Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 13:06   #661
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
P.S - Good news for TATA SKY users. Ten action plus is finally being showed on Tata sky.
OT: What? Which channel? You saved me a large expense because I have already paid advance on Airtel DTH for 3 connections at home. Was about to throw out Tata Sky for this reason only. Been a long-time happy user but no football means no Tata Sky!!
Old 26th April 2011, 14:05   #662
BHPian

As far as I remember it was Channel 417. I have not checked it personally but that's the channel no my friend told me. But this news is confirm. Its there on the TATA SKY site too. Here you goDTH India, Tata Sky DTH India, Direct-to-Home (DTH)
Old 26th April 2011, 15:04   #663
BHPian

Yupp! Just called Dad at home and he confirmed it is on 417. Yippee! So no more search for live web feeds or dropping into friend's places for late night jaunts.

PS: Sorry mods for going OT! It has been such a pain not being able to watch footy in the peace and comfort of my home and now I'm overjoyed to say the least!!
Old 27th April 2011, 02:49   #664
BHPian

What a dominant performance by united!
It was Neur 0 - 2 Man Utd!

"We're the famous Man United and we're going to Wembley"
Old 27th April 2011, 07:34   #665
BHPian

good performance by ManU.

Heroic display from Neuer is not enough to stop them. Glad that Neuer is going to Bayern not ManU next season

Hope tonight clash is not one sided. Looking forward to it.
Old 27th April 2011, 08:35   #666
BHPian

Just saw the highlights of the match. It was looking like it was Manu vs Neuer. I cannot believe this is the same Schalke that defeated Inter Milan. An evidence of how Manu dominated the game - Schalke's Manuel Neuer had more touches (60) vs MUFC than strikers Raul (28) and Edu (30) added together (58). If such is the situation you can imagine the dominance.

Anyways it looks like Manu is going to be in the finals. What is interesting is which will be the other team. Excited to see the El-Classico today!
Old 27th April 2011, 12:28   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Heroic display from Neuer is not enough to stop them. Glad that Neuer is going to Bayern not ManU next season
I hope Di gea is better than Neuer then

Quote:
Just saw the highlights of the match. It was looking like it was Manu vs Neuer. I cannot believe this is the same Schalke that defeated Inter Milan. An evidence of how Manu dominated the game - Schalke's Manuel Neuer had more touches (60) vs MUFC than strikers Raul (28) and Edu (30) added together (58). If such is the situation you can imagine the dominance.
Thats exactly why I wrote it was Neur 0-2 United

Todays match will be exciting again. I feel real will scrape through to a 2-1 victory and draw the game in the nou camp. Morinho is a master tactician and he will take real through. Barca have defensive troubles, and real run the risk of getting suspensions for the second leg, 4 of their players are on yellows.
Old 27th April 2011, 12:44   #668
BHPian

I was really worried after the first half ended goalless. That was the best we had played all year and still had nothing to show for it. But 2-0 away from home is a fantastic score to take home in any two-legged tie, leave alone a champions league semi. Even though I was a tad disappointed we didn't get more. Schalke were totally flat and I don't know if it was stage fright but they seemed like they had no clue how to get the ball off United. They didn't even try pressing United in the second period. Carrick and Giggs were running the show given the space and time afforded to them on the ball and Rio almost played the game with a cigar in his hand!

Had we been three or four goals to the good, I'm sure Fergie would've rested a few guys in the second leg for the visit of Chelsea. But still, this is a score we would have taken gladly at the start of the match. Its not over though since an early Schalke goal at OT can really put the cat amongst the piegons. We need to be professional to finish the job! GGMU! BTW, Fergie was at his best last night while trying to work his charm on Neuer and may be twist his mind a wee bit.

The third episode of the classico saga continues. I fear for Pep who strangely lost his cool in the press conference last night. Mourinho's mind games are getting to him and given Barca's defensive woes, Real look in the driver's seat at the moment. If they can get a good result at home, I'm pretty sure Mou will set them up to defend a lead and we all know his teams can defend leads as well as anyone. Remember Inter vs Barca last year!

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 27th April 2011 at 12:49.
Old 27th April 2011, 16:36   #669
BHPian

Mourinho knows how to defeat Barca. I think the best way to defeat Barca is counter attack. Barca defenders often come ahead leaving big spaces at the back. Arsenal scored both their goals in their win against Barca via counter attack ( through Walcott and Nasri). Real Madrid has many players who could launch a counter attack. Barca is weak in defending set pieces. All in all I just want the best team to win.
Old 27th April 2011, 23:19   #670

Was a treat to watch Man United play their typical game, last night's display is what we were always known for, dominance and attack, missed many opportunities to go ahead before the breather but nonetheless it was a comfortable scoreline. Looking forward to tonight's 'El Classico' although i love Barca, would really love to take on Madrid at Wembley.
Old 28th April 2011, 09:03   #671
BHPian

Mourinho goes down! I think its going to be Barca vs MAdrid in the finals. Elcassico these days is getting more and more physical and less about football. Rash tackles everywhere, players hitting out at each other, reserver goalkeeper getting red carded ( Pinto seriously?). I understand that you need to have a little urgency but so much pressurising will lead to cards. The moment Pepe was send off it was just a matter of time when Barca would score. And Messi did that. I would say Barca were the only team playing football on the field. It was a well deserved victory though. However Barca players surrounding the refree at every tackle was a bit annoying
Old 28th April 2011, 11:28   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Mourinho goes down! I think its going to be Barca vs MAdrid in the finals.
You meant Barca Vs Man Utd right?

Quote:
However Barca players surrounding the refree at every tackle was a bit annoying
It was so annoying! when they have got the ability to play such wonderful football, why get into cheap tactics like diving and influencing the refree?
SHAME!
Old 28th April 2011, 13:41   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
You meant Barca Vs Man Utd right?

Ohh Yes. I meant Manu vs Barca in the finals. Can Madrid make a brilliant comeback at Nou Camp? Defeating Barca at Nou Camp can be the best thing Madrid can achieve this season
Old 28th April 2011, 14:09   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Can Madrid make a brilliant comeback at Nou Camp? Defeating Barca at Nou Camp can be the best thing Madrid can achieve this season
Not at all. Even Morinho has ruled it out!

'We are out,' said Mourinho. 'We will go there with all the pride. Sometimes I feel disgusted living in this world and earning my living in this world'
Old 28th April 2011, 14:33   #675
BHPian

A fact - Mourinho has never won the Champions League in his 1st season with a club. His two wins as a manager have been in his 2nd season. So probably next season Mourinho should try out his luck if the Madrid owners patience does not run out till then

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks