Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2019, 09:24   #826
BHPian

Re: Confusion on GST applicable for modifications to new flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Hi friends,

I suspect I'm being ripped off by the builder of my new flat (still not complete) under the guise of GST for additional work!

I've got some modifications/improvements made to my flat by the builder at extra cost. I've asked for an official itemized bill for the same. The builder has tagged on 18% GST on top of the total cost. I have the following queries that I hope members with experience in similar situations can help me with.
Hi Did you get any headway in this matter. Have you tried pursuing the matter with anti profiteering unit to investigate GST violations.
Old 15th February 2019, 13:28   #827
BHPian

Re: Confusion on GST applicable for modifications to new flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Hi Did you get any headway in this matter. Have you tried pursuing the matter with anti profiteering unit to investigate GST violations.
Sorry, haven't seen your post sooner. The builder did finally refund the 6% extra GST charged for the additional work.

But he flat out refused to return any Input Tax Credit he might have got (amounting to some 50k or so for me), and dared me to go to the anti profiteering cell and have the case running for the rest of my life, while forgoing any future cooperation from his side regarding any problems that might crop up in my flat after I take possession! So much for the penalty clause from the government in this regard! And, of course, No hope of help from RERA in my state yet, beause it apparently isn't imporant enough for quick implementaion!

The builder being a bigshot in my town, I've decided it's prudent to chalk it up against another one of those "This is India" experiences!

Well, worse had happened to me earlier in my quest of a flat! I actually had to forgo buying my dream flat (far better than the one I finally booked), when I found that my white money was totally worthless if I was unwilling to somehow find a way to pay a substantial percentage of the asking price in black! And this particular project was subscribed to by some real big names (national level) too. This was about the time of the demonetisation. I've also added the term "joomla" to my vocabulary since! And tried to make believe that the Big Names of the Indian Society are totally unaware of all such things going on!
Old 15th February 2019, 17:34   #828
BHPian

re: Home Construction / Makeover / Maintenance Thread

Guys, does anyone know of food grade or aquarium grade silicone sealants available in India. I was installing a new water tank and cut the hole too low, so the tank outlet rubber isn't able to preperly seal the hole and causing a substantial leak. Need to buy silicone sealant to seal it up and don't want to take any chances so want to buy food grade sealant or if not, then aquarium grade which would be the next best thing.
Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 19:28   #829
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Interior Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishgator View Post
Contact Mr. Vinayak 990108659, he does a good job as well as charges nominally (mention that Kishore referred you to him )
Apologies for digging up this old post. The mobile number given seems incorrect as it contains only 9 digits.

Also, if anyone else can recommend a good interior designer based in Bangalore would be a huge help.
Old 3rd March 2019, 21:11   #830
BHPian

Hi Anyone in Bangalore tried Eco Friendly house construction. I am starting mine in about a month, have almost finalized an architect for the same. He is into Eco education/construction etc.

Here are few briefs I have given for my house design-
- Eco friendly materials/locally made/available material such as mud bricks
- min use of cement & steel/RCC type
- Natural light & air inside the building, cross ventilation etc
- sufficient set back, garden space front/back side of the house
- rain water harvesting to underground tank, recharge to open well
- Terrance garden
- Solar water heater & electricity

If anyone has constructed/experience with do chip in please
Thanks
Ganesha
Old 3rd March 2019, 21:34   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Apologies for digging up this old post. The mobile number given seems incorrect as it contains only 9 digits.

Also, if anyone else can recommend a good interior designer based in Bangalore would be a huge help.
Hey you can contact Mr.Gautham at +91 99016 76643.
He does a quality work at reasonable prices. You can refer my name Shashikanth if required.
Old 3rd March 2019, 21:36   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Hi Anyone in Bangalore tried Eco Friendly house construction.
Please read about and contact Sri A R Shivakumar of the Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology. He is an expert in Rain Water Harvesting.

You can go through this site for more ideas and information.

Kudos to you for thinking on the lines of sustainable housing. Hope you will succeed in this. Do keep us updated on your efforts.
Old 3rd March 2019, 21:40   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Try Bhramari. We had used their services for our house way back in 2004 (entire house interiors including modular kitchen, wardrobes) and till date no issues except tightening the screws. We again used their services to setup my sister's new apartment last year.
Old 4th March 2019, 00:27   #834
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Hey you can contact Mr.Gautham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Thanks a ton guys, much appreciated.
Old 6th March 2019, 11:31   #835
BHPian

Any ideas on adding something on the granite slab in the kitchen for a beautiful look?
Old 6th March 2019, 11:51   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Any ideas on adding something on the granite slab in the kitchen for a beautiful look?
Any other material will not only stain, but deteriorate with time. That is why granite is the preferred material for kitchen slabs in India.

Granite today is available in a variety of colours and designs, so you can search for a colour/design combination which pleases you.
Old 6th March 2019, 12:52   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Hi Anyone in Bangalore tried Eco Friendly house construction.
You could reach out to Habitat, they are in this domain for a long time now.

Link

They are Kerala based, but they have good Bangalore presence. You could give them a call to identify which of their Bangalore architects are available.

They do a lot of social work kinda projects, so sometimes these architects are in the NorthEast building rehabilitation facilities or community schools with natural lightings etc.

You can google "habitat homes kerala" to get an idea of their style. Unfinished brick walls is one of them, but they are open to customization based on clients requirements, budget.

All transactions are via bank or cheque.
Old 6th March 2019, 17:22   #838
BANNED

Query regarding residential lift/elevator options:

My parents stay in a 2 floor individual house (G,1 and roof) in my native Bhubaneswar. Due to old age, using stairs has become a big nuisance for them. So the thought of having a personal lift/elevator bumping up.

Let me admit, we have absolutely ZERO knowledge in elevators/lift of any type. So, looking for any guidance on availability of a minimum capacity with minimal operating cost, but safe and dependable lift, the cost associated including AMC etc. and of-course how to proceed to get one (I guess they are not sold in showrooms like cars).

Any pointer on any direction regarding personal lifts are highly appreciated.
Old 6th March 2019, 18:09   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Query regarding residential lift/elevator options:

My parents stay in a 2 floor individual house (G,1 and roof) in my native Bhubaneswar. Due to old age, using stairs has become a big nuisance for them. So the thought of having a personal lift/elevator bumping up.

Let me admit, we have absolutely ZERO knowledge in elevators/lift of any type. So, looking for any guidance on availability of a minimum capacity with minimal operating cost, but safe and dependable lift, the cost associated including AMC etc. and of-course how to proceed to get one (I guess they are not sold in showrooms like cars).

Any pointer on any direction regarding personal lifts are highly appreciated.
You have several options:

1. You can buy a branded elevator from Otis/Kone/Schindler/etc. which should cost you about 10.0L for a 6 passenger machine room less unit (5'x5' shaft size) for two stops (two floors). AMC works out to about 10% of cost/year.

2. You can buy a proper residential elevator from Elite elevators (fancy glass enclosure) which will set you back about 25-30L. Again AMC is about 10% of cost.

3. You can get a local elevator which is similar to 1. but will be 2/3 the cost and the AMC can be based on number of visits.

You could also try and contact http://levitator.in/ and see what solutions they offer.

Good luck
Old 7th March 2019, 09:47   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
You have several options:

1. You can buy a branded elevator from Otis/Kone/Schindler/etc. which should cost you about 10.0L for a 6 passenger machine room less unit (5'x5' shaft size) for two stops (two floors). AMC works out to about 10% of cost/year.

Good luck
I totally agree with this.

One thing that you should do, is to inquire about the density of service locations for the above mentioned manufacturers. Depending on the city, and your location, one manufacturer will have a lot of service personnel spread around the location. For example in Mumbai Otis has a lot of presence hence a lot more service personnel, where as in South Delhi Schindler has much more. It all depends on the number of installations a particular manufacturer has.

I would advise against local manufacturer as their service network is not as strong and parts availability is scarce.
Another option is to get a "Hydraulic Elevator". They are a bit less expensive and slower, but for two stories (three stations - GF, FF and Terrace) they may be cheaper. Also these lifts consume less power so can be backed up by UPS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks