Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2012, 20:35   #151
BHPian

re: Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I meant this location
To avoid this, we shall take the elevated tollway. This place comes near to Jalahalli if I'm not wrong and that is very much crowded. Thats one traffic jam out of the way I suppose

Quote:
Then I have not been there for long ! I only saw a bus!
Jeep in the last attachment
This was the jeep I was talking about. Sorry wasn't able to post earlier as I was on the mobile app.

Quote:
Thats where most people park. Ensure that you dont any major valuables in the car.
I meant the usual precautions.
I've been to Hogenakkal falls. There also we had to park somewhere before going to the falls. Although quite a lot of tourists were there and my car had sunfilms back then so one couldn't peep inside. Now everything can be seen clearly. Hope it wont be a problem then.

Quote:
Kanakpura is a better option for food. There is a Udupi upachar which opens in the morning. Another one called Gokul is good for lunch.
Wow great to know this. We have planned not to have lunch as we shall be carrying some food from home. Definitely planning on a good breakfast.

Thanks for the help Ampere. Really appreciate it.
Old 10th October 2012, 20:42   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
To avoid this, we shall take the elevated tollway. This place comes near to Jalahalli if I'm not wrong and that is very much crowded. Thats one traffic jam out of the way I suppose
I think this signal is just before the elevated road when you are driving from Bangalore.
So if you are driving from Nelamangala toward Bangalore, you will get off the elevated road and directly land at this signal.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 21:05   #153
BHPian

Quote:
I think this signal is just before the elevated road when you are driving from Bangalore.
Perhaps you are talking of the signal right in front of Vivanta or maybe the signal before that. This and the one after the Yeshwantpur circle flyover are the two bottlenecks plaguing that road. Once the Metro work gets done hopefully that should solve the problem
Old 11th October 2012, 06:48   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Have few queries,

Heard somewhere that Kids are not allowed for this tour, is that true?
How long the tour takes
1km bad stretch, is it fine to go with a Sedan

Thanks in adv
I took an A STar AT there. it is perfectly fine. The road is full of stones, i.e., almost like somebody put the stones there before they put asphault and forgot to run a roller on it. There is no slush or anything of that sort.

The tour takes about an hour an half if you plan to visit the field.

I would recommend this place if you have never been to one.

No idea about kids. But the group that accompanied us had a kid with them and there were no problems I guess.

Last edited by sumannandy : 11th October 2012 at 06:49.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 17:01   #155
BHPian

Has anyone been to Mekedatu recently? How are the roads there? A friend and I are planning on a single day bike trip and we do not want to go anywhere on Mysore Road or NH7 due to the ongoing protests.

Another option we were considering is B R Hills. Anyone who has one been there recently please update the road condition.
Old 11th October 2012, 17:41   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Has anyone been to Mekedatu recently?
Parthasarathig should have gone today. Lets wait for his comments. Roads are mostly good.
Its only a question of how much water would be there.
Old 19th October 2012, 12:47   #157
BHPian

Forgot to update...We ended up going to B R Hills. Roads are excellent for riding except for a few places where it was a bit bumpy.
Old 9th March 2013, 12:21   #158
BHPian

A bit OT.

Did anyone try using onine booking facility at Bannerghatta park ? Feedback is highly appreciated

http://www.bannerghattabiologicalpark.org/ticket/
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:28   #159
BHPian

Guys,

I am visiting bangalore after 3 long years and that too for a 1 full week on company expenses. I was planning to see around a little bit as I will be driving myself and will have the car with me.

Though I have mysore in my mind already but it would be really hot right now. Any other suggestions, preferably a day drive just for the heck of it ?
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:44   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Though I have mysore in my mind already but it would be really hot right now. Any other suggestions, preferably a day drive just for the heck of it ?
Timing is too bad. It would be brown all over the place. Some suggestions:

- Devarayanadurga for a sunrise (Plan to be there by 5/5:30 AM). You can witness the sunrise, spend some time, have break fast on NH4 Kamat (Dobbaspet) and be back home 10/11.

- You can visit the temple at Melkote and then the Tonnur lake on your way to Mysore. Visit these places and drive to Srirangapatna and continue to Mysore. Again an early drive would be good as its going to be hot.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd April 2013 at 21:44.
Old 30th April 2013, 09:41   #161
BHPian

How is the Mekedatu-Sangama this time of the year? Is there water now or very dry?

Quick answer will be appreciated.

Any other places for a day picnic where there are shaded trees, water body, and kids can play around?
Old 30th April 2013, 10:37   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Quick answer will be appreciated.
I think it should be quite dry. I don't expect much water now. I also doubt if there would be any greenery as well.
Old 30th April 2013, 11:10   #163
BHPian

One can go to the Laxmi Temple/Golden Temple at Vellore too for a day trip. Banagalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore route. Fantastic roads. ample opportunities to stretch ur legs on this road. Did it once with family. Beautiful temple. Started at abt 7 am and were back home by abt 9 pm.
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:25   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
One can go to the Laxmi Temple/Golden Temple at Vellore too for a day trip. Banagalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore route. Fantastic roads. ample opportunities to stretch ur legs on this road. Did it once with family. Beautiful temple. Started at abt 7 am and were back home by abt 9 pm.
The fun of visiting the golden temple is at night, as they have very good lighting. Though you can visit the temple no doubt. But for the lighting treat, one may have to spend the night at Vellore. Or drive back late.
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:28   #165
BHPian

Quote:
I think it should be quite dry. I don't expect much water now. I also doubt if there would be any greenery as well.
Thank you for the tip. We eventually went to Devarayanadurga. We spent some time at the Naamada Chilume which was not very green but okay, not too bad either.

Most Viewed