Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2014, 19:55   #1306
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Football Thread

This was quite a hilarious banner from the 3-0 Liverpool win at Old Trafford- Moyes find some support!

The Football Thread-bi27mc0cqaafm7y.jpg
Old 18th March 2014, 23:20   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
This was quite a hilarious banner from the 3-0 Liverpool win at Old Trafford- Moyes find some support!
heheh was it at the away end? I missed the game as our TV conked off last week and Samsung cannot repair it..
Old 19th March 2014, 12:46   #1308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
heheh was it at the away end? I missed the game as our TV conked off last week and Samsung cannot repair it..
It was!
For you as a Man U fan, probably it was a blessing in disguise that the TV went off. Liverpool were brilliant, but never seen United so listless
Old 19th March 2014, 19:25   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was!
For you as a Man U fan, probably it was a blessing in disguise that the TV went off. Liverpool were brilliant, but never seen United so listless
vb babu we have perfected the art of losing to Liverpool over the years! I am still smarting from the 4-1 pasting you guys gave us... Anyway this season has been extraordinarily mediocre, both from manager and the players. I think some of them do not want to play for Moyes.

In retrospect, if only Fergie had gone for the other M!!!
Old 22nd March 2014, 13:31   #1310
Senior - BHPian

The great man celebrates 1000 games in charge of Gunners today!

The Football Thread-wenger_patrice1.jpg

I am sure the fellow Gooners here are filled with pride and joy reading the multiple articles on Wenger this weekend. 1000 games! What a stat!

For all his stubbornness, I really wonder where our club would have been without him in these years of transition. Looking back, he has been perfect, even his name. And its been a privilege to watch Wengerball for more than a decade now. And the future looks very bright indeed.

Of course, the sudden flux of sugar daddy money into the league made it very difficult to get the trophies, but he has managed it quite well, rebuilding team after team from nothing with his hands tied at the back. And above all, he has been a thorough gentleman under such pressure unlike the venom spitting narrow minded beings that we often see now a days.

Thank You Arsene! And I hope you stay with the club forever.

And what a game today. All odds stacked heavily against us and I hear Rosicky is also a doubt. Hope the boys will give it everything for the big man and deliver today! COYG!!!!!

Pic Courtesy: http://arseblog.com/
Old 22nd March 2014, 19:05   #1311
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The great man celebrates 1000 games in charge of Gunners today!
This probably will be the game Mr. Wenger would want to forget instantly; looks to be heading to an even heavier defeat than the Liverpool one.

And unfortunately for Chelsea, more than the thumping dominance, the game would be discussed probably for the most bizarre refereeing decision in recent times - Gibbs sent off for Ox's handball! Heights of mistaken identity
Old 22nd March 2014, 19:18   #1312
BANNED

Jose's 100th unbeaten home game.

Arsenal getting destroyed.
Ref sending off the wrong man.

Wenger getting destroyed in his 1000th game incharge.

Guys, watch Star Sports 4 now. Its wonderful
Old 22nd March 2014, 21:48   #1313
BHPian

I watch football occasionally without being a fan and hence can look beyond the hype and hoopla of premier league; I think today's game for Arsenal was a comeuppance for Wenger. Ruling the roost basis what he has done in the past has sure come back and bitten him in the wrong place. This is a side which has gone without any silverware for the better part of the decade and this guy still continues peddling some mumbo jumbo which does not wield results. Just goes to show what a refusal to change can do
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:23   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This probably will be the game Mr. Wenger would want to forget instantly; looks to be heading to an even heavier defeat than the Liverpool one.
We were crushed, no two ways about it. A glimmer of hope on the league wilts away. Hoping for a strong finish now.

COYG!
Old 24th March 2014, 17:42   #1315

I think Manchester City will end up winning the title. But this is turning out to be one of the finest Premier League races of all time.
Old 24th March 2014, 18:04   #1316
BHPian

I haven't shown my face in public since Saturday evening. Can't bear to see these dirty blue gloryhunters gloating about an utterly abject AFC performance.

If rumours are to believed, Arsene is done. He's supposedly told the squad to "play for me till the end of the season". I really cannot envisage an Arsenal without Arsene. And I don't think any manager, with the exception of Klopp and Martinez maybe, can manage this club like he did.

We've won just ONE big away game in the past five seasons. No, Spurs arent a big club. There's something wrong here and I hope Arsene fixes it before he leaves :/

Anyway, any chance of the FA Cup anyone?
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:55   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
I haven't shown my face in public since Saturday evening. Can't bear to see these dirty blue gloryhunters gloating about an utterly abject AFC performance.

If rumours are to believed, Arsene is done. He's supposedly told the squad to "play for me till the end of the season". I really cannot envisage an Arsenal without Arsene. And I don't think any manager, with the exception of Klopp and Martinez maybe, can manage this club like he did.

We've won just ONE big away game in the past five seasons. No, Spurs arent a big club. There's something wrong here and I hope Arsene fixes it before he leaves :/

Anyway, any chance of the FA Cup anyone?
I wouldn't want to see Arsene leave you guys, so many frikkin memories over the years. The thought of never seeing that furrowed forehead, trench coat and water bottle sucks

On a serious note, who on earth can replace him i wonder. There's no one as principled or dedicated as Wenger today.
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:03   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedderTheFixer View Post
I wouldn't want to see Arsene leave you guys, so many frikkin memories over the years. The thought of never seeing that furrowed forehead, trench coat and water bottle sucks

On a serious note, who on earth can replace him i wonder. There's no one as principled or dedicated as Wenger today.
Yeah, neither do I. We are where we are today purely cause of him. The rumour block has it that he's signing his final two-year extension soon. I just hope to hell he relents on how stubborn he is. We would still have been in the reckoning for the title had he signed anyone as backup for Giroud. And the Kallstrom signing makes about as much as the Park Chu-Young signing.

Anyway, I think the only people who can replace him are Jurgen Klopp or Roberto Martinez. Anyone else would just ruin the ethos of Arsenal.
Old 3rd April 2014, 13:17   #1319
BHPian

I have been an ardent fan of AFC; you may add die-hard to it! Just cant watch the games at times as we leave things pretty late and and rarely comfortable with any number of goals we score - Arsenal v Newcastle (4-0) at half time and 4-4 on final whistle!

Thankfully this year we had been more consistent at the back except for the top 4 BPL teams.

How I wish Arsene brings glory to the club with so many critics and fans (at times) baying for his neck. Imagine leaving the club with the BPL trophy and if lady luck has it the UEFA CL too! May be that's asking for too much.

All I see around me is ManU fans, some Chelsea fans, Liverpool fans, must admit have been a mute spectator to the kind of thrashing we have received from the heavy weights for so many years.

Wishful thinking for 'Invincibles era' too and if we had got Suarez.....

On a serious note - I wish Liverpool should win if not us!
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:14   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Yeah now that the EPL is over, I really want Liverpool to win. I don't mind them as some of the other teams.

Well, a large part of my heart doesn't want Arsene to leave - for me, he is Arsenal. But I think he will.

Klopp will be an awesome replacement.

Most Viewed