Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2017, 18:39   #1666
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Right Said. Lets hope that we (AFC) starts off better than they have in the recent past. I feel that we still are lacking in defense and midfield; some saying, Lemar is done, got to see it to believe it though.

Seri and someone at the back like Carvalo could seal it for us provided none of the trio leaves - Ox, Oz, Axs

If they are holding the club to ransom, which I feel Alexis's absence is more than what meets the eye.

But that is for another day to be whined about. Shall wait and watch, cringe, sulk, abuse and if all ends well (Win EPL) - shall celebrate like there is no tomorrow.

How I want AW to get his due and go out with his head high with people pleading him to stay and him saying. Sorry guys, its time to go!
Old 11th August 2017, 18:20   #1667
BHPian

A look into the future of next 25 years of EPL
Old 11th August 2017, 19:26   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Any one playing fantasy league?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I have created a private league in there! Use the code below to join the league:

Code: 1719065-821239
Name: T-BHP Fantasy Premier League

PS: Maybe not so private now.
Old 11th August 2017, 20:07   #1669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Any one playing fantasy league?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I have created a private league in there! Use the code below to join the league:

Code: 1719065-821239
Name: T-BHP Fantasy Premier League

PS: Maybe not so private now.
Hehe, I joined up. This is the 3rd time I am attempting the fantasy league - all previous times I created a team, never bothered to follow up after that. Let's hope it is different this time.
Old 12th August 2017, 15:30   #1670
BHPian

Any scousers in here?
Old 12th August 2017, 21:42   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Wow wow!! 9 man Chelsea crash to a defeat against Burnley. Newboys Huddersfield win against crystal palace. Watford snatch a late draw against Liverpool while Arsenal win a thriller against Leicester city yesterday. Everton win against Stoke with a solitary goal by the prodigal son, Rooney!

All in all a dramatic opening to this season's EPL.
Old 21st August 2017, 10:07   #1672
BHPian

Fun 2 weeks of the BPL it has been thus far. Man Utd looking good so far. Liverpool and Arsenal up to their usual selves, great attacking play but cant defend to save their lives.

It will be a fun season I think. Look forward to seeing Man Utd v Crystal palace in the flesh in a few weeks. Hope we get all 3 points.
Old 16th October 2017, 15:10   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
Nice to see a football thread on T-bhp. I am a big Manchester united fan. Planning to watch Man utd vs Crystal palace at Old Trafford next month as I will be in England at the time.

Man utd seems to be have had a good transfer window. Matic, Lakaku and Lindelof are all pretty good and should hit the ground running.

I though I should share my experience of watching Man Utd vs Crystal palace at Old Trafford a couple of weeks back.

Seeing the match was the last part of our UK trip. We covered England and Scotland the week prior. We reached Manchester from Edinburgh via train on the morning of the game (30th September). After checking into our Hotel, we reached Manchester piccadilly around 1 pm. Manchester Piccadilly is like the town center and was buzzing being match day. We could see many supporters of United and Crystal Palace chilling in the eataries there. After completing our lunch, we took an Uber to reach Old Trafford, it was a short 15 min drive to the taxi drop off point.

The whole experience from reaching Old Trafford till the end of the game seemed to have passed in a minute. The match itself was quite entertaining, albeit one sided. The crowd experience, specially the songs that the supporters sing , is something that you cant really experience when you watch the match on TV. Despite being such a huge ground and the game being sold out, getting in and out was quite easy. We didnt spend more than 15 mins to get from the taxi drop off point to our seats. Similarly getting out was quite easy. There was no sense of panic or rush, like I have experienced in some Indian cricket grounds.

Overall, it was an out of the world experience and I finally fulfilled my dream of watching my favourite team play live. Sharing a few pictures that I took from the stadium. I am already planning the next trip :-)
Attached Thumbnails
The Football Thread-p1050548.jpg  

The Football Thread-p1050557.jpg  

The Football Thread-p1050563.jpg  

The Football Thread-p1050608.jpg  

The Football Thread-p1050621.jpg  

The Football Thread-p1050634.jpg  

The Football Thread-p1050698.jpg  

The Football Thread-p1050679.jpg  

The Football Thread-p1050600.jpg  

The Football Thread-p1050583.jpg  

Old 17th October 2017, 12:04   #1674
BHPian

Watching it in a stadium is always special, whatever the sport. I wish I could see Messi live one before he retires. I don't know whether I would ever fulfil this wish. I have seen the fabulous four of Indian cricket batting live, so that wish is done.
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:16   #1675
Team-BHP Support

It’s so silent here! The packed year-end schedule in EPL just got over, Man. City flying high, ManU moving along with Jose continuing with his usual rants, Angry Wenger taking it head-on with referees and Liverpool managed well to come out with 10 points (out of 12)!
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:50   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The packed year-end schedule in EPL just got over, Man.
I thought BCCI is amongst the worst sports bodies to care only about money and not about the safety of players, but seems like FA is even better than BCCI in their greed for money. How can you schedule football matches with a gap of just 2 days. The players would be knackered. Guardiola correctly pointed out the the FA should be going for quality rather than quantity. And, unless the players are properly rested, quality would go for toss.
Old 3rd January 2018, 21:24   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Yeah good season for ManC. Tired of some of the refeering decisions though - handball against Arsenal, Mike Dean trying to be the center of attention, offside calls.
Old 4th January 2018, 14:32   #1678
BHPian

It is high time that modern technology is introduced in the game in terms of on-field action. The Italian Serie A is doing a trial if I am not mistaken. The sheer number of ridiculous decisions by the referees is nothing short of scandalous. Especially when so many careers are on the line.
Arsene Wenger was right to call it a farce.
The FA is nothing but a bunch of dusty old gargoyles trying to stay relevant.
Old 4th January 2018, 15:10   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
I thought BCCI is amongst the worst sports bodies to care only about money and not about the safety of players, but seems like FA is even better than BCCI in their greed for money. How can you schedule football matches with a gap of just 2 days. The players would be knackered. Guardiola correctly pointed out the the FA should be going for quality rather than quantity. And, unless the players are properly rested, quality would go for toss.
Am sure you aware the media rights prices and the levels at which sport has reached today!

IPL / EPL / even NFL rights are sold at prices which has very little room for players rest / quality of play

Remember inspite of all the managers whining each of these clubs get a share of TV rights which will make even a billionaire look like a pauper...

And as the saying goes - money makes the mare go round; sadly in this day and age sports is no different!
Old 4th January 2018, 15:21   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yeah good season for ManC. Tired of some of the refeering decisions though - handball against Arsenal, Mike Dean trying to be the center of attention, offside calls.
ManC should win it easily... let's see if the invincible's record gets broken, knowing Pep he will go for the kill

AFC has played some of the best games this season with ManU, Chelsea, Spurs and even Liverpool (ManC beat them hollow). Sanchez will go Ozil is doubtful but unless the CM and Defence is sorted making the CL next season is a doubt. Even Euro seems highly unlikely since Borussia and Athletico are in the fray now

I heard in an interview that Wenger criticising referees in the previous game will take its toll going forward... so unfortunate as it may seem, we (Gooners) will have to take it on our chin and finish opposition like we did with Spurs!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks