Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:37   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Hello All,

Would be going from Pune to Indore on 27th October and intend to take the below route. Would be travelling with 2 kids in tow - 5 and 10 year old.

Pune > Manmad > Malegaon > Dhule > Indore.

Have following questions:
- Any other better route?
- Suggestions for halts in between with good, hygienic eating joints
- Road conditions and approx time it would take for the journey based on any recent travels by members.

Cheers,
Amit
Old 5th October 2016, 16:47   #212

Hello All,

I am also planning Pune to Indore trip on 27'th Oct. I plan to start at 3PM in the afternoon. Just wanted to check the feasibility of reaching shirdi by 7:30 PM and proceeding to Indore thereafter. Would the experts advise this start time or delay it to @3AM on 28th Oct .

Thanks in Advance.
Old 9th October 2016, 10:55   #213
BHPian

I had taken the Pune-Shirdi - Malegaon route about 2 years back. The stretch at Kopergaon was very bad with huge craters. I had taken the return route was via Mumbai and hence was a breeze being an all through route on NH3, though longer by about 150kms.

BTW, MSMM, making it to Shirdi by 7.30 seems achievable. Don't see a challenge there.

I too plan to take a trip to Indore shortly and am keen to know the latest info on state of the road via Shirdi. Any experiences on the route via Nashik?

Last edited by sunny13 : 9th October 2016 at 11:01.
Old 9th October 2016, 15:55   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Hello All,

Would be going from Pune to Indore on 27th October and intend to take the below route. Would be travelling with 2 kids in tow - 5 and 10 year old.

- Road conditions and approx time it would take for the journey based on any recent travels by members.

Cheers,
Amit
Amit, this is the best route..
Regarding eating joints you have Kamat's around Shridi. Unfortunately after Shridi all the way till Khalghat you dont have any good eating places
Approximate journey time will be between 10-12 hrs
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 16:12   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMM View Post
Hello All,

I am also planning Pune to Indore trip on 27'th Oct. I plan to start at 3PM in the afternoon. Just wanted to check the feasibility of reaching shirdi by 7:30 PM and proceeding to Indore thereafter. Would the experts advise this start time or delay it to @3AM on 28th Oct .

Thanks in Advance.
MSMM Leaving it a 3 PM depends on which part of Pune you are starting from. If you manage to reach near Wagholi on Nagar Road by 3 PM then you have a chance of reaching Shirdi by 730 PM. Main roadblocks will be evening traffic on the stretch between Pune and Shirur
If you start early in the morning in my opinion it will be better
Old 10th October 2016, 15:24   #216

Thanks for Response mm403 and sunny13.
I will be starting from Ghorpudi near Milkha singh Sports complex.
Based on the suggestions will try tom ove the start to 2:00 PM else start at 3:30 AM on 28th.

Thank you once again for response
MSMM
Old 16th October 2016, 12:37   #217
BHPian

Another observation - The stretch passing Shirdi is crowded with too many tourists on the road. Is there a way to bypass shirdi. I am sure that will save good 20-30 min.
Old 27th October 2016, 11:48   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
Another observation - The stretch passing Shirdi is crowded with too many tourists on the road. Is there a way to bypass shirdi. I am sure that will save good 20-30 min.
Any recent experiences or suggestions would help, Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 18:15   #219
BHPian

I will be travelling to Dhule using below route on 29th Oct. I will update on road condition the day after

Pune > A'nagar > Shirdi > Manmad > Malegaon > Dhule.
Old 28th October 2016, 09:35   #220
Senior - BHPian

Dear Amit,

Did you make this trip? How are the road conditions? I am more interested in the road condition between Rahuri and Kopargaon. Usually 25-30 km between this stretch used to be in terrible condition with huge craters. If all goes well, I am planning to start for Indore tomorrow morning (by 4 a.m. or so)

Thanks,
Biju

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Hello All,

Cheers,
Amit
Old 30th October 2016, 11:16   #221
BHPian

I travelled 2 days back. Heres my feedback-
Route taken - Pune - Ahmednagar - Shirdi - Manmad- Dhule -Indore

The road before reaching nagar cutting left to Shirdi was pretty horrific for quite a few kms. It was pretty uneven and completely devoid of metal. It was a labelled as NH and I was a bit taken aback with its condition. This added a delay of at least 45 min.

Rest of the trip was fine. Once you reach national highway before Malegaon , its a breeze right upto Indore. That's about 345 kms covered in 4.5 hrs. The earlier 275 kms took 9 hrs. All in all, with 2 breaks, 2 traffic jams and the above mentioned hurdles it took me 13 hrs to traverse 625 odd kms.
On my return back, I want to avoid the bad stretch near Shirdi. Would appreciate suggestions of alternatives to circumvent it.
Old 4th November 2016, 15:02   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Dear Amit,

Did you make this trip? How are the road conditions? I am more interested in the road condition between Rahuri and Kopargaon. Usually 25-30 km between this stretch used to be in terrible condition with huge craters. If all goes well, I am planning to start for Indore tomorrow morning (by 4 a.m. or so)

Thanks,
Biju
No Biju was not able to do this trip.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 18:02   #223
BHPian

I am in two (or three ?) minds on my trip back from Indore to Pune. i.e.. via Shirdi or Nashik. The shirdi route has its share of issues. The other route on Nashik is a "mixed bag" as per another thread from a fellow member posted on 3rd october. The third alternative is NH3 via kalyan. Again there seems to be a traffic bottleneck there too. Now I am in a dilemma. Now, possibly the heart will over :( . I am taking the trip tomorrow morning.
Old 4th November 2016, 18:38   #224
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
I am in two (or three ?) minds on my trip back from Indore to Pune. i.e.. via Shirdi or Nashik. The shirdi route has its share of issues. The other route on Nashik is a "mixed bag" as per another thread from a fellow member posted on 3rd october. The third alternative is NH3 via kalyan. Again there seems to be a traffic bottleneck there too. Now I am in a dilemma. Now, possibly the heart will over :( . I am taking the trip tomorrow morning.

Frankly no route is going to be hassle free. I regularly travel to Dhule so I can vouch for that. Recently I took the sangamner-chandvad route. The roads post sangamner were excellent. I followed google maps at night. So you will have to continue for around 45kms after malegaon towards nashik and take a left immediately after the chandvad ghat. Sangamner is about 90kms from there. Sangamner-pune is a mixed bag because it has 4-laning work going on. Some stretches are 4-laned and a few are still 2-laned. If you are with your family I suggest you stick to the shirdi-nagar route.
Btw the SH and village roads between chandvad and sangamner are excellent.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 13:55   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Frankly no route is going to be hassle free. I regularly travel to Dhule so I can vouch for that. Recently I took the sangamner-chandvad route. The roads post sangamner were excellent. I followed google maps at night. So you will have to continue for around 45kms after malegaon towards nashik and take a left immediately after the chandvad ghat. Sangamner is about 90kms from there. Sangamner-pune is a mixed bag because it has 4-laning work going on. Some stretches are 4-laned and a few are still 2-laned. If you are with your family I suggest you stick to the shirdi-nagar route.
Btw the SH and village roads between chandvad and sangamner are excellent.

Asit
Thanks, I missed this post I guess since I had already started off by then early 4th Nov. Yes, my intuition too led me to take the Shirdi Nagar route. It wasn't a surprise as I was prepared for the glitches on the way. I started early at about 5.15 AM and reached the NH3 turn post Malegaon towards Shirdi by about 10.40 approx. , after a 40 min break. That was about 340 kms off Indore. Post that there were a few pockets of traffic in townships of Manmad, Shirdi and of course in the villages about 50 kms off pune. The worst part on this route currently is the 10 kms stretch of bad roads about 40 kms after passing Shirdi. Thats the one which takes the toll on time and effort. Another 1 hr of break post this bad stretch. I reach home at Wakad by 5.40 PM.

Most Viewed