Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2020, 09:15   #8356
BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Folks, is it safe to travel from Mlore to Blore in the current situation? Hearing news of vigilante mobs setting up road blocks. Please advise.
Old 23rd March 2020, 15:04   #8357
BHPian

Don't know about vigilante mobs. But there is a message being forwarded that road block has been set up at Farangipete and traffic is not allowed to cross to general public. Can't authenticate the news though. Though you are suggested to not to travel to or from DK district since it's in lockdown.
Old 23rd March 2020, 15:25   #8358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Folks, is it safe to travel from Mlore to Blore in the current situation? Hearing news of vigilante mobs setting up road blocks. Please advise.
Highly risky, many districts have complete shutdown orders. I shelved my plans to travel from Bangalore to Udupi. Police are catching anyone traveling on roads, unless valid emergency reason is provided, you can be arrested.
Old 23rd March 2020, 17:06   #8359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Last update I have is for Friday night. Traffic was as usual without any problems on either sides.
Old 24th March 2020, 12:00   #8360
BHPian

My Cousin drive down to Kundapur from Bangalore last evening and reached early morning. Agumbe route.

No issues or check points whatsoever.
Strangely Even Agumbe Ghat was open through the night (I was on the assumption that vehicular traffic is banned from 6PM to 6AM)
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 08:07   #8361
BHPian

A friend needs to travel from Mangalore to Bangalore on a family emergency , any recent information would be much appreciated.
Old 27th March 2020, 10:03   #8362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
A friend needs to travel from Mangalore to Bangalore on a family emergency , any recent information would be much appreciated.
If it is unavoidable, approach the nearest DCP office. They might issue a letter on humanitarian grounds.
I had to travel to Mysore yesterday due to a death in immediate family. We got the death certificate from the hospital and approached the local police station. They mentioned it should not be a problem and shared their station number in case of any issues. I didn't face any problem during my travel though there were multiple checkpoints. I could not get the letter from the DCP's office due to lack of time. A relative of ours got this letter.
I would recommend getting the letter from the police station.

Though the roads are empty and with skeletal traffic, keep in mind that there will be no support or recovery service in case of any eventuality. Stick to comfortable speeds and do not take any risks. Also there will be no restaurants open, so better pack food and enough water for the travel.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 11:19   #8363
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Also keep in mind that the Earth is healing itself.

Be aware of animals who would have started venturing out on the highways due to the non existent traffic. The highways were cutting them off all this time and they might have started crossing them in greater numbers due to the lessened disturbance.
Tgo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 15:42   #8364
BHPian

Heads up to people who are venturing towards Kerala through DK district: Most of the main and interior roads connecting to Kasargod are blocked literally with barricade and loads of mud.

Source: https://news.suddimahithi.com/puttur...er_news1Page=1
Attached Images

Old 27th March 2020, 16:43   #8365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
If it is unavoidable, approach the nearest DCP office. They might issue a letter on...
Thanks for the info , will pass this along and request him to get a letter before travelling.
Old 29th March 2020, 12:22   #8366
BHPian

All - Agumbe Ghat was closed by the authorities at the checkpost. Not sure if they opened it up.
Old 18th May 2020, 12:12   #8367
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone done a Bangalore-Mangalore road trip recently?

With the lifting of several restrictions, I assume it will be possible without requiring any passes or any sort of quarantine at the destination?
Old 18th May 2020, 12:18   #8368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post

With the lifting of several restrictions, I assume it will be possible without requiring any passes or any sort of quarantine at the destination?
Until yesterday, pass was mandatory. Karnataka govt. is yet to take decision on inter district travel so we have to wait couple days more. There is checking at 3-4 places(Adichunchanagiri toll, Sakleshpura, Gundya) and they are strict! In Gundya they do thermal screening as well though not always. There are no restaurants open on the way, so carry your own food. Barring rough patch(manageable) between Hassan-Sakleshpur, rest of the road is holding good.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 06:57   #8369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post

From what I read, travel restrictions between 7pm to 7am and full shutdown on sundays. So can only travel on weekdays.

It is not clear yet if there is any limit on number of passengers in the car.

Personally I find own car to be a safe mode of transport as long as we avoid physical contact with outsiders.

However, one is forced to make contacts during refueling, tyre shops etc. So be careful.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 16:57   #8370
BHPian

Planning to travel to Mangalore this friday. I will be travelling with my wife, son (3 year old) and in-laws (Father in-law is above 65 years). I am still trying to find information regarding the requirement of a pass as one of the Kannada news channel mentioned that inter-district pass will not be required. Also, details with regards to number of passengers allowed in not clear. Though it was previously 1+2, I think they are now allowing Uber and Ola to have 1+3 passengers and the same should be applicable to private cars I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks