Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2015, 06:23   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Where exactly is this? We saw a couple of temples (and a house?) on top of the cliff. Is this place behind that? How does one get there?
When you face the temple after climbing the steps there should be a narrow path on your right. You may have to beat couple of bushes in rainy season as this location is not known to most public.
Old 29th May 2015, 00:03   #227
BHPian

re: Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore

Has anyone been to Muthathi recently? A couple of buddies and I are planning to go on a ride to Muthathi this weekend and wanted to know the condition of the road from Sathanur to Muthathi.
Old 1st June 2015, 15:38   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Has anyone been to Muthathi recently? A couple of buddies and I are planning to go on a ride to Muthathi this weekend and wanted to know the condition of the road from Sathanur to Muthathi.
Sathanur to Muthathi is good with some section being broken.

Quote:
Eventually only two of us turned up for today's ride out of the five that were supposed to go. The other riders dropped out like a pack of cards one after the other. I met up with Sojogator at the NICE Road-Kanakapura Raod exit at 5:45 AM and we made good progress from there till Mekadattu. The roads were mist laden at some places and were pretty much empty. Sojo was leading the way on his big green mean machine and I as usual was playing the catching up game.
Nice update there. (I forked this discussion to this thread for continuity on route updates). Can you update on which route you took from Mekedattu to Muthathi. I could only trace the Sathanur option. While coming back from Muthathi we could not spot the road to Mekedattu which goes along the river. Did you guys take that road? I mean : this

Last edited by ampere : 1st June 2015 at 15:41.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 16:57   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Did you guys take that road? I mean : this
This is the road we took and just so that everyone is aware, the roads are doable until you reach the forest check post. After that the roads are absolutely bad. There are a lot of deep potholes and loose gravel throughout and if you have a low chassis vehicle you are sure to get the vehicle damaged. The only reason to take this route would be for the scenery and the calm surrondings. I'd rather advise anyone to take the Halaguru-Muthathi road anyday.
Thanks Ampere! We actually traced our way back from Mekadattu to almost around 10-12 kilometers (towards Kanakapura) and once we reached the first big village we turned a left. There is "V" junction at this point with one road leading to Kanakapura and the other leading to Muthathi. We did have the river flowing to our left and we could see it at some places. I guess this was the Sangama - Muthathi Road as shown in your map.
Old 2nd June 2015, 07:17   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is "V" junction at this point with one road leading to Kanakapura and the other leading to Muthathi. We did have the river flowing to our left and we could see it at some places. I guess this was the Sangama - Muthathi Road as shown in your map.
Thats the exact doubt. Google map says the Sangam-Muthathi road starts right at Mekedattu point. And you mentioned, you had to go 10-12km back to exit the Kanakpura road.

In my case, while driving from Muthathi towards Sathanur, we never spotted any exit for Mekedattu. Hence my confusion about where exactly is that road parallel to river; the one that is marked in the maps? Perhaps its a mud road which exits out from the Muthathi-Sathanur road, which I missed to spot.
Old 2nd June 2015, 19:21   #231
BHPian

My friend went to Muthathi this Sunday; he went via Kanakpura road to Halaguru and took a left from there. According to him, the road all the way was good.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 2nd June 2015 at 19:23.
Old 2nd June 2015, 19:58   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
My friend went to Muthathi this Sunday; he went via Kanakpura road to Halaguru and took a left from there. According to him, the road all the way was good.
Halagur-Muthathi section is good (as your friend mentioned). That is the default route what most people take to Muthathi. Muthathi-Sathanur has quite many rough bits. And I am yet to find and use the Muthathi-Mekadattu stretch.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd June 2015 at 20:04.
Old 8th June 2015, 15:43   #233
BHPian

Thought I would share information which would help everybody plan their Drives around Bangalore. Attaching an Excel sheet here. This sheet has information like Places around Bangalore, Distance, other places nearby, ideal no. of days, Route, Place type, direction to take, Road condition, Food and Lodge availability, etc.

Not sure who I should credit for this great compilation. I was passed on this by another colleague. Sharing it for the greater good.

Hope you all would find it helpful.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Places_to_visit_near_Bangalore.xls (55.5 KB, 7645 views)
vincyf1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 16:45   #234
BHPian

Wish if the thread initiator or mod collated all the data and updated the first post. WOuld be really helpful for finding all the weekend getaway spots in one post.

Coming back to the topic, the following places around Kolar can be covered in a day drive:
  • Kotilingeshwara Temple
  • Kolaramma Temple
  • Someshvara temple, Mulabagilu
  • Sri Anjaneya Swamy Temple, Mulbagal
  • Bangaru Tirupathi
  • Avani Ramalingeshwara Temple
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 23:47   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Wish if the thread initiator or mod collated all the data and updated the first post. WOuld be really helpful for finding all the weekend getaway spots in one post.
That would quite difficult, because some one needs to take that ownership and compile. Hence its a thread with collected effort. Of course one will need to search.

Quote:
Coming back to the topic, the following places around Kolar can be covered in a day drive:
  • Kotilingeshwara Temple
  • Kolaramma Temple
  • Someshvara temple, Mulabagilu
  • Sri Anjaneya Swamy Temple, Mulbagal
  • Bangaru Tirupathi
  • Avani Ramalingeshwara Temple
Even I have been looking at that circuit for some time. Need to pick a nice day with less sun. It tends to get quite hot during noon. Also temple visiting hours need to be kept in mind.

Last edited by ampere : 8th June 2015 at 23:49.
Old 10th June 2015, 14:17   #236
BHPian

Planning to BRHills during the coming weekend, heard someone mentioning that the Kanakpura Road towards Nanjangud is broken in between and one needs to take a detour of 20kms. Could someone please confirm on this ?

Thanks in Advance.
Rajesh
Old 10th June 2015, 14:25   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Planning to BRHills during the coming weekend, heard someone mentioning that the Kanakpura Road towards Nanjangud is broken in between and one needs to take a detour of 20kms.
Yes Rajesh. You will have to take a detour since bridge near Mallavalli is closed for repair.

I had traveled to BR hills two week back, you can check the route I took here.

You can find BR hill specific route updates here.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 14:29   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
That would quite difficult, because some one needs to take that ownership and compile. Hence its a thread with collected effort. Of course one will need to search.

Even I have been looking at that circuit for some time. Need to pick a nice day with less sun. It tends to get quite hot during noon. Also temple visiting hours need to be kept in mind.
I would suggest you to leave your home in bangalore by 3 -3 30 PM so that you can comfortably reach bangaru tirupati by 5 PM (considering traffic). Temples generally open by 5PM.

Or try to leave home early say by 5 AM so that you can reach the temple in kolar by 7 AM. This way you can avoid bangalore traffic.

Last edited by suresh_gs : 10th June 2015 at 14:31.
Old 15th June 2015, 16:18   #239
BHPian

I have been planning to visit four attractions in Mysore road for some time. But weekend work is playing the spoilsport. Need input whether the following can be covered in a day, and what is the best time to start:
  • Shanmukha Temple, Rajarajeshwari Nagar
  • Dwadasha Jyothirlinga (Omkar Hills)
  • Big Banyan Tree (Dodda Aalada Mara)
  • Daddamallur Aprameya Krishna Temple
Old 15th June 2015, 19:21   #240
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I have been planning to visit four attractions in Mysore road for some time. But weekend work is playing the spoilsport. Need input whether the following can be covered in a day, and what is the best time to start:
I'd say start early, try to reach Shanmukha temple first around 7.30am. Having gone so far you may want to visit the Nimishamba temple on the way (inside RR Nagar) as well as the Rajarajeshwari temple on your way out of RR Nagar as it is exactly on the opposite direction of Nimishamba and Shanmukha temples. (almost like a T once you enter RR Nagar from the Arch)
Not sure about Omkar Hills, but Big Banyan tree is best probably as your next stop once you get back onto Mysore Road.
I've also heard that Swaminarayan Gurukul is a very calm, serene place to visit, again on Mysore Road.

Last edited by NPV : 15th June 2015 at 19:24.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks