kms near Kopargaon, before Shirdi which is terrible and full of large craters. It was so when I travelled last December. I remember someone mentioning a detour in one of these threads. Do check it out.
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:30   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Even the hard-core Pune-Nashik highway lover will not take the NH50 between Pune & Sangamaner which is one of the most congested roads to drive in. Instead, I always recommend the route Kopargaon-Shirdi-Rahuri-Ahmednagar-Pune, which is fast & good. Now you can even bypass Ahmednagar when coming from Shirdi.

Please avoid Sangamaner-Pune
Noted! As always, words are not enough to thank for your immense contribution to my drive plan. Cheers!
Old 23rd April 2014, 12:02   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now you can even bypass Ahmednagar when coming from Shirdi.
HVK,

Is this the bypass you were referring to?

Route Link

Or is there a new one that has come up?
Old 23rd April 2014, 12:07   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
HVK,

Is this the bypass you were referring to?

Route Link

Or is there a new one that has come up?
Yes, that saves the trouble of wading through Ahmednagar town
Old 23rd April 2014, 12:18   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, that saves the trouble of wading through Ahmednagar town
Thanks. Had driven through last year. Since you mentioned, I just thought if there is any new one that has come up.

Yes this saves a lot. On the Pune-Nagar road there is clear sign at this exit stating Shirdi.
Old 19th May 2014, 04:45   #113
BHPian

Will be leaving for Pune in a day or two.

What route is the best suggested for Indore-Pune.

Also, while coming back (on 23rd) would like to visit Shirdi too.
Suggestions for this route?
Old 19th May 2014, 07:11   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shekhar View Post
Will be leaving for Pune in a day or two.

Route 1
Indore - dhule - nashik - pune
Indore - dhule -> awesome roads , four lane throughout , sparse traffic .
Dhule - nashik -> via narayangaon , four lane good roads with moderate traffic
Nashik -pune -> road condition is good .. Two lane roads .. Heavy traffic .. Last 50 kms four lane .

Route 2
Indore - dhule - malegaon - shirdi - ahmednagar - pune

Indore - dhule - malegaon -> great 4 lane roads .. Sparse traffic , can do 3 digit speeds .
Malegaon - shirdi -> two lane road , sparse traffic .. Last 10-15 kms while approaching shirdi is bad roads with heavy traffic
Shirdi - ahmednagar -> 10-15 kms bad roads with heavy traffic while leaving shirdi .. Rmaining 4 lane loads with moderate traffic .. Can do 90-100 .. May get struck in ahmednagar due to bottleneck.
Ahmednagar - pune -> superb 4 lane . Moderate traffic .

You can take the either route . People will suggest you to take the shirdi route . I have done both and I like both the routes .. You can also try both of them on your onward and return journey . Start timing from Indore is crucial .. If you start at 4 am from Indore , you can easily be at pune by 2 pm with 2-3 food and fuel stops ..

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 19th May 2014, 07:37   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shekhar View Post

Its the same option. Indore-Mhow-Dhule-Malegaon-Shirdi-Nagar-Pune.

Roads around shirdi (30-40km circle) are not that great.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 17:46   #116

Folks,

Any latest update on Pune Indore route and the road condition?? Can anyone pls update me? I am planning to go for Guru Purnima on July 12th..

Thanks in advance.

Rajiv
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:51   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbajaj27 View Post
Folks,

Any latest update on Pune Indore route and the road condition?? Can anyone pls update me? I am planning to go for Guru Purnima on July 12th..

Thanks in advance.

Rajiv
Avoid Pune-Nashik NH50. Too congested.
Take Pune-Ahmednagar-Shirdi-Kopargaon-Manmad-Malegaon-Dhule. Road rough around Shirdi, but rest OK.
Rest of the route is outstanding 4-laned road
Old 14th September 2014, 07:05   #118
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I am planning a 4-nights trip by road to Indore (my first trip ever to the city). Will base my stay in Indore (3-nights) and do day excursions to the nearby places. 4th night I have kept as float and can stay en-route back to Pune, depending on the itinerary.

I look forward to visit following places:
  1. Ujjain,
  2. Patalpani,
  3. Maheshwar
  4. Omkareshwar,
  5. Mandu,
  6. Any other place suggested?
Can you help me fix the route/itinerary for this and how can I plan these excursions? I will be driving Safari and likely hire local cabs/autos for local sight seeing and excursions to congested areas.

tia,
-BJ
Old 18th September 2014, 19:53   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
I am planning a 4-nights trip by road to Indore...help me fix the route/itinerary...
Any tips guys on route planning?. My trip is starting in about 2-weeks from now.

tia,
-BJ
Old 19th September 2014, 11:31   #120
BHPian

Malegaon-dhule-indore is beautiful 4 lane road , so no issues it is stright forward with zero turns only question , from pune to Malegaon-dhule
First option is
Pune-Nagar-shirdi-rahata-manmad-malegaon , this is normal route everybody follows
80%-85% road is good , only few patches near shirdi-rahata are bad.
Till Nagar no issues, nagar-shirdi also good , shirdi-manmad - some bad stretch -
Manmad-malegaon - not bad, easily doable.

second option
Pune-narayangaon-sangamener-nasik-malegaon
This is longer and till Nasik it is single lane with 4-5 ghats sections but no toll on this road.

Third option
Pune-panvel-shil phata-kalyan-mumbra bypass-igatpuri-nasik-malegaon-dhule
This is some 100 km longer but beautiful road throughout till nasik-malegaon
Most costly route as you need to pay heavy toll on this , express way till panvel and then again Thane-nasik toll.

so better option is first one which everyone means all tours/travel operator follows
pune-nagar-shirdi-mamad-malegaon-dhule-shirpur-indore

all 4 lane with moderate toll and good road
i doubt if it is feasible to do it in one day , better to halt at Dhule and start next morning from Dhule to Indore.
sandeep joshi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks