Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2006, 03:08   #76

Hello Guys
This Is My First Post Here.we Recently Bought Fiesta 1.4 Exi (platinum)and A Few Days Back An Accent Rammed Into The Rear Bumper , The Right Side Of Bumper Caved In(though Didnt Break). So We Took The Car To Harpreet Ford And They Were Not At All Interested In Repairing The Bumper , They Said It Would Have To Be Replaced At A Cost Of Around 9500-(5500 Bumpercost + Around 3500 Paint) But I Am Preety Sure That It Can Be Repaired , So I Would Show It Outside Somewhere.i Read The Rates Here , I Think The Prices Given For Bumper Are Without Paintjob(atleast For Fiesta For Sure)
My Freind Who Owns A Wagon R Also Reported The Same Attitude Of The Maruti Guys When His Car's Bumper Was Also Slightly Damaged (less Than Fiesta). So I Think One Cant Really Say Anything About Any Car Manufacturer These Days.

The Fieta's Bumper Is Very Soft Rectractable As They Say, So Do U People Think It Can Be Repaired, Because In Delhi Bumper Damages Happen Very Often And Spending 10k Everytime Is Out Of Question.
Its Nice To Be Part Of This Great Community , Hope To Hear From U Guys Soon.
Old 20th April 2006, 09:59   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal11
Hello Guys
This Is My First Post Here.we Recently Bought Fiesta 1.4 Exi (platinum)and A Few Days Back An Accent Rammed Into The Rear Bumper , The Right Side Of Bumper Caved In(though Didnt Break). So We Took The Car To Harpreet Ford And They Were Not At All Interested In Repairing The Bumper , They Said It Would Have To Be Replaced At A Cost Of Around 9500-(5500 Bumpercost + Around 3500 Paint) But I Am Preety Sure That It Can Be Repaired , So I Would Show It Outside Somewhere.i Read The Rates Here , I Think The Prices Given For Bumper Are Without Paintjob(atleast For Fiesta For Sure)
My Freind Who Owns A Wagon R Also Reported The Same Attitude Of The Maruti Guys When His Car's Bumper Was Also Slightly Damaged (less Than Fiesta). So I Think One Cant Really Say Anything About Any Car Manufacturer These Days.

The Fieta's Bumper Is Very Soft Rectractable As They Say, So Do U People Think It Can Be Repaired, Because In Delhi Bumper Damages Happen Very Often And Spending 10k Everytime Is Out Of Question.
Kunal,

Bumpers act as crumple zone, obsorbing energy due to impact.

Hence if a bumper is damaged a lot its best advised to replace it.

But if it looks like a minor dent then go to any local paint shop they will remove the bumper and heat the dented part using a gas flame and set it alright.

Once even my M800 had a small dent and i had got this done
Old 20th April 2006, 13:44   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
5. Baleno should be comapred with Ikon, Aveo, Petra, Esteem, Accent, Indigo

Disclaimer : - I am sorry if i hurt any Baleno owners butttt those were the facts of the matter which many people are not aware on this forum. I would not like to mention who but some people are not aware of the segment formation rule.

Cheers (no offense and nothing personal, carry on the calulations guys, awesome)
Hey BUSA grrrr.....

You hurt me very badly by comparing my Baleno with Ikon, Esteem.....

I can forgive you if can get Maruti to price baleno-spares same as that of Esteem
Old 20th April 2006, 14:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
i wont always agree to it. mayb MUL now only realises the true potential of the car. as discontinuing is concerned i guess at some point every car will go thru this phase but noway in the near future. even with this decade old car is giving new cars a run for their money. if they can reduce the SGA to MGA and give slightly more tiny features this car is gonna rule for the next 10 years.
Yeah, they can introduce an LX model without power steering, power windows and electric RVMs, price it at 5,25,000/- and sell a lot more. A lot of car owners do not drive themselves and hence would be happy to pay less for absence of features that mostly benefit the driver.
Old 20th April 2006, 15:01   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal11
Hello Guys

kunal,
same thing happened to my friend in chennai. his new fiesta 1.4 exi hit a boulder and the front bumper caved in. he had to replace the full bumper for a cost of Rs.10,000. I think that silly plastic thing is not covered in insurance too. I would recommend you to go to a local car tinkering shop and they will do it for 400 or 500 rupees (theres one guy in chennai who does that). They heat the bumper and try to bring it back to form. But you need to pain the whole bumper again and thats where your money goes. The final effect will be 90% ok for you, but if someone bends and looks closer they will know the difference, but hey who is gonna look down ur bumper?

note - 2 days back i replaced by zen front bumper and it costed me 2600. new bumper 900, paint 1600, fittings rest.

dev from adventnet
Old 20th April 2006, 17:00   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
Yeah, they can introduce an LX model without power steering, power windows and electric RVMs, price it at 5,25,000/- and sell a lot more. A lot of car owners do not drive themselves and hence would be happy to pay less for absence of features that mostly benefit the driver.
minus that tilt steering
Old 20th April 2006, 23:32   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
if u r not the 1 driving how about a baleno with an esteem engine?
Old 21st April 2006, 10:27   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama
if u r not the 1 driving how about a baleno with an esteem engine?
Suzuki has already done this in Pakistan you can check this out on their pak website.

Guys this is lets keep our focus on the issue, just like Dravid-The Wall

Last edited by venkatrx : 21st April 2006 at 10:37.
Old 21st April 2006, 10:36   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Suzuki has already done this in Pakistan you can check this out on their pak website.

Guys this is lets keep our focus on the issue, just like Dravid-The Wall
Before a moderator warns you, let me tell you that usage of more than 2 smileys in a post is against the rules of T-BHP.

Cheers
Old 21st April 2006, 10:38   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Before a moderator warns you, let me tell you that usage of more than 2 smileys in a post is against the rules of T-BHP.

Cheers
Thanks Prince,....i have removed one smiley.....but there are 3 smiles in your post...he he..
Old 21st April 2006, 10:45   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Thanks Prince,....i have removed one smiley.....but there are 3 smiles in your post...he he..
damn, i have 3 smileys in my earlier post but its all thanx to you

Cheers
Old 21st April 2006, 13:16   #87
BHPian

Guys,

What do you really think is the reason for such high costs of Baleno spares? If Baleno has been in india for more than 5 years, why haven't they still started locally manufacturing them.

Experts please throw some light on this......
Old 21st April 2006, 13:26   #88
BHPian

cant there b a legislation for this. we have so many crap laws in our country why cant these f***** leaders make a law that if u sell the product in this country all the spares must b built here. they do this for the defence.
Old 21st April 2006, 13:29   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
cant there b a legislation for this. we have so many crap laws in our country why cant these f***** leaders make a law that if u sell the product in this country all the spares must b built here. they do this for the defence.

They must also be a law that "spares must be guarunteed for atleast for 7 years after their last car is sold" .....i am sure this kind of thing would allow customers to buy great cars like Palio, Petra and Matiz.
Old 22nd April 2006, 10:32   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar
I have forwarded this thread to Jagdish Khattar at Maruti.

Pradeep
Hi Pardeep,

Have you got any response from JagdishKhattar ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks