Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 11:46   #3541
Senior - BHPian

re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
There might be some traffic at Goraguntepalya (where the ORR meets NH4) as there is Metro construction work going on.
Ready to take the battle tomorrow evening.
Last time when I went home, I was struck in that mess for almost 1+ hr on a friday evening.

Return journey is a mess @ yeswanthpur too(Near rlwy station & Gorguntepalya)
Old 11th August 2011, 12:03   #3542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Last time when I went home, I was struck in that mess for almost 1+ hr on a friday evening.

I'm sure the mess will be there on saturday morning too. Lets see how it is. I'll probably head out tomorrow evening,
Old 11th August 2011, 22:10   #3543
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@Fauji, @addyhemmige, @KiloAlpha - Thanks so much for the valuable inputs.

A friend is traveling on Saturday to Sagar. He lives near Vijayanagar and suggested that we can meet up at Vijayanagar and take the Magadi Road route upto Kunigal (From there he will also travel on NH48 almost till Channarayapatna where he needs to take a deviation).
Is this a good route for me from Indiranagar side to go towards Mysore Road, Magadi Road or will I be better off getting to NH4 directly as planned earlier ?
Old 11th August 2011, 22:53   #3544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@Fauji, @addyhemmige, @KiloAlpha - Thanks so much for the valuable inputs.

A friend is traveling on Saturday to Sagar. He lives near Vijayanagar and suggested that we can meet up at Vijayanagar and take the Magadi Road route upto Kunigal (From there he will also travel on NH48 almost till Channarayapatna where he needs to take a deviation).
Is this a good route for me from Indiranagar side to go towards Mysore Road, Magadi Road or will I be better off getting to NH4 directly as planned earlier ?
NPV,

You can do that provided you guys leave early as the traffic, specially two wheelers will pick up after 7.30 on Magadi road and will reduce the speed as it is a two lane road. Also for threee KMs in Magadi town, the road is bad. But this road is very scenic and morning drive is definitely enjoyable.

Alternately, you guys can meet up at the ring road junction on NH 4 - opposite foreman institute. He coming from Vijayanagar and you from Indiranagar and then carry on.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 02:15   #3545
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks again @Fauji.
My bad, forgot to ask earlier:
Suggested stops for fuel and food in both directions?
Old 12th August 2011, 09:57   #3546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks again @Fauji.
My bad, forgot to ask earlier:
Suggested stops for fuel and food in both directions?
Magadi route does not have any good options for fuel and food. The Nelamangala-Kunigal route has better food options. There is a place called Shark Food Court which Fauji has suggested a few posts back. But after Kunigal, there are a couple of Cafe Coffee Days, one at Bellur Cross and the other after Channarayapatna. There is a Hotel Mayura just after Bellur Cross which serves decent food (will be crowded). There is a Kamat Upachar and another hotel called Athithi after Channarayapatna. The CCD and Kamat are located in a single complex along with an Indianoil fuel station.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 10:28   #3547
Team-BHP Support

Whatever you do, stay away from Ossur Restaurant near Sakleshpur. It looks very serene, and promises great ambiance and food quality. But they have the worst tasting food in my long experience. Last time I went there, I felt violated by such horrible food. Spoiled my mood for the rest of the driving. I had to stop again at Mayura to make amends. Rest of the Sakleshpura restaurants are also quite ordinary.

The best food is obviously at Mayura (veg) and Vidhatha (non-veg). There is another good one at Ujire, but I can't remember the name although I stop there every time. I felt Kamath Upachar to be very ordinary. Both CCDs are fine if you prefer that menu.

Last edited by Samurai : 12th August 2011 at 10:29.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 12:16   #3548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Sushrutha - Just a thought/suggestion.

Why don't you try New BEL Road - BEL Circle and then take right at BEL Circle towards Jalahalli and directly touch Tumkur Road at Jalahalli Cross signal.

I am not sure if you have tried this but works way better and one can avoid Yeshwantpur and Goreguntepalya mess completely. And moreover, its only one Signal (8th Mile/Reliance) that one has to pass on Tumkur road before getting onto the elevated section.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:20   #3549
BHPian

Hi All
Planning to do a sringer - dharmasthala - kukke trip tonight.
Just wanted to know if we can do bangalore - sringeri via chikmaglur - adlur- - balehonnur during night driving.
if not we will go first to kukke - dharmasthala - sringer. Either ways, how is the road condition between these locations..
Appriciate your response.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:39   #3550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Sushrutha - Just a thought/suggestion.

Why don't you try New BEL Road - BEL Circle and then take right at BEL Circle towards Jalahalli and directly touch Tumkur Road at Jalahalli Cross signal.

I am not sure if you have tried this but works way better and one can avoid Yeshwantpur and Goreguntepalya mess completely. And moreover, its only one Signal (8th Mile/Reliance) that one has to pass on Tumkur road before getting onto the elevated section.
Parag, I have tried that route too.
But sometimes even the traffic is held up till the railway crossing (From RNS to all the way till Railway crossing) .
God save if there's a railway crossing when the pile up happens.
I stay at South Bangalore, so I can avoid, if I take the ORR (A new one at Nayandahally is fantastic, no traffic whatsoever all the way till Gorguntepalya).
If I start from Office(Infantry Road), I'll have to use the way through Yeshwanthpura.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Hi All
Just wanted to know if we can do bangalore - sringeri via chikmaglur - adlur- - balehonnur during night driving.
if not we will go first to kukke - dharmasthala - sringer. Either ways, how is the road condition between these locations..
You can do the route at night with no issues. Road condition is fairly good now .
But now you might face some heavy rain & sometimes fog too, so be prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
There is a place called Shark Food Court which Fauji has suggested a few posts back..
I tried breakfast twice here.
Both the times I had Idly and Masala Dosey, Both were quite good.
I had it outside, at Dosa camp

Last edited by sushrutha : 12th August 2011 at 12:42.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:41   #3551
Senior - BHPian

Hope you are not planning to cover all these places tonight

Its raining pretty heavily and i dont think driving at night is sensible at all!

what you can do most is to drive down to Dharmasthala tonight, halt tonight. first thing in the morning visit the temple and later proceed to Kukke.

Quote:
Hi All
Old 12th August 2011, 12:41   #3552
BHPian

Thanks, but is it allowed to do night driving on balehonnur route unlike Bandipur route?
Old 12th August 2011, 12:45   #3553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Hope you are not planning to cover all these places tonight

Its raining pretty heavily and i dont think driving at night is sensible at all!

what you can do most is to drive down to Dharmasthala tonight, halt tonight. first thing in the morning visit the temple and later proceed to Kukke.

No, its either first to kukke or sringeri. and proceed further during day.
Suppose, if i do kukke at night, visit the temple tommorow morning, and proceed to dharmasthala and later to sringeri, how is the road condition between these two? and what is the best route to take.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:57   #3554
Senior - BHPian

Yes, you can take NH48, Shiradi is in motorable condition but it would take some time to coveing it, you will find a forest check post (gundya) take the left turn and the road is decent till kukke.

But ensure that you start atleast by 6pm, cause if your time collides with the bus timings then you will have a tough time. best time to reach sakleshpura is about 7:30pm...

Quote:
No, its either first to kukke or sringeri. and proceed further during day.
Suppose, if i do kukke at night, visit the temple tommorow morning, and proceed to dharmasthala and later to sringeri, how is the road condition between these two? and what is the best route to take.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:36   #3555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Parag, I have tried that route too.
But sometimes even the traffic is held up till the railway crossing (From RNS to all the way till Railway crossing) .
God save if there's a railway crossing when the pile up happens.
I stay at South Bangalore, so I can avoid, if I take the ORR (A new one at Nayandahally is fantastic, no traffic whatsoever all the way till Gorguntepalya).
If I start from Office(Infantry Road), I'll have to use the way through Yeshwanthpura.
Sushrutha,
I guess the railway crossing you are referring to is the one on ORR between BEL Circle and RNS (Gorguntelaplya).
What I was referring is an alternative to avoid even the mess you are referring.
Of course, it makes no sense to take this option in case you are staying in South Bangalore.
But, If you are heading from Infantry road, you can reach Mekhri Circle and instead of continuing towards Yeshwantpura from Sadashivanagar Police Station Signal (after Mekhri Circle) take right and get onto New BEL Road, hit Kuvempu Circle and then BEL Circle where you take a right (Straight will go towards Gorguntepalya over the railway crossings).
Taking a right, you will continue till Prestige Wellington Park apartments (Gangamma Circle) and take a left and follow the traffic for another 3-4 Kms to reach Jalahalli cross.
Attaching the link for the route below:

Outer Ring Rd to Subrato Mukharji Rd - Google Maps

Though a little longer, it is a definite time saver and predictable traffic too.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks