Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2021, 13:11   #2926
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Any latest guidelines update on Covid restrictions?
I am planning to travel from Bangalore to Mumbai on 28th July and return on 12th Aug through road.
What I gathered so far:-
1. Entering Maharashtra - Fully vaccinated individuals don't need a RTPCR test. Travelers from few States have to get their negative RTPCR test even if they have taken one shot. Not sure if Karnataka is in this list.
2. Entering Karnataka- Even a single shot of vaccine suffice.

Did any one recently crossed border?
How about individuals under 18, does these rules apply to them.
Old 26th July 2021, 19:25   #2927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaymishra View Post
Did any one recently crossed border?
How about individuals under 18, does these rules apply to them.
I had travelled from Surat to Bangalore in second week of July with my brother in law and after dropping me off he travelled back after couple of days. In both cases we had RTPCR report and first dose vaccination certificate. The rules you have mentioned are correct but in reality on ground level the police asks for RT-PCR report only. On the whole journey we were stopped only at Karnataka-Maharashtra border as well as Pune or Mumbai city bypass road the police asked for RT-PCR report. So I am not sure if vaccination certificate would be accepted in place of RT-PCR. Also the rule applies to everyone irrespective of age. However toddlers or kids under 5 are usually ignored.
On another note, you might want to watch out for the recent flood situation near Belgaum and Kolhapur area.
automachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 20:12   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
I had travelled from Surat to Bangalore in second week of July with my brother in law and after dropping me off he travelled back after couple of days.
Thank you for your feedback, given the current flood situation I have pushed my travel by few days. Also will prepare to carry RTPCR tests (under 48 hours report)
Old 29th July 2021, 10:10   #2929
bht
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
I had travelled from Surat to Bangalore in second week of July with my brother in law and after dropping me off he travelled back after couple of days. In both cases we had RTPCR report and first dose vaccination certificate. The rules you have mentioned are correct but in reality on ground level the police asks for RT-PCR report only. On the whole journey we were stopped only at Karnataka-Maharashtra border as well as Pune or Mumbai city bypass road the police asked for RT-PCR report. So I am not sure if vaccination certificate would be accepted in place of RT-PCR. Also the rule applies to everyone irrespective of age. However toddlers or kids under 5 are usually ignored.
On another note, you might want to watch out for the recent flood situation near Belgaum and Kolhapur area.
how long did it take to do Surat-->Bangalore? I'm assuming it was a single drive with no night halts.

I am planning to drive from Bangalore--> Rajkot next month and thinking if we can reach Surat in 18hrs from Bangalore.
Old 29th July 2021, 13:09   #2930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
how long did it take to do Surat-->Bangalore? I'm assuming it was a single drive with no night halts.
I have done Surat/Bardoli to Bangalore several times but mostly with overnight halt at Kolhapur or Belgaum. Even with non-stop drive and with just refreshment breaks it usually takes around 20-22 hours mostly due to slow traffic faced between Pune and Mumbai bypass roads.
automachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 15:43   #2931
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-fb_img_1627726276170.jpg

Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) new state of the art and beautiful retail outlet has been opened, located just 2 mins. drive from Hattargi Toll Plaza towards Pune (Bangalore-Pune Road, NH-4)

This Petrol Pump with beautiful natural landscape in the background has free Nitrogen air, clean toilet with all hygiene protocols and purified drinking water. Soon they will be coming up with a Cafe as well.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 21:11   #2932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaymishra View Post
Thank you for your feedback, given the current flood situation I have pushed my travel by few days. Also will prepare to carry RTPCR tests (under 48 hours report)
Travel update - RTPCR
No checks while entering Maharashtra, saw a queue of cars on the opposite side( Karnataka side)
Old 2nd August 2021, 07:50   #2933
BHPian

Hi Guys, I plan to travel from Trivandrum, Kerala to Navi Mumbai via Bangalore starting from the 6th of August. We are four people travelling for important work in a Harrier XTA. As of now, the plan is to do Trivandrum to Davanagere on (1000kms) on 6th, the first day and Davanagere to Navi Mumbai (700kms) on 7th, the second day. We are expecting to start back on 10th and is planning to take 1 - 2 days break in Lonavala / Goa if everything goes favourable.

I have seen the news that National highway is affected by floods in many places of Northern Karnataka / Southern Maharashtra and the roads are closed. I have some important work going on, so need to be connected throughout and can't take the risk of getting stuck midway. Is it advisable to travel now or do I have to reconsider the dates ? Can somebody help me with the status of the floods / climate ? It is been almost 3 years since I had travelled to the North of Davangere. How are the road conditions ? Are hotels and restaurants open through the route ?

We all have taken 1st dose vaccine and is planning to take RTPCR a day before we travel and can take it before our return travel. Will that be enough ? What will be the process in the worst case if one of us got covid affected in the midst of this journey ? Please help, any suggestions also are welcome.
Old 2nd August 2021, 08:52   #2934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
I have seen the news that National highway is affected by floods in many places of Northern Karnataka / Southern Maharashtra and the roads are closed. I have some important work going on, so need to be connected throughout and can't take the risk of getting stuck midway. Is it advisable to travel now or do I have to reconsider the dates ? Can somebody help me with the status of the floods / climate ? It is been almost 3 years since I had travelled to the North of Davangere. How are the road conditions ? Are hotels and restaurants open through the route ?
The National Highway opened for traffic few days back during last week. Hence, you can very well travel now and hotels are open all along the highway though couple of restaurants are either temporarily shut while few permanent.

Quote:
We all have taken 1st dose vaccine and is planning to take RTPCR a day before we travel and can take it before our return travel. Will that be enough ? What will be the process in the worst case if one of us got covid affected in the midst of this journey ? Please help, any suggestions also are welcome.
RTPCR is a must even with 2nd dose of vaccination if you are entering Karnataka from Kerala (during your onward) and Maharashtra (during your return) and that should not be older than 72 hours at the time of entering into the state.

If you get infected with Covid during this journey, you may have to follow the isolation and quarantine protocols defined by each state for positive cases and depending on the severity that may not always be hospitalization. Let us all hope that nothing of that sort happens and you travel with all necessary precautions and take care.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 09:57   #2935
BHPian

Drove from Mumbai ( Mulund west ) to Belgaum on 31st July 2021 and here are the road updates --

1. Mumbai--Pune Expressway -> remains excellent as always !

2. Pune -- Satara -> Pathetic state of affairs. More than 10 years now, yet the 6 lane construction is only about 80% complete. The completed stretches are also nothing great to speak of. Many potholes interspersed between the smooth (not that smooth anyhow ) lanes. Don't speed up looking at the smooth stretches ! Khambataki ghat per se remains in excellent condition though. If not for the super scenic beauty ( as in anywhere in western Maharashtra) , it is a frustrating experience to drive on Pune--Satara.

As for the Pune City bypass itself, all the above applies. You now get a direct easy left sided exit onto Bavdhan/Pashan. This is in the backdrop of Chandani chowk getting a total revamp with flyover/interchange and what not.

3. Satara--Karad--Kolhapur --Kagal -> What a relief after the last 2 hours of hell !! As always this stretch remains in excellent smooth condition alongside awesome scenic experience. I just love to drive here. Medians are itself so beautifully maintained with all the nice tall plantations. The recently flooded stretches near Kolhapur/Kagal also remain very smooth except for a negligible minimal damage. Excellent quality of road from Satara to Kagal that withstands all the brunt year after year.

4. Kolhapur--Belgaum -> Oh no ! It is no more that supersmooth that it used to be. Many big potholes on Nipani--Sankeshwar and Sankeshwar--Hattargi stretch. They are being poorly patched up and the experience is below average. The concrete stretches remain very good but tarmac ones have gone really bad. Definitely not how our perception of Kolhapur--Belgaum used to be all these last 15 years.

Overall, Mumbai--Pune Expressway and Satara--Kolhapur--Kagal are the only ones that have remained excellently intact despite all the heavy rains. I took my usual fuelling/breakfast stop at Foodmall, Mumbai--Pune expressway and a quick vada pav chai stop at a tapari at Khambatki ghat.

All those umpteen food courts / restaurants are open in Maharashtra. The very few ones that exist in Karnataka are also shut down ( temporarily ? )

There was a massive 2 km traffic snarl at Kognoli toll, Maharashtra--Karnataka border for covid checking. Took 35minutes to cross the toll. I was asked to produce my vaccination certificate ( I am a doctor and done with both doses long back ). RTPCR report was not asked, however do note that the guidelines clearly mention you should carry a RTPCR negative report that is not older than 72 hours.

Last edited by vivek95 : 2nd August 2021 at 09:59.
vivek95 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:00   #2936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The National Highway opened for traffic few days back during last week. Hence, you can very well travel now and hotels are open all along the highway though couple of restaurants are either temporarily shut while few permanent.
Thanks Parag for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Drove from Mumbai ( Mulund west ) to Belgaum on 31st July 2021 and here are the road updates --
Thanks Vivek for the detailed update on the road conditions. How was the weather ? Was it raining throughout ?
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:12   #2937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post

Thanks Vivek for the detailed update on the road conditions. How was the weather ? Was it raining throughout ?
Weather was awesome, not rainy but cloudy all throughout Foggy and drizzly on Mumbai--Pune expressway, rained heavily for about 20 minutes near Karad and near Sankeshwar. Clear elsewhere.
vivek95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:14   #2938
Senior - BHPian

Drove from Pune to Bangalore on the 31st and just escaped the mandatory RT-PCR requirement.

Pune to Kolhapur - there are holes on the road but not as bad as last year. If you are attentive and not following another vehicle too closely it can be managed safely.

Dharwad to Tumkur now has much fewer diversions than my last trip in Dec. 2020 and is so much nicer to drive. This stretch is mostly good, but there are the odd patches with huge potholes so one needs to be attentive.

Lots of on & off rain till Tumkur after which it cleared up. It took me 12.5 hours with about 4 stops including one where I had to get my wheels re-balanced at Belgaum as Shivalik Ford messed it up at the last service. This is why I normally don't opt for alignment & balancing at the dealer and it shows nothing has changed !
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 08:28   #2939
BHPian

On the Davangere to Hubli stretch only two diversions remain now,One at Motebennur and one near Chatra.I dont expect them to be completed soon too since work has stopped since many months and the contractor to seems to have packed up and left.
The new Chitradurga bypass looks to be almost ready .Access is blocked yet some local vehicles do manage to get pass the barricade.I checked on google maps the road seems to almost complete except for a railway crossing(I have circled it in red)Does anyone have any local info about that by pass if its ready and they are just waiting for official inauguration?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20210810082512__01__01.jpg  

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20210810082536__01__01.jpg  

alokn87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 20:05   #2940
Distinguished - BHPian

Just back from a trip to Dharwad. And one not-so-nice update for folks who use the Hubli-Dharwad by-pass.

Rant all you want, but we are not getting a refreshed, wider by-pass for another 6-7 years.

Yes, you read it correct. Kheni had got a 35 year contract on that by-pass. This will end in about 4-5 years. Word is that he wont get an extension on this contract / contract to build a wider by-pass. And since the old contract is still in place, no one else will work on it. So once this old contract ends, a new contract for widening can be expected.

This is the inside story. So folks, grin, grimace - what ever. We will just have to bear it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks