Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2014, 20:43   #211
BHPian

re: Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore

Some of the latest picture of Gopalswamy Betta. 28th June. The last 5KM road is toward the hill is very bad.
Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-bandipore-003.jpg
Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-bandipore-020.jpg
Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-bandipore-028.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-bandipore-021.jpg  

Last edited by arin_12 : 1st July 2014 at 20:44. Reason: Removed duplicate picture
arin_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 08:25   #212
BHPian

Hi MadMax, how was your experience at Horsley Hills? How much time did it take to reach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
We are planning a trip to Horsley hills from Bangalore on 17th August for an overnight stay at the Haritha resort there. Any travel tips would be great. 4 Adults, 1 toddler and 1 baby in a Figo.
Old 1st September 2014, 03:22   #213

I am visiting my wife and kids after 5 months abroad but only for a few days as I don't have enough leave and need to get back. I am seeking a resort near Bangalore (less than 3 hours drive) which would be great fun for two 4 year old very active boys (my kids).

Ideally we would want to see lots of animals (horses, dogs, ducks, goats); fun fishing; kids pool; fly kites; lots of space; etc.

I plan to self-drive a Tata Safari rented from Zoom.

Do you guys know of any places that matches some of my requirements around 20th September? Have been searching in vain.

I am not worried about it being expensive; as my poor wife and kids have surely earned it
Old 1st September 2014, 05:27   #214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDee View Post
I am visiting my wife and kids after 5 months abroad but only for a few days as I don't have enough leave and need to get back. I am seeking a resort near Bangalore (less than 3 hours drive) which would be great fun for two 4 year old very active boys (my kids).

Ideally we would want to see lots of animals (horses, dogs, ducks, goats); fun fishing; kids pool; fly kites; lots of space; etc.

Do you guys know of any places that matches some of my requirements around 20th September? Have been searching in vain.

I am not worried about it being expensive; as my poor wife and kids have surely earned it

Not the same kind of resorts, but have you considered Wonderla amusement parks and resorts? Don't have a personal experience, but sounded like great fun for the kids last time I heard about this place!

Have always known the amusement park is one of the best in South India, but I guess the resorts are a recent addition.
Old 1st September 2014, 10:28   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Tough to get all of this together and close to Bangalore

My suggestion would be:
1. Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp (100 kms from Bangalore) (No fishing though)
2. Wonderla

The kids would love Wonderla.
Old 11th September 2014, 13:00   #216
BHPian

Please suggest a good resort for a family day outing nearby Bangalore. No kids, 6 adults in the group. Planning on 02-Oct-2014.
Old 11th September 2014, 13:06   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

For animals, Mysore zoo is the only decent place closer to Bangalore. Bandipur is further away, but sighting animals is completely dependent on your luck.
The bannerghatta one is a farce in the name of a zoological park, with small cages and dull animals (I pity them for being here).
For entertainment, as suggested by others, wonder-la is a good option. You could do Mysore zoo first, then while returning check into wonder-la for the night, enjoy the next day and check out in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Please suggest a good resort for a family day outing nearby Bangalore. No kids, 6 adults in the group. Planning on 02-Oct-2014.
Yelagiri hills, around 130 kms from Bangalore. Nice place to relax, but nothing else to do except for boating and a small botanical park.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 19:23   #218
BHPian

Hi guys, need some info on Avalabetta; saw an article about it in the web and looked worth a day-trip. The route is this

Did anybody recently visit this place? I am wondering whether the road from NH7 to the hilltop is drivable for a small hatch with 4 adults. also, since there'll be ladies, need to know about restroom & food availability and general safety of the vicinity.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 19:38   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did anybody recently visit this place? I am wondering whether the road from NH7 to the hilltop is drivable for a small hatch with 4 adults. also, since there'll be ladies, need to know about restroom & food availability and general safety of the vicinity.
Read this here for the first time. Thanks for the find. But somehow I am aware of this location. At best I can venture out a guess:

- NH7 around BLR-HYD itself is deserted for food. So you can assume no availability in these regions.
- Tried some google on the same. I found that you need to drive till Peresandra on the NH7. Thats where you exit out. Its about 15km from there.
- To summarise the place should be green but only this patch. Regions beyond Chikkaballapur tend to get dry as you push towards AP border.
- And assume no facilities
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 19:55   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, need some info on Avalabetta; saw an article about it in the web and looked worth a day-trip. The route is this

We recently did a Sunday morning ride to Avalabetta. Not much to see there apart from a small temple and a guest-house of sorts. You can climb on to the terrace of the guest house to get some nice fresh air, landscape and photos.

The roads are nice all the way to the hill top. The route is straight forward and you can just follow google maps. You will have to take a left from NH7. The point is a little tricky as at this junction the NH7 has an underpass. So you will have to get off the NH on to the service road, approach the junction above the underpass and take a left turn. Continue on to Mandikal and from there to Avalabetta. Once you pass Mandikal, the boards are present but only in Kannada.

Regarding food and facilities, about 4-5 km before you take the above mentioned left turn, you will find Kamat to your left.

Related thread and post are here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3694143
Added_flavor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 19:58   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
We recently did a Sunday morning ride to Avalabetta. Not much to see there apart from a small temple and a guest-house of sorts. You can climb on to the terrace of the guest house to get some nice fresh air, landscape and photos.

The roads are nice all the way to the hill top. The route is straight forward and you can just follow google maps. You will have to take a left from NH7. The point is a little tricky as at this junction the NH7 has an underpass. So you will have to get off the NH on to the service road, approach the junction above the underpass and take a left turn. Continue on to Mandikal and from there to Avalabetta. Once you pass Mandikal, the boards are present but only in Kannada.

Regarding food and facilities, about 4-5 km before you take the above mentioned left turn, you will find Kamat to your left.

Related thread and post are here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3694143
Thanks for the reply; so I take it that the road to hill top is drivable for a small hatch.
Old 19th May 2015, 19:59   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, need some info on Avalabetta; saw an article about it in the web and looked worth a day-trip. The route is [/url]

I visited this place a few months with my friends on our bikes. It is a nice bike ride. The only facility you have between Bangalore and this place is Chikballapur Kamath. Actually there is a guesthouse at the top of Avalabetta but you need to book through Forrest department. There is hardly anyone at the top and guest house facilities may not be available especially if there is someone occupying it.

In short, the answer to your question is Yes, it is drivable in a small hatch with 4 adults but not a good place for ladies as restroom availability is suspect and there is no food.
hondadude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 19:59   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply; so I take it that the road to hill top is drivable for a small hatch.
Yes it is. You might find it a little narrow in a few places, but there's no traffic at all and no cause of worry.
Added_flavor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 22:23   #224
BHPian

I went there about 4 years ago. Place gets crowded during local festivals.
If possible try to go behind the temple. you can see a rock formation coming out over the cliff. Dangerous place with children, so be careful.
Attached Thumbnails
Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img_2527.jpg  

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img_2522.jpg  

Old 19th May 2015, 22:42   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
I went there about 4 years ago. Place gets crowded during local festivals.
If possible try to go behind the temple. you can see a rock formation coming out over the cliff. Dangerous place with children, so be careful.
Where exactly is this? We saw a couple of temples (and a house?) on top of the cliff. Is this place behind that? How does one get there?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks