Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 11:51   #736
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

It would have been better if Barca played against Manchesters' U-17 team for a UEFA final.
Pathetic stuff from Man U.

Glory Barca. Glory.
Old 30th May 2011, 21:03   #737
BHPian

Guess all the Man U fans have nothing to say now !!!

As per me only 2 players played for Man U, Rooney and Van der Sar.
The others were just marvelling the way Barca was playing....

With all due respect to Man U, they were completely outplayed and outhought by Barca.

In my opinion, Madrid did cause a few problems during the Semi Final.
In fact, even Levante caused a few problems during the League.

Go Barca Go, the best football club in the world.
Old 31st May 2011, 07:48   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post
It would have been better if Barca played against Manchesters' U-17 team for a UEFA final.
Pathetic stuff from Man U.

Glory Barca. Glory.
Dont know what made you use the word "Pathetic" but pathetic was the Barca - Real CL semi where both teams were "Pathetic" with their play-acting and other antics!

This game was at least played in the right spirit, with free flowing football (admittedly only from Barca side, with united largely chasing shadows) and lots of entertainment. United could have resorted to hardman tactics (they are fully capable, mind you) but would you have liked such a final so fair play to Fergie for trying to play Barca at least. Its another matter this Barca side is so good that its terribly difficult to beat them playing proper football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post
Guess all the Man U fans have nothing to say now !!!

As per me only 2 players played for Man U, Rooney and Van der Sar.
The others were just marvelling the way Barca was playing....

With all due respect to Man U, they were completely outplayed and outhought by Barca.

In my opinion, Madrid did cause a few problems during the Semi Final.
In fact, even Levante caused a few problems during the League.

Go Barca Go, the best football club in the world.
As a "Manchester United" fan all I have to say is congratulations to Barca for being champions of europe. It was a good game, showed us what we lack (a good midfield, carrick and giggs are no match to xavi and iniesta but then who in the world is?)
madrid caused problems to barca in semi coz they didnt turn out to play football. those 2 games (esp the 1st) were the most disgusting piece of football ever seen. anyway the bar has been raised and I'm sure if anybody can match it, it is SAF. We'll be stronger next year and hope to meet you guys again in the CL to avenge for this year!!!
Old 31st May 2011, 11:42   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Dont know what made you use the word "Pathetic" but pathetic was the Barca - Real CL semi where both teams were "Pathetic" with their play-acting and other antics!

This game was at least played in the right spirit, with free flowing football (admittedly only from Barca side, with united largely chasing shadows) and lots of entertainment. United could have resorted to hardman tactics (they are fully capable, mind you) but would you have liked such a final so fair play to Fergie for trying to play Barca at least. Its another matter this Barca side is so good that its terribly difficult to beat them playing proper football.
United never showed their class, they were totally outplayed by Barca. I am guessing that you being a MANCHESTER UTD fan, can't accept defeat. But its a beautiful game, hardman tactics and all that should have been applied where needed. If they are capable, why didn't they implement when required the most. You and me can do nothing of what is now HISTORY. Hope your team gets up and plays the way they are best known for in the future.

As for the Barca-RM, i wished Barca lost that one. Agreed they played weirdly, but its game tactics. You and me can just go ballistic, still nothings gonna change.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:32   #740
BHPian

Paul Scholes has announced his retirement
The best english midfielder of his generation will be truely missed.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:34   #741
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Yikes!!! He truly will be missed, his long drives and funny tackles.

Wonder how the midfiled will look like next season. It needs an overhaul.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:55   #742
BHPian

Sharing a fantastic video tribute to the LEGEND

Will Miss You Paul
Old 31st May 2011, 15:43   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post
United never showed their class, they were totally outplayed by Barca.
On the contrary united showed class! We congratulated Barca, the manager congratulated them and called them the best side in the world and the best side he has faced ever. What more do you want ??

Class is recognizing your opponent was superior (when they were).

Quote:
I am guessing that you being a MANCHESTER UTD fan, can't accept defeat. But its a beautiful game, hardman tactics and all that should have been applied where needed. If they are capable, why didn't they implement when required the most. You and me can do nothing of what is now HISTORY. Hope your team gets up and plays the way they are best known for in the future.
I accepted defeat and congratulated Barca. What more do you want? As for hardman tactics of kicking Barca players all around (like RM did), I guess we are not just Real Madrid!!! We are a class above them, we play an expansive game characterized by fast counter attacks and we take pride in that. We dont change our philosophy, much like Barca! Thats not manchester united way, never was and never will be! Period! Win or loss, doesnt matter. We tried to play Braca the right way and in the end lost. Fair enough! I dont think there is any shame is losing to this abnorally talented Barca team. Nobody in the world can play them off! I challenge you to name 11 players from all over the world who can "convincingly" beat this Barca team.

Quote:
As for the Barca-RM, i wished Barca lost that one. Agreed they played weirdly, but its game tactics. You and me can just go ballistic, still nothings gonna change.
Barca - Real was a disgrace, both teams were pathetic with their antics. Barca shouldnt have been in the final if not for their playacting. The way they got Pepe sent off was total disgrace. I lost all my respect for Barca that day.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:12   #744
JVH
Senior - BHPian

@bikxsans660 - Take a chill pill. After the defeat there were never any comments here on this thread and the comments made by SAF and Vidic, on the contrary to what you say is all about praises for Barca. I don't know why are you saying we cannot accept this or that. Suggest read a little bit in the press on how on thoroughly being outplayed (who is denying that anyway?), United accepted they were the second best team and lost only to the best team in the world.

Joslicx - We do play hardball but against the likes of some of them (you would know) in the league

Last edited by JVH : 31st May 2011 at 16:13.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:18   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
On the contrary united showed class! We congratulated Barca, the manager congratulated them and called them the best side in the world and the best side he has faced ever. What more do you want ??

Class is recognizing your opponent was superior (when they were).

I accepted defeat and congratulated Barca. What more do you want? As for hardman tactics of kicking Barca players all around (like RM did), I guess we are not just Real Madrid!!! We are a class above them, we play an expansive game characterized by fast counter attacks and we take pride in that. We dont change our philosophy, much like Barca! Thats not manchester united way, never was and never will be! Period! Win or loss, doesnt matter. We tried to play Braca the right way and in the end lost. Fair enough! I dont think there is any shame is losing to this abnorally talented Barca team. Nobody in the world can play them off! I challenge you to name 11 players from all over the world who can "convincingly" beat this Barca team.

Barca - Real was a disgrace, both teams were pathetic with their antics. Barca shouldnt have been in the final if not for their playacting. The way they got Pepe sent off was total disgrace. I lost all my respect for Barca that day.
Its alright mate. All of us can give advices/post-views sitting at our comfort levels. United weren't on top of their game, no matter how good they are, the time is gone and its prudent, to win you have to be atop your capabilities. And yes barca can be beaten but one has to play beyond their strengths. And I don't see why can't anybody do it.

I personally blame lame refreeing during barca - real.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:22   #746
Senior - BHPian

Barca - Real was one of the very rare football matches when I fell asleep watching football. Coming to think of it, Real was my favourite team during the late 90s and early part of this decade but the management is no longer interested in building a team, but in only buying expensive players as show pieces

Though I hate anything associated with the English sports, I've to say the Man U - Chelsea in EPL ( we call in FPL or foul premier league) was one match where Man U showed real class. Hence was expecting a better match in CL final - but Barca midfield put paid to that.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:13   #747
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Good for Scholes, and good for United. I will say this is a masterstroke by Sir Alex. At least Scholes and VDS managed to leave on a high. Or it would have been a case of G.Neville, or even R.Keane.
Old 28th June 2011, 18:44   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good for Scholes, and good for United. I will say this is a masterstroke by Sir Alex. At least Scholes and VDS managed to leave on a high. Or it would have been a case of G.Neville, or even R.Keane.
These decisions were taken by both the players and not by SAF. ManU may try to rope in Kaka to replace Scholes' experience in the mid-field!
Old 28th June 2011, 20:09   #749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
These decisions were taken by both the players and not by SAF. ManU may try to rope in Kaka to replace Scholes' experience in the mid-field!
Well that is what makes Sir Alex the genius he is. He forces decision out of his players. I am not a Man U fan, but Sir Alex indeed is a master-class

Note: I guess Nani maybe the next one to be off-loaded.
Old 28th June 2011, 20:48   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well that is what makes Sir Alex the genius he is. He forces decision out of his players. I am not a Man U fan, but Sir Alex indeed is a master-class

Note: I guess Nani maybe the next one to be off-loaded.
SAF was consistently outsmarted by The Special One: Jose Mourinho. He is also outwitted by Josep "Pep" Guardiola. So SAF may be good, but definitely not the greatest.

And yes, its difficult for Nani to get into playing 11, as ManU has signed Ashley Young.

But forget about United, what's happening at Chelsea is more exciting! They are the only side in Europe (may be apart from Real), capable of stopping the Barcelona juggernaut. They showed it in recent past. With signing of AVB as a manager and promising prospective signings, they will be the flavor of the season.

Last edited by Panko : 28th June 2011 at 20:49. Reason: Corrected

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks