Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:57   #1561
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Pep has been successful coach as luckily for him both the teams he has managed were already loaded with world class attacking talents.

Mourinho at United is very much welcome I would love to see him manage united. If anybody is made for united it is him!

While Pep certainly had talents at his disposal, it wasn't as if he walked into a champion team. Barca were third in standings before he took over. And he had the courage, as a new coach to remove some of their top players like Ronaldinho and Deco. Even Eto was on the line but somehow survived a year. He completely changed their style and moved them closer to their club legend, Johan cruyuffs style of total footbal. However, with regards to Bayern, he had a great team.

As far as Mourinho for ManU, I don't think it is that likely, for they would have already started negotiations, given that Mou is now without work. But can't say. Anything can happen.
Old 3rd February 2016, 19:44   #1562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
While Pep certainly had talents at his disposal, it wasn't as if he walked into a champion team. Barca were third in standings before he took over. And he had the courage, as a new coach to remove some of their top players like Ronaldinho and Deco. Even Eto was on the line but somehow survived a year. He completely changed their style and moved them closer to their club legend, Johan cruyuffs style of total footbal. However, with regards to Bayern, he had a great team.
Well I cannot say if he has created a team from scratch. A big reason why I consider Sir Alex the greatest coach is that he created at least 5 champion teams in his time at United (and 2 more at Aberdeen). This is something Pep is yet to do. At Barca he still had the likes of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and still a largely settled squad (with only squad players arriving in transfers broadly speaking) + Real were embroiled in their circus. At Bayern he inherited a CL winning squad. So he hasnt built a new team really for me.

At City he will have to create his own team. They dont play possession football really. Yaya Toure is not a Pep player. Also City do not possess attacking talents like those at Barca/Bayern (save for Aguero) Without players like Neymar/Messi et al if you play possession football you get exactly what United are producing these days week in week out!

Last edited by joslicx : 3rd February 2016 at 19:52.
Old 29th February 2016, 09:56   #1563
Senior - BHPian

Classic Arsenal! They just dont want to win the league even when others around them are imploding. Dropped 3 very big points yesterday.

But what a performance by United! Buzzing
Old 29th February 2016, 12:55   #1564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Classic Arsenal! They just dont want to win the league even when others around them are imploding. Dropped 3 very big points yesterday.

But what a performance by United! Buzzing
Well......defence wasn't great. But would have been nice to have won that game. Oh well.....me thinks the season is over for Arsenal. There just isn't any push and desire. It has been the same from the beginning of this year!
Old 3rd March 2016, 08:09   #1565
BHPian

This is turning out to be one of the better PL in the recent years. 10 more games to go..
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:04   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
This is turning out to be one of the better PL in the recent years. 10 more games to go..
This is turning out to be a league that nobody seems to want to win!!! Amazing season.

What a day for united yesterday! All teams above us in the table dropped points!!
Old 4th March 2016, 07:40   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
This is turning out to be a league that nobody seems to want to win!!! Amazing season.

What a day for united yesterday! All teams above us in the table dropped points!!
Exactly..

I feel like none of the teams have the instinct and edge to finish strong. The north london derby should be a treat to watch.. I just hope Man U continues their winning streak.
Old 5th April 2016, 16:54   #1568
BHPian

Quite surprised that there is no mention of the death of a legend who is amongst some of the great players in football and arguably the greatest thinker who changed football in modern times.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...rcelona-legacy

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ootball-legend
Old 15th April 2016, 04:52   #1569
BHPian

Sometimes, football is just brilliant isn't it?

It doesn't matter who you support, what you do, even if you are really a football fan - nights like that are special.

Liverpool vs Borussia Dortmund 14/04/16
Old 15th April 2016, 07:44   #1570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Sometimes, football is just brilliant isn't it?

It doesn't matter who you support, what you do, even if you are really a football fan - nights like that are special.

Liverpool vs Borussia Dortmund 14/04/16
So true! What a game it was... thought it was all over after the first half, but what a come back. And the whole atmosphere made it even more special!
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:10   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Well done Leicester City! This is such a fairy tale!

I am so happy for 'the Tinkerman'
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:48   #1572
BHPian

Nobody can take away what Leicester has achieved this year. Tremendous performance and will to win the Premier League...
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:53   #1573
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Well done Leicester City! This is such a fairy tale!

I am so happy for 'the Tinkerman'
Indeed! So well deserved
And also that his old club did their bit in holding off Spurs
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:26   #1574
Senior - BHPian

And they held off so many other teams that spent so much. Good stuff Leicester!
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:59   #1575
BHPian

Eden Hazard - Hardly contributed since the beginning of the season and came alive only during last few games...may be, just to thwart spurs chances to glory? He kept his words by scoring the equalizer.
I was going through some of the major 'shocks' in sport history and Nottingham's story in 80's caught my attention, where they came from similar background as Leicester and won the league and then went on to win European championship twice...that is incredible feat to match!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks