Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2006, 19:49   #106
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Yes, the Fiesta comes with HLLD...
Thanks suman for the confirmation .. Now could u pls put up the costs for the head lamps and the tail lamps of the fiesta ?? Same with the other owners of the NHC and the aveo .. Also it would be great if u could also furnish the cost of the accessories like fog lamps , spoiler etc ..
Old 27th April 2006, 10:13   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar
True. I was thinking of forwarding this PDF to some of our auto gurus and motoring journalists who keep saying that "Baleno spares are reasonable".
Pradkumar,

auto gurus, journalists......you will find very few of the "unbiased" version of these people. They usually support one company or the other and those who say "Baleno spares are cheap" are lying right in your eye. So no point talking to them.

Just visit www.indiacar.com the autoguru there always has a standard question-answer.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
sruthy question:i am planning to buy a sedan with performance, low spare parts cost, and fun the lists are baleno, city vtec old, or new city vetc
Indiacar's answer:Sruthy, I suggest you buy the Baleno. The vehicle has good on Road Performance. The cost of spares and after sales service is economical
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes Baleno spares are really cheap you see 33k is cheaper than 13k of honda city

Last edited by venkatrx : 27th April 2006 at 10:16.
Old 27th April 2006, 10:41   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Thanks suman for the confirmation .. Now could u pls put up the costs for the head lamps and the tail lamps of the fiesta ?? Same with the other owners of the NHC and the aveo .. Also it would be great if u could also furnish the cost of the accessories like fog lamps , spoiler etc ..
Spoiler 6k, will get you the rest when I next visit my dealer for the 2nd service......fog lamps are standard btw but will get you the costs
Old 27th April 2006, 15:58   #109
BHPian

More than 50% of Baleno spares are imported (SGP)

As we have observed spares of Baleno are expensive only when they are SGP and not MGP, so it would interesting to know how much of baleno spares are imported.

During the Budget 2006, the Finance minister reduced the customs duty on cars from 15% to 12.5%.
http://www.bsmotoring.com/2006/mar04_1.htm

Now due to this reduction Baleno prices reduced by Rs.8000/-

Now as per the reduction for every Rs. 2.5 reduced is on a part worth rs.100, so if we prorate this

If 2.5 : 100
Then 8000 : ?

we get the figures as 3.2 Lakhs. So 3.2 lakhs of spares is imported from Suzuki-japan

And this would be on the factory price which is around 5.7 and 6.6 Lakhs for lxi and vxi (please correct numbers).

More than 50% of the spares are imported from japan.

For a 7 year old car that too from maruti more than 50% parts imported is unbelievable
Old 27th April 2006, 16:28   #110
Senior - BHPian

[quote=venkatrx]Yes Baleno spares are really cheap you see 33k is cheaper than 13k of honda city/quote]

I believe statements like these always need to be given their context. Here it we are taking just a few parts .. among which the primary differentiator are the headlamps and the tail-lamps .. BSIII versions costing 11K and 20K a pair respectively.

HOWEVER .. and I'll refer to post 52 in this thread .. even MUL dealers/workshops are providing BSII headlamps and the 'orange' tail-lamps.
BSII headlamps are still available for around 4000 for a pair.
The orange tail lamps are still available for around 4000 a pair.
All you will be missing is a head lamp leveler .. and you'll pay 8K instead of 31K.

Considering these numbers .. do Baleno spare costs still seem exhorbitant ?
Old 27th April 2006, 17:11   #111
BANNED

Venkat , i have no idea what ur trying to prove time and time again by lambasting the baleno in every thread possible.. First u had issues with ur cars FE , now with the spares that too by taking into account only the prices of the headlamps and tail lamps .. When u buy a car it must be considered as a whole package ..

I had been to the showroom today , and casually just asked around asto how much the HEAD would cost in case of damage due to accident .. The price that i got was pretty decent (cant reveal the pricing because they arent meant to be for sale unless accidental damages) , whereas when i inquired about the pricing for the HEAD of the NHC VTEC it turned out to be way more expensive than the balenos .. Does this mean the NHC spares are the costliest ?? The HEADS of the NHC are a lot more expensive than the baleno apart from other things such as the ECU , driveshafts etc ..

This point was made just to show that every car has a few spares that are way higly priced than its immediate competitors while the rest could be cheap .. So talking from one POV taking only the cons of one car and comparing them to the pros of the other is not fare .. Lets get down and list out all the spares costs for the baleno and the other cars and see which works out cheaper .. Also the hondas and the balenos running costs are so cheap thats its hard to believe ..

If ur so unhappy with ur baleno (going by ur frustration on a few threads) , either u were sold a lemon by maruti or u can bring it down to one of the meets and we would love to check out the problem for you .. And if u do plan to sell off ur baleno in lieu for another car , let me know i might buy it from u .. My family needs another car and dad wants a baleno too .. BTW , which colour is it ??

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 27th April 2006 at 17:22.
Old 27th April 2006, 17:30   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Spoiler 6k, will get you the rest when I next visit my dealer for the 2nd service......fog lamps are standard btw but will get you the costs
The baleno SGP spoiler costs 5500 +tax .. Suman , could u get hold of the prices for all the parts such as head lamps , tail lamps , fogs , rear and front bumpers , condensor , radiator , driveshafts , suspension , front grill , windshield , doors , dicky , bonnet etc .. Because these are the one that are majorly under threat in case of an accident .. I shall get hold of the prices for the baleno soon and post them up .. Request the other members to co-operate in this regard as well ..
Old 27th April 2006, 17:36   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The baleno SGP spoiler costs 5500 +tax .. Suman , could u get hold of the prices for all the parts such as head lamps , tail lamps , fogs , rear and front bumpers , condensor , radiator , driveshafts , suspension , front grill , windshield , doors , dicky , bonnet etc .. Because these are the one that are majorly under threat in case of an accident .. I shall get hold of the prices for the baleno soon and post them up .. Request the other members to co-operate in this regard as well ..
Will do whenever possible McLaren. To my mind, suspension is really not in contention unless it is a major accident and would only come into play after 100k (I'm assuming 100k because thats when I had to do it up on my Ikon) hence it does not come into the purview of spares as such. Same for the drive shaft......

The 6k cost of the spoiler is inclusive of tax, what is the applicable tax on the 5.5k, any idea?

I will quote prices inclusive of local taxes, can everyone please do the same? Thanks
Old 27th April 2006, 17:46   #114
BANNED

Quote:
Will do whenever possible McLaren. To my mind, suspension is really not in contention unless it is a major accident and would only come into play after 100k (I'm assuming 100k because thats when I had to do it up on my Ikon) hence it does not come into the purview of spares as such. Same for the drive shaft......

The 6k cost of the spoiler is inclusive of tax, what is the applicable tax on the 5.5k, any idea?

I will quote prices inclusive of local taxes, can everyone please do the same? Thanks
The reason i quoted the suspension was in case of side on collisions i have seen suspensions give way , same is the case with driveshafts ..

The 5.5 k comes with an additional tax of 12.5% VAT ..
Old 28th April 2006, 01:38   #115

guys i read here that the nhc has cheapst spare parts among all the four cars mentioned here , which makes me wonder that why then the nhc price is so high.
If there parts are cheap then there overall manufacturing costs would also be lower.what are your thoughts on this.
Old 28th April 2006, 10:55   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Venkat , i have no idea what ur trying to prove time and time again by lambasting the baleno in every thread possible.. First u had issues with ur cars FE , now with the spares that too by taking into account only the prices of the headlamps and tail lamps .. When u buy a car it must be considered as a whole package ..

I had been to the showroom today , and casually just asked around asto how much the HEAD would cost in case of damage due to accident .. The price that i got was pretty decent (cant reveal the pricing because they arent meant to be for sale unless accidental damages) , whereas when i inquired about the pricing for the HEAD of the NHC VTEC it turned out to be way more expensive than the balenos .. Does this mean the NHC spares are the costliest ?? The HEADS of the NHC are a lot more expensive than the baleno apart from other things such as the ECU , driveshafts etc ..

This point was made just to show that every car has a few spares that are way higly priced than its immediate competitors while the rest could be cheap .. So talking from one POV taking only the cons of one car and comparing them to the pros of the other is not fare .. Lets get down and list out all the spares costs for the baleno and the other cars and see which works out cheaper .. Also the hondas and the balenos running costs are so cheap thats its hard to believe ..
The point regarding the 'baleno spares' i am trying to discuss is simple that as a lot of people say 'baleno spares are cheap' is a myth. The plastic/glass components like headlamp, taillamp, bumper, rearview-mirrors can easily get damaged in city traffic and that is a pretty good indicator of spares, which we need to shell out atleast 30-50% as insurance wont pay full for electric/glass spares. Lets accept the fact that if 'baleno spares are expensive'. The best thing to happen would be for maruti to reduce the components by procuring them locally. As we have seen only the SGP/SGA are expensive. As Team-BHP is growing in strength day by day, and as already some one has forwarded this thread to Khattar of maruti, lets hope that maruti does take note this thread and make the spares much more cheaper and comparable with the competitors.

Quote:
If ur so unhappy with ur baleno (going by ur frustration on a few threads) , either u were sold a lemon by maruti or u can bring it down to one of the meets and we would love to check out the problem for you .. And if u do plan to sell off ur baleno in lieu for another car , let me know i might buy it from u .. My family needs another car and dad wants a baleno too .. BTW , which colour is it ??
maruti didn't sell a lemon it still has some great seats, great AC and awesome power........just that 'city FE' has troubled me and 'cheap baleno spares' has turned out to be a myth. Anyways i wouldn't trade off baleno just yet.

+ I am hoping that maruti will be able to get my city FE to 12 kmpl as this poll suggests.
+ I believe that Khattar will read this post and convert most of the SGA/SGP into MGA/MGP.
Old 28th April 2006, 11:07   #117
BHPian

[quote=shuvc]
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Yes Baleno spares are really cheap you see 33k is cheaper than 13k of honda city/quote]

I believe statements like these always need to be given their context. Here it we are taking just a few parts .. among which the primary differentiator are the headlamps and the tail-lamps .. BSIII versions costing 11K and 20K a pair respectively.

HOWEVER .. and I'll refer to post 52 in this thread .. even MUL dealers/workshops are providing BSII headlamps and the 'orange' tail-lamps.
BSII headlamps are still available for around 4000 for a pair.
The orange tail lamps are still available for around 4000 a pair.
All you will be missing is a head lamp leveler .. and you'll pay 8K instead of 31K.

Considering these numbers .. do Baleno spare costs still seem exhorbitant ?
Guys,

If we have bought a BS-III why should we take a BS-II spares from maruti. I mean we should really try to get maruti to correct its prices, rather than trying to fit BS-II spares. [for e.g the levelling feature(functional feature) of the headlamp would be lost]. Though the taillamp would be a cosmetic loss by settling for BS-II.

Shuv, if maruti doesn't reduce BS-III prices may be yours would be the best solution.

Just think about it, when NHC sells about 40k cars/annum and baleno sell less than 10k cars/annum.....so thats like for every baleno sold 4 NHCs are sold, but on this forum if we see the poll http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...vs-baleno.html

for every 2 balenos sold only 1 NHC is sold !!, it clearly shows that this forum is filled with Baleno-owners/lovers.

So this forum is really a strong hold of baleno. Maruti should really take this site seriously and address the pain points of baleno-owners.

Honestly, don't you guys(as baleno-owners) think maruti should reduce the spares prices?
Old 28th April 2006, 11:56   #118
BHPian

:)

i agree with ventax. to really catch up on the baleno fever that is slowly catching in the last 1-2 years maruti should really reduce the prices of the cosmetic parts. its rather not reducing but getting them 2 a more realistic level.

on second thoughts, it still is ok to pay high import duties on foreign bikes and cars but not on spare parts.

its like building a rocket on ur own but getting the "made in india" stamp done from japan.

its really shameful.
Old 28th April 2006, 12:01   #119
BHPian

IMHO Maruti should reduce the spares/accessories prices. Even Honda is importing the most of the NHC parts from malaysia. But they did not cost a bomb. Why the hell Maruti charging that much money for the ugliest lights?
Old 28th April 2006, 12:11   #120
Senior - BHPian

Venkatrx,
I agree that if the claim "Baleno spares are cheap" is a myth, it needs to be corrected.
But at the same time, just comparing the prices of 3-4 items (which are normally not replaced except in cases of serious accidents) and saying that Baleno spares are costly, is again wrong and damaging information. That is what mclaren, shuvc etc are pointing out.

I will be visiting the Maruti service centre this weekend. I will try to get the prices of as many Baleno spares as possible. Let's compare that with the other cars and then come to a decision.

Regarding your claim that the parts compared by you are the ones that "can easily get damaged in city traffic". How many of these did you actually change in your previous car ? I have been driving for 20 years and have never had to change a headlight or taillamp or bumper. We did damage a RVM which was hit by a biker. But then if you keep changing RVMs everytime they get damaged, you would have time only for that, given the way our city traffic is.

We might have cases of the vehicle behind us nudging our bumper or we nudging the vehicle in the front. But do we just go ahead and change the bumper for every hit ? Replacement would be done usually if the damage is serious, which is rare. Let's try to get the facts and then come to a decision.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 28th April 2006 at 12:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks