Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2014, 07:38   #1396
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Wow!! Barca has relesed a rather strange statement against Cesc Fabregas mentioning that he was not good over the seasons. Though Cesc was not as effective as he was during his arsenal years still it doesnt warrant the team to release such kind of statement to someone who played for you. A big thumbs down to Barcelona!!
Old 11th July 2014, 07:24   #1397
Senior - BHPian

I am so happy.

Wenger' years of financial prudence has paid off. Welcome Sanchez!

The Football Thread-sanchez-arsenal.jpg
Old 11th July 2014, 07:30   #1398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I am so happy.

How sad! I was expecting him to join Liverpool as an exchange deal for Suarez. But unfortunately its London for him
Old 11th July 2014, 07:51   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
How sad! I was expecting him to join Liverpool as an exchange deal for Suarez. But unfortunately its London for him
Wenger spoke to him at Brazil and that clinched the deal. Le Prof the man!
Old 11th July 2014, 09:08   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am so happy.

It's confirmed eh? Was following this on twitter. Wenger the man!
Old 11th July 2014, 10:12   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
I am so happy.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
It's confirmed eh? Was following this on twitter. Wenger the man!
While I am glad that about this signing, just wanted to know - will he be playing in Walcott's position? I am not sure how the Ozil + Sanchez combo would work.
Old 11th July 2014, 10:36   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I am not sure how the Ozil + Sanchez combo would work.
Sanchez can play as a striker and also a winger. With positioning so fluid in the Arsenal set up it really doesn't matter where they all start.

Sanchez, Ozil, Walcot, Ramsey can all play behind Giroud and ahead of a holding midfielder and the back 4. Can't wait!
Old 11th July 2014, 12:33   #1403
BHPian

Was tracking this transfer for a while and ecstatic that he is AFC bound! He was the engine for Chile during this FIFA WC.

I am awaiting Debuchy to land as well. Am not very sure how much Khedira will improve us, but am still looking at what's happening in the transfer window.

I cant have enough of 'Gunner Baby' this time around )

Cheers
Old 11th July 2014, 14:01   #1404
Team-BHP Support

Real catch for Arsenal. I was hoping Liverpool gets him in exchange for the cannibal, but fair play to the Professor for talking Sanchez into choosing Arsenal.

We do have some interesting players coming in this season for the UCL squad beef-up. I'm particularly interested in how Rodgers handles Emre Can.
Old 11th July 2014, 16:08   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Very good acquisition there by Arsene. Sanchez is real quality player (I am surprised Barca are letting him go! The Spanish clubs dont cease to amaze me. Real let go of Schnijder, Robben for peanuts. Braca let go of Thiago and now Sanchez!) If Arsene can get one quality striker Arsenal can seriously challenge for the honors.

Liverpool also bought smart in Emre Can. That guy has all the potential to become world class and will get chances at Liverpool to realize that potential as well. But Liverpool will lose Suarez and he is their Cantona! I'm afraid no league for Liverpool as Suarez is a big big loss.

United have bought 2 quality players in Herrera and Shaw. But its hardly enough. Therese weakness in defense (loss of Vidic and Rio is just too big), wings are uninspiring and we are still very soft in the middle. Lots of dead weight in the team to clear as well. Its gonna be rebirth of the United team and I cant wait for LVG to come back and start the rebuilding process. Exciting summer for us.
Old 11th July 2014, 16:26   #1406
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
United have bought 2 quality players in Herrera and Shaw. But its hardly enough. Therese weakness in defense (loss of Vidic and Rio is just too big), wings are uninspiring and we are still very soft in the middle. Lots of dead weight in the team to clear as well. Its gonna be rebirth of the United team and I cant wait for LVG to come back and start the rebuilding process. Exciting summer for us.
Van Gaal may regret passing up on Toni Kroos, when all the news suggests Moyes had that deal pretty much sewn up before he was sacked. Just the sort of player United need in midfield, and Kroos was reportedly keen on the transfer.
Old 11th July 2014, 16:37   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Van Gaal may regret passing up on Toni Kroos, when all the news suggests Moyes had that deal pretty much sewn up before he was sacked. Just the sort of player United need in midfield, and Kroos was reportedly keen on the transfer.
I am not really sure of that! UK press is notorious for making up stories, esp football gossip. There is no firm indication that Kroos deal was "sewn up"! Why would he leave a club like Bayern Munich really!!! And if he is leaving he'll have the likes of Barca and Real waiting for him with red carpets and all. Kroos is a top top player. Everybody would be interested in him once he is available. I think Kroos to Man Utd was just tabloid made up stories (to sell their rags). It was never going to materialize.

The funny thing is every summer every elite player gets linked to Man Utd But we rarely sign any elite player!
Old 11th July 2014, 16:46   #1408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its his speedos
But yes, this probably will be a better signing than Ozil (Could be the best Arsenal signing after Henry).
Sanchez playing as a striker will be any day better than the average Giroud.
Old 11th July 2014, 16:58   #1409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I am not really sure of that! UK press is notorious for making up stories, esp football gossip. There is no firm indication that Kroos deal was "sewn up"! Why would he leave a club like Bayern Munich really!!! And if he is leaving he'll have the likes of Barca and Real waiting for him with red carpets and all. Kroos is a top top player. Everybody would be interested in him once he is available. I think Kroos to Man Utd was just tabloid made up stories (to sell their rags). It was never going to materialize.

The funny thing is every summer every elite player gets linked to Man Utd But we rarely sign any elite player!
It's tough to believe anything until it's a done deal these days (esp. football gossip), but I was more intrigued about Kroos being keen to move. Even if the alleged groundwork by Moyes is made-up stuff by rags, United have the standing and the cash to have swooped in, but didn't.

I hope they have some good signings lined up, esp. defensively, or it's going to be one long march back to European football.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th July 2014 at 16:59.
Old 11th July 2014, 19:02   #1410
Team-BHP Support

Its official - Suarez to Barca!
http://www.espnfc.com/story/1944862/...e-to-barcelona

Hope Liverpool can continue to build on with the new signings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks