Fiesta 1.6 S 37 21.64%
Cedia Sports 96 56.14%
Any others (please name) 24 14.04%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2009, 20:40   #46
BHPian

Mitsubishi after sales services seems quite ok in Cochin. The scenario may be different in other cities.
Old 23rd August 2009, 21:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

After sales here in Delhi is Good.... there are two dealer cum after sales centers, Asian Motors and Excel Motors. I get my car serviced at Asian Motors.. the guys up there Vishal, Rajesh, Tyagi and their team are very helpful. The way they take care of even the smallest niggle makes you feel welcomed. Each and every car is personally attented and the guys help in every what way they can. I can say this because although they provide pick and drop services for the cars.. I prefer to get my car serviced in front of me. Its not that I dont trust these people, just that I like to be there to see whats what in a car and learn more about cars. Hats off to these guys.
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Well the rumors about bad service from Mitsubishi come from folks who don't own the car. I'd take those with a pinch of salt.
Old 24th August 2009, 00:36   #49
BHPian

IMO, cedia is the only true competitior of AN?HC (slightly above these usual sedans, SX4, Fiesta etc.)
Old 24th August 2009, 00:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Well the rumors about bad service from Mitsubishi come from folks who don't own the car. I'd take those with a pinch of salt.
I own a lancer and while I have always been a big fan of the brand, service has been its Achille's heel in Ahmedabad. Autonova began with great fanfare. gifting expensive watches to customers, providing free service and out of warranty spare replacement etc.

But after a year, their real face showed up. Each service ended with us shelling money for a new part. A disc brake, A new gas pipe for a/c etc etc.

we now get our car serviced by another garage.

It's true that Mitsubishi's A.S.S are not the best.
Old 24th August 2009, 17:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

@ devarshi: Sir as we know, the service network of Mitsubishi-HM across India is poor. not doubt about it and the quality of service may vary from place to place. But as far as metros are concerned I thing after sales support is good.. I am sure about Delhi and I think it would be good up in Punjab as well, as its the only place where diesel lancer is still sold in numbers. Rest, I agree after sales is as important as the car itself and I would suggest anyone buying Mitsubishi to check if the after sales support in his/her city is good or not, before deciding on the car.
Old 24th August 2009, 19:23   #52
VMG
BHPian

In Chennai, Maya motors service is good.
Old 25th August 2009, 02:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
@ devarshi: Sir as we know, the service network of Mitsubishi-HM across India is poor. not doubt about it and the quality of service may vary from place to place. But as far as metros are concerned I thing after sales support is good.. I am sure about Delhi and I think it would be good up in Punjab as well, as its the only place where diesel lancer is still sold in numbers. Rest, I agree after sales is as important as the car itself and I would suggest anyone buying Mitsubishi to check if the after sales support in his/her city is good or not, before deciding on the car.
I am not contesting your point. I just put forward the case that is, in Ahmedabad at present.
And last I heard, most diesel lancers were sold down south, mostly as taxis. I may be wrong.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

Wow, the Cedia is way ahead of the others I can see. And it looks like you guys won't let me buy another Fiesta . Well, thanks for all your comments which are much appreciated. If I leave the Fiesta out, the Cedia is the outright VFM over the ANHC. There's way too much to add in the ANHC (even if I consider the V variant that is supposed to be launched soon) & even if I added everything else, the Climate Control would still be missing. And the price (minus CC) would still be over the Cedia. Another great VFM car is, of course, the Linea (I saw a silver one yesterday & it looked real nice) but performance wise it is nowhere near the Cedia or Fiesta. Only way I'd be interested is if they happen to launch a Diesel stonker! Even then, I dont think the Linea will come home because my daughter's said a very vehement "No"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Suman, if cost above 10 lacs is a no-no to you,
10 lacs ex-showroom is the max I'd be going up to so that gets in the Cedia & the ANHC & the Fiestas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
How about a a pre-owned Cedia? I read someone near your location picked up a 1.5 yr old prinstine example for 5L (50% depreciation).
Nope, pre-owned is not my scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Suman Sir! Cedia this time.
Heh heh Shresth, lets see what the future has in store for me. I'm hoping for a miracle - a new launch which will be priced below 10 & will have all the bells & whistles. Tall order but we live in hope, right
Quote:
Originally Posted by KITE RUNNER View Post
Hope you have a good service centre for Mitsubishi in your city.
I think we have a couple of good ones in the NCR (hearsay though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The twin goes out next year? Wow! I am having so much fun with ours that I am sitting here thinking of getting new rims and tyres and here you are thinking of a replacement?
Lambo, you said it, will be sad to let her go but she'll be 4 years plus & over 100k kms (probably) and out of warranty (though that has really not been an issue so far) so that's the right time to make the change I think. But, many a slip between the cup & the lip so lets wait & see.........

Last edited by suman : 2nd September 2009 at 15:36.
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:08   #55
BHPian

I have no issues with the Fiesta S but given a choice I will have you take the Cedia just because it would be slightly different and more spacious and better looking car.

It was as such a difficult choice for me between the Cedia and Fiesta S, two things that messed it up for the cedia then was the interest rates shot up and the bangalore road tax made me feel like I'll be paying luxury tax for the Cedia and the other being that Cedia looked a much bigger and attention grabbing car compared to the Fiesta.

As a first time buyer/driver didn't want to stretch my look too much on the size front and then ofcourse Vitamin M. Now I know I would have managed with the Cedia on most fronts.

Hopefully another three-four years down the line I would have more than just these two cars to choose from.

My suggestion for you would be Cedia sport or otherwise.
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:47   #56
Senior - BHPian

IMO, once you are used to feel of Ford(Europe) cars, it is dificult to like typical Japanese cars. They have amazing steering, very good body control, tough build and very responsive engines. Wish they had launched Ford Focus which would have been the real worthy upgrade for you.

I have no experience with Cedia but remember reading ACI report which said they were were disappointed with the car considering it's rally lineage.

About ANHC, it is fairly fast and competant but I find the steering bit vague, power delivery not very linier and the suspension bit wobbly.

Torque figure of Cedia is considerably higher then ANHC and it must be a real advantage. Besides it has independent suspension in the rear.
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:10   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Wish they had launched Ford Focus which would have been the real worthy upgrade for you.
Man, tell me about it! I've been waiting for this one but I don't think it'll ever see the light of day
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:45   #58
Senior - BHPian

Gosh!!!! How come I missed this thread...

New Car??
No Ford this time else Ford will embed your name in their too much sincere customers list i.e. third time in a row customer for ford.

Jokes apart, Apart from Ford fiesta Mitsubishi Cedia is the only drivers car in <10 Lakh bracket so choice might be very tough.

Options you can consider apart from ford stable...

Aveo - It's a car which certainly need to mention over the requirements posted by you. It is a feel good factor car wherein you'll get everything you named only glitch is it isn’t a driver's car.

SX4 - Again not a driver car, but comes with a very good ground clearance (Safari effect) for a sedan and lots of goodies make it a VFM product.

Honda City - Though being a last option you might want to trust Honda, City with a peppy engine is certainly a hoot to drive car any day. But the overall package along with goodies doesn't seem to be a VFM preposition to me.

AT Verna - Lots of torque and lots of Korean crap. I never felt like spending 8-9 Lakhs for a Hyundai product, but the AT Verna is certainly a product to look at if you don't love gurgaon traffic chaos that much :-). Again a not so driver's car.

Optra Magnum - A hoot to drive car with lots of space and lots of goodies. This car is needs to be considered seriously looking at the freaking fast engine under hood.

And at last in the world's corner.... Scorpio ??
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Gosh!!!! How come I missed this thread...
Arrey bhai, you are very busy these days, kya karein?????

Quote:
Aveo - only glitch is it isn’t a driver's car.
Quote:
SX4 - Again not a driver car,
Quote:
Honda City - But the overall package along with goodies doesn't seem to be a VFM preposition to me.
Quote:
AT Verna - Again a not so driver's car.
Well, you've highlighted the correct reasons for not buying them.......

Quote:
Optra Magnum - This car is needs to be considered seriously looking at the freaking fast engine under hood.
Handling & stability are somewhat suspect, more so in the middle range of three digit speeds

Quote:
And at last in the world's corner.... Scorpio ??
Not a Driver's car
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:23   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Arrey bhai, you are very busy these days, kya karein?????
What to do Suman Bhai, paapi pet ka sawaal hai. Doing lots of touring now-a-days With shifting of Korean IT HQ to Delhi things are really messed up.

Quote:
Handling & stability are somewhat suspect, more so in the middle range of three digit speeds
Well, as I said if you are looking for a driver's car optra ain't one.. but definitely a very good overall package then that of Fiesta.

You get oodles of space, better spec engine, a upper segment car, better build quality and great discount offerings currently(to create space for chevy cruze). Though resale is not that great, but I hope you'll keep it for another 5 year so it might be a non-considerable thing for you.

Quote:
Not a Driver's car
Lets, hope Raj is not reading the thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks