Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 09:01   #46
BHPian

I would be traveling to wayanad this weekend with friends and family. Would start friday 5AM. Have booked Pepper Green Village resort.

I have 2 quick questions from fellow bhp-ians.

1. Although the most popular route seems to be Bangalore -> Mysore -> Guldalpet -> Sultan battery - > Wayanad
but the resort direction say
Bangalore to PG village: Distance 260 Kms, Route - Bangalore --> Mysore Road --> Srirangapattanam(from here right turn to Madikkeri) --> Hunsur (enter Hunsur town and take Nagerhole road near the bus stand) --> Nagerhole --> Kutta -->Tholpetty --> Kaattikulam

Please suggest.

2. I have been to mysore twice earlier and remember taking a route Mekhri Circle -> Hebbal (turn right) - > straight and then enter the mysore highway. This was way back in 2005. I reside near Kalyananagar in ORR. What is the best/quickest route to touch mysore road now. Good roads and accessibility to food joints/rest rooms would be of importance, sinced we would have a kid with us.
Old 9th September 2010, 11:54   #47
Team-BHP Support

For waynad, I would Gudlupet option would be in better condition because of rains.

If there is no traffic in ORR at morning take the ORR, hit Tumkur road, take the NICE road and exit on to Mysore road. Thats the easiest approach.
Old 9th September 2010, 12:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Bangalore to PG village: Distance 260 Kms, Route - Bangalore --> Mysore Road --> Srirangapattanam(from here right turn to Madikkeri) --> Hunsur (enter Hunsur town and take Nagerhole road near the bus stand) --> Nagerhole --> Kutta -->Tholpetty --> Kaattikulam

Please suggest.
If you want to reach Kattikulam, then best will be Mysore - HD Kote - Cross Nagarhole Park - Kattikulam. Via Hunsur will be little longer and Kutta - Kattikulam road used to undriveable during monsoons. Remember, both these roads are open only from 6am to 6pm.

Quote:
2. I have been to mysore twice earlier and remember taking a route Mekhri Circle -> Hebbal (turn right) - > straight and then enter the mysore highway. This was way back in 2005. I reside near Kalyananagar in ORR. What is the best/quickest route to touch mysore road now. Good roads and accessibility to food joints/rest rooms would be of importance, sinced we would have a kid with us.
From Mekhri circle, better is come to Corporation Circle and take the flyover at KR Market which the direct Mysore road. ORR will be longer from Mekhri Circle. For food, you can try at Kamats after Ramanagara or there are enough options at Mandya considering ur starting at 5am.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 9th September 2010, 13:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats because this is the easiest route to get to Kuruva Dweep where the resort is located.

Quote:
If you want to reach Kattikulam, then best will be Mysore - HD Kote - Cross Nagarhole Park - Kattikulam
Definitely agree, this is a better route to do except for a few kms thru the forest.
Old 9th September 2010, 15:45   #50
BHPian

thanks riju and rajeshK...

is HD Kote = Heggadadevankote?
Old 9th September 2010, 15:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks riju and rajeshK...

is HD Kote = Heggadadevankote?
Yeah that's what it is. If you have time stop over at Beechanahalli Dam and Kabini backwaters.
Old 9th September 2010, 16:45   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
If you have time stop over at Beechanahalli Dam and Kabini backwaters.
Where would these be in the route, riju? Any other must sees in the way. We would have time while going
Old 9th September 2010, 19:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where would these be in the route, riju? Any other must sees in the way. We would have time while going
Your route would be something like

Drive towards HDKote from mysore and the route is something like Jayapura--Saalundi-- Kolgala-- HDkote--Handpost -- then find the deviation to Beechanahalli Dam(Nagarahole) . Its just a few kms from there and then once you are back on the bavali route check this post.

When you are driving along this route(as per picture on that post) you can see the kabini backwaters, once again a small detour. If you wished to, try it else keep driving towards your destination.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:08   #54
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

We got confirmation of booking in The Nest Inn, Masinagudi since Bandipur resorts were all booked. So its a 3 day 2 night plan from 24th to 26th September 2010. Shall update after the trip. Thanks for all the support.

Last edited by jacs : 22nd September 2010 at 11:10.
Old 24th September 2010, 17:53   #55
BHPian

You can use the Bangalore - Mysore - HD Kote - Kabini - Manthavady road . There is an amazing place near Banasura Dam to stay. They prepare good home made food of your choice too. It is a great place. you can PM me for the details, contact person and number. You can also use Bangalore -Mysore - Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta - Tholpetty road and this is the best driveable road. I just used this road last weekend. You get to see a lot of wildlife too. Please note that the sanctuary roads are open only from 6 AM to 6PM.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guys,

We got confirmation of booking in The Nest Inn, Masinagudi since Bandipur resorts were all booked. So its a 3 day 2 night plan from 24th to 26th September 2010. Shall update after the trip. Thanks for all the support.
Hi All,

Back from the 3 days adventure. Update about Routes.

1) Electronic City to Mysore Road - NECE Road is almost completed except the crossing in Bannarghatta road but no offroading required now. Roads are not of good quality and hispeeds tend to be dangerous due to dips and waves (no pothholes at all). Toll was 58 bucks for <30KM travel.

2) Bangalore - Mysore Road - Good condition (<2% bad stretches near the bridge etc). Watch out for the unmarked speedbreakers near Channapatna, Mandhya and Srirangapatna.

3) Mysore road to Ooty road Bypass - Good condition (some potholes are there but not an issue for even small cars)

4) Mysore - Gundulpet Road - Very rough till Nanjangud and then its a breeze since relaid recently.

5) Gundulpet - Gudallur Road - Superb for any forest. Very few pothholes. Watch out the speed breakers near animal crossing zones.

Drive from Home (Electronic City) to Resort(Mudumalai Forest Exit) was 260KMs approx (yet to calculate the logs). Never drove >100Kmph and took 5 hours excluding breaks.

Last edited by jacs : 27th September 2010 at 12:43.
Old 20th December 2010, 17:13   #57
Team-BHP Support

Re: Route query to Wayanad

Hey guys,

I am taking a trip to Wayand from Bangalore this weekend (leaving 24th morning and returning 26th morning) by my car.

What is the best route I can take?
Old 20th December 2010, 17:24   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I am taking a trip to Wayand from Bangalore this weekend (leaving 24th morning and returning 26th morning) by my car.

Where in Wayanad are you traveling to? Sultan Bathery or Kalpetta are usually done via NH212.
Old 20th December 2010, 17:29   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hey guys,

Did Bangalore -> Mysore -> Gundlupet -> Sultan battery - > Wayanad and back one week ago (Dec 11/12). Except for the Mysore-Nanjangaud stretch roads were quite good. Wanted to come back via Nagarhole but dropped we weren't sure about a 6PM check post dead-line some where in between.
Old 20th December 2010, 17:41   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Where in Wayanad are you traveling to? Sultan Bathery or Kalpetta are usually done via NH212.
whoa.. I haven't heard about Sultan Bathery yet (except in the route descriptions)!
The guys I asked said Kalpetta is the best area to stay in; so booked a cottage there.

Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Did Bangalore -> Mysore -> Gundlupet -> Sultan battery - > Wayanad and back one week ago (Dec 11/12). Except for the Mysore-Nanjangaud stretch roads were quite good. Wanted to come back via Nagarhole but dropped we weren't sure about a 6PM check post dead-line some where in between.
We will be travelling about 9am on Friday and start for Bangalore either Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Should these timings be changd due to traffic considerations? A friend is actually coming to Bangalore only by 7am on friday so can't start earlier.

Also, how much time did you take for both the journeys? I wouldn't go beyond 90-100km/hr.

Most Viewed