Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2014, 13:04   #1411
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

@Mods: Please move it to the appropriate thread.

Came across this youtube video of 'Car Football' played by VW Fox vs Aygo. It's just fun.

Old 18th August 2014, 17:37   #1412
Team-BHP Support

Interesting start for the new BPL season! Liverpool and Arsenal had to grind out results against Southampton and Crystal Palace respectively, and even though New Castle lost against Man. City, their new look squad looked pretty good against the champions.

Shock result for the weekend - Man U saw the preseason bubble burst; I feel even with a great coach, they will need some more star names to be in the mix for the title fight again.

Too early, but top four predictions anyone?
Old 18th August 2014, 18:05   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Interesting start for the new BPL season! Liverpool and Arsenal had to grind out results against Southampton and Crystal Palace respectively, and even though New Castle lost against Man. City, their new look squad looked pretty good against the champions.

Shock result for the weekend - Man U saw the preseason bubble burst; I feel even with a great coach, they will need some more star names to be in the mix for the title fight again.

Too early, but top four predictions anyone?
Yeah, Arsenal had a bit of a struggle but I will put it down to nerves. Sure that they will do well once they settle down. And as usual, happy to see ManU lose.

And top four predictions:

Hoping:
1. Arsenal
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool (?)

Don't think Liverpool will finish above 5 though.
Old 18th August 2014, 18:18   #1414
Team-BHP Support

Chelsea look the best on paper (will find out for real later today), but Arsenal and Man City should be up there at the end of the season. Liverpool will need time to settle down their young new recruits (and have CL football to contend with after a half decade out of it), and Man United just need more players. Everyone goes to Old Trafford hoping to win nowadays (and usually does)
Old 18th August 2014, 18:33   #1415
BHPian

With current squad (not considering the future transfers), my prediction would be
1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool

But as a Gunners fan, I would love to see Arsene signing a quality defensive mid & a very good full back, which would see us competing for the title and may be even winning it. After all, with this squad we managed to stay on top last season more than anyone else.

City & Chelsea looks very settled and balanced. They should be competing for the top spot but I believe Mourinho would edge Pellegrini on this, as he is always very good in second season.

Liverpool need a quality striker upfront. They've made really very shrewd signings so far but to make them click, they need some serious quality upfront. Falcao is linked with Liverpool but let's wait.

And by signing few real stars, ManUtd can utmost challenge for a top4 spot with Liverpool. But lack of Champions League football is a real deal breaker for any top stars who are considering United.
Old 18th August 2014, 21:17   #1416
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
And top four predictions:

Hoping:
1. Arsenal
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool (?)

Don't think Liverpool will finish above 5 though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
With current squad (not considering the future transfers), my prediction would be
1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool

But as a Gunners fan, I would love to see Arsene signing a quality defensive mid & a very good full back, which would see us competing for the title and may be even winning it. After all, with this squad we managed to stay on top last season more than anyone else.

City & Chelsea looks very settled and balanced. They should be competing for the top spot but I believe Mourinho would edge Pellegrini on this, as he is always very good in second season.

Liverpool need a quality striker upfront. They've made really very shrewd signings so far but to make them click, they need some serious quality upfront. Falcao is linked with Liverpool but let's wait.
I think Liverpool can really fight for the top spot (or at least repeat last season's level) with an addition of a world class striker upfront. And the signings so far are pretty good IMO. Just need to see how the new recruits bed in to the team.

Arsenal have a great addition in Sanchez, but I feel the key for gunners will be Ramsey's fitness. If he stay fit throughout the season, they can probably give up the Wenger Cup, and get into a slot above.

My top 4 prediction
1) Liverpool - A fan's wish.
2) Man. City - Settled squad, and excellent manager.
3) Chelsea - Strong squad, but they were strong on paper last season as well.
4) Arsenal / Man U - Lost the opener, but LVG factor should be big this season.
Old 18th August 2014, 23:23   #1417
Senior - BHPian

I really didn't expect ManU to lose the first game. Especially considering the strong preseason and how the media was hailing LVG with numerous articles. And the funny thing is Moyes won the same game last season.

Chelski and ManC look pretty strong. Newcastle gave the latter a very good fight though yesterday.

It looks like Gunners need some more games to get going. The preseason was limited due to the world cup and it showed in the game against Palace. A big game with Besiktas tomorrow.

Hope Shad Forsythe can work some magic to keep the players fit for Gunners this season. And we need a CB on priority.

COYG!
Old 19th August 2014, 01:38   #1418
BHPian

1. Chelsea
2. Man C
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Spurs/Everton/Man U

Mourino wins the league he is in, in his second year. Did that with Porto, Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid. Going by this record & the knack he has in setting up his team for big games it is his title to lose.

Man C is the only team which can give a very close fight to Chelsea. They in fact have a stronger team than Chelsea. How hungry are they in their title defense will tell it fate.

Arsenal, Liverpool & other Sundries needs lot of quality players to do any damage to the top two.

Man U is atleast 2-3 seasons away to be a title contender.

Cliche : "Football is a funny game. On any given day, anything can happen." The top two might get swapped
Old 21st August 2014, 22:51   #1419
Team-BHP Support

Mario to Liverpool! This could be the most interesting signing this season for Liverpool. The guy is indeed very volatile, but for amount spent its not a bad business IMO.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28878088
Old 22nd August 2014, 00:19   #1420
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mario to Liverpool! This could be the most interesting signing this season for Liverpool. The guy is indeed very volatile, but for amount spent its not a bad business IMO.

I hope he's matured since his last stint in England. If Suarez was an accident waiting to happen, Super Mario is pretty much an expressway pile-up-in-waiting.
Old 22nd August 2014, 08:40   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think it is a superb signing and very astute business by BR! This guy is class and can really replace Suarez in every sense.

The challenge for the manager is to channel him now! He can be the new Cantona of the league.
Old 22nd August 2014, 09:14   #1422
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I think it is a superb signing and very astute business by BR! This guy is class and can really replace Suarez in every sense.

The challenge for the manager is to channel him now! He can be the new Cantona of the league.
True, and BR any day is a better man-manager than Mancini. The guy can be the physical presence upfront and he is just 23.

And this could another backup coming through. Not a fan of Eto, but could be a good option on bench:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/.../bit.ly/VH13H1
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:27   #1423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True, and BR any day is a better man-manager than Mancini. The guy can be the physical presence upfront and he is just 23.

And this could another backup coming through. Not a fan of Eto, but could be a good option on bench:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/.../bit.ly/VH13H1
Eto'o is spent force now. Now good enough to play if you guys wanna challenge top honors.

I always thought Arsenal should have gone all out to buy Balotelli. All they lack is a class striker at the front and Balotelli could have been that weapon. Last year I said the same thing, Arsene should have gone all out to sign Suarez. That could have sealed the championship for Arsenal. You need two world class strikers to win PL, theres no second thoughts about that. That was the secret behind SAF winning the league year in year out! Thats why Liverpool came so close last year, only for Gerrard to gift it away! Chelsea won their titles when Drogba was destroying defences all around.

This season I think its Mourinho's to lose. The best squad in the league is Citys but I doubt they have the best manager.
Old 26th August 2014, 19:19   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Heartbreak after heartbreak. Especially if you are an Arsenal fan.

Giroud was the MOTM in the match against Everton and now, he is injured. Might be out for 3 months. Not looking good. Another season gone?
Old 26th August 2014, 20:26   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Heartbreak after heartbreak. Especially if you are an Arsenal fan.

Giroud was the MOTM in the match against Everton and now, he is injured. Might be out for 3 months. Not looking good. Another season gone?
what are you expecting really!! Wenger is trying to do a Germany (play 4-6-0) but you dont have the same class.

SAF never could sign a decent midfielder and it looks like Wenger cant sign a striker

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks