Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2014, 18:28   #1366
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I still hope for another twist in the story - Liverpool overcome the two obstacles and City drop points against one of the 3 opponents; quite a wishful thinking, but considering that we were not in picture a month back, hoping for the best. Considering that CL spot is secured I hope for some team reinforcements as well.
Hype notwithstanding, this one would've been (could still be, hope dies last) a title win with a threadbare squad that's very striker-centric. The kind of defense we have currently will get ripped to shreds by a half-decent European side.

Defensive frailties apart, we really need an influential playmaker or two, a la Yaya Toure or Xabi Alonso. Can't depend on Gerrard's creaky legs forever.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th April 2014 at 18:30.
Old 29th April 2014, 18:47   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Good news for Arsenal fans in Bangalore. The Bangalore Gunners club has been recognised as the official Arsenal club for Bangalore

Update from the Arsenal page - http://www.arsenal.com/supportersclu...enal-bangalore

And the club page - http://arsenalbangalore.com
Old 30th April 2014, 00:23   #1368
Senior - BHPian

The second leg of the CL semi finals is starting now. Both Bale and Ronaldo in for Real Madrid. What would be the strategy employed by both the teams ? Would Real try to get an important away goal first or would again they go out in the semi final.

I hope to see a real madrid vs athletico madrid final. Lets see how it goes.
Old 30th April 2014, 00:39   #1369
BHPian

Anyone watching champions league ...Sergio Ramos is on fire , 2 goals
Old 30th April 2014, 02:10   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Wow!!! What an amazing performance from Real Madrid! They had a fantastic defense coupled with the right attacking mode. They came out on tops!! Ancelotti has successfully destroyed Bayern Munich. Real madrid into the final after 12 years.
Old 30th April 2014, 03:02   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Anyone watching champions league ...Sergio Ramos is on fire , 2 goals
WHAT A GAME! I loved it! Bayern torn to shreds! I think this finally proves thay Guardiola isnt all that he's made out to be!

But C-Ron! HE got that record finally! Such sore losers Bayern were.
Old 30th April 2014, 03:05   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Good news for Arsenal fans in Bangalore. The Bangalore Gunners club has been recognised as the official Arsenal club for Bangalore

Update from the Arsenal page - http://www.arsenal.com/supportersclu...enal-bangalore

And the club page - http://arsenalbangalore.com
Have you become an official member Naveen?
Old 30th April 2014, 07:45   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
The Bangalore Gunners club has been recognised as the official Arsenal club for Bangalore
Awesome!

Couldn't believe how well Real packed Bayern off. No club has defended Champions League but Bayern made some basic errors. Ramos was running free for both the set pieces and from then on it was a no contest. No one pulls better counter attacks than Real.

Back to EPL and Gunners have got the groove back with Ramsey' return. And too bad the Liverpool vs. Chelski game went that way. As a neutral, I want Liverpool to win the title over ManC or Chelski. I still think there is a good chance. I somehow feel ManC won't win all the remaining games.
Old 30th April 2014, 11:04   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Have you become an official member Naveen?
No, not yet. Will check out some more details and then jump in.
Old 30th April 2014, 11:14   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Awesome!
As a neutral, I want Liverpool to win the title over ManC or Chelski. I still think there is a good chance. I somehow feel ManC won't win all the remaining games.
I'd be happy as long as Chelsea don't win it. I'm certain if we win the FA Cup, we'll start winning regularly again.
But, on a different note, something has to be done about our medical team and our myriad injuries.
Old 30th April 2014, 11:30   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd be happy as long as Chelsea don't win it. I'm certain if we win the FA Cup, we'll start winning regularly again.
But, on a different note, something has to be done about our medical team and our myriad injuries.
+1

That monkey climbed up our back with the FA cup and I do have high hopes that it will go away with one. Very good chance indeed.

Arsene launched an investigation into Arsenal' injury crisis last month. Hope it comes through with some positive result. Can't wait for the old man to lift a few trophies.

COYG!
Old 30th April 2014, 18:13   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
+1

That monkey climbed up our back with the FA cup and I do have high hopes that it will go away with one. Very good chance indeed.

Arsene launched an investigation into Arsenal' injury crisis last month. Hope it comes through with some positive result. Can't wait for the old man to lift a few trophies.

COYG!
And we have a world-class team, almost. Just need a striker upgrade and need to stay fit. Oh and a defensive mid too.
Old 1st May 2014, 17:23   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And we have a world-class team, almost. Just need a striker upgrade and need to stay fit. Oh and a defensive mid too.
Ah. Imagine if Arsene was a little bit more persistent with the Suarez pursuit! You'd have wrapped up the league by now Thats the difference between the purple nose and the tall one. Sir Alex would never stop trying till he got what he wanted.

But then, theres always another time

Last edited by joslicx : 1st May 2014 at 17:25.
Old 6th May 2014, 06:26   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Amazing and funny weekend!! Juventus wrapped up the Serie A with Roma crashing to a defeat.

Surprises in la liga and EPL. All the three title contenders in la liga lost points. First Barca drew after which I was hoping for a Real Madrid win but surprisingly they almost lost before a moment of brilliance from Ronaldo saved the day. (Amazing backheel goal it was) . Then surprise of surprise Atletico lost the match. So its still an three horse race for the title.

EPL, Liverpool just lost the cup I believe. What a comeback from crystal palace. 3 goals in 10 minutes. Amazing. . Man city is going to win this title I believe. They are having an amazing goal difference and also a match in hand.

Me being a supporter of the red side of the manchester, its tough to accept either man city or liverpool winning the title. But I would be ok with man city winning the title than liverpool . Just gives us braggin rights over the merseysiders.
Old 12th May 2014, 08:50   #1380
Senior - BHPian

So finally the EPL season is finished and Man City have won the title. What a season for them , they looked the better team as the season progressed and deservedly won. It was heart breaking season for liverpool fans. So close yet so far! (loved the banner which Manchester united fans flew over during the liverpool match) Man U lost out on the final europa league spot and deservedly so. They need to be wise in the transfer market and shake things up.

La liga is going down the wire. Real madrid out of the race but both Athletico and Barca drew which means the match between them is like a final for determining the champions. So Athletico have 2 tough games against tough teams for doing the double. Have to wait and watch!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks