Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2018, 16:53   #1786
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Any idea about the timings of the matches? I have not checked it yet.
The fixtures are as below.

The Football Thread-screenshot_20180605164833796_com.google.android.apps.pdfviewer.png

The Football Thread-screenshot_20180605164842713_com.google.android.apps.pdfviewer.png

The Football Thread-screenshot_20180605164851049_com.google.android.apps.pdfviewer.png
Old 12th June 2018, 22:13   #1787
Team-BHP Support

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ia-2018-a.html (The Football World Cup Thread - Russia, 2018)

Please follow the above for all Russia 2018 discussions !
Old 10th July 2018, 23:07   #1788
Senior - BHPian

Cristiano Ronaldo is moving from Real Madrid to Juventus. After spending 9 years in La liga he is now moving onto Italy. Very good business for Juventus in particular and Italian football in general. Much wider viewership expected.

Only thing is in Serie A , title is always almost guaranteed to be of Juventus. Should see if they can go forward in the CL.

As far as Ronaldo is concerned he has a chance to win League title and CL with a 3rd team!
Old 13th July 2018, 12:35   #1789
BHPian

Re: The Football World Cup Thread - Russia, 2018

In another news, Fiat workers in their factory in Italy have gone on strike because the owner has spend around $130 million on buying Cristiano Ronaldo by Juventus Football Club. What they had to say is very valid -

Quote:
That's money that could have been used for job-boosting investments like making better cars, the union said.

"It's unacceptable that, while FCA and CNHI workers continue to make huge economic sacrifices, the company spends hundreds of millions of euros on the purchase of a player," union USB Lavoro Privato said in a statement.
Link

Last edited by centaur : 13th July 2018 at 12:37.
Old 13th July 2018, 13:23   #1790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
In another news, Fiat workers in their factory in Italy have gone on strike because the owner has spend around $130 million on buying Cristiano Ronaldo by Juventus Football Club. What they had to say is very valid -
Doesn't make sense in business terms. Won't Juve and Fiat Auto be separate business entities? And aren't there rules against moving capital from the balance sheet of one business entity to another? Didn't our amazing Mallya try just that, moving money from one UB Group company to KF Air, or was it the other way around?

It may be a valid statement morally, but in business terms I don't think that 130 million from Juve could have gone into Fiat Auto anyway. Anyone with a better understanding of the financial-legal aspects of conglomerates can please clarify.

Last edited by am1m : 13th July 2018 at 13:25.
Old 13th July 2018, 15:06   #1791
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
.....financial-legal aspects of conglomerates can please clarify.
The connecting link is the Agnelli family, who have a stake in both entities (about a third of FCA and two-thirds of Juve) through their holding company Exor.

The strike reporting leaves out quite a bit of info.

It's been called by one independent union (USB) at a single plant (FIAT has multiple facilities in Europe). USB represents only a portion of the employees at the plant in question (Melfi), so the strike isn't as widespread as it's reported to be. Still sucks when a bunch of people are on temporary layoff due to company restructuring while a major stakeholder throws absurd money at football instead, but this is more about bad optics than actual financial irregularities.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2018 at 15:17.
Old 13th July 2018, 15:26   #1792
BHPian

Official: Chelsea sack Antonio Conte.

Quote:
During Antonio’s time at the club, we won our sixth league title and eighth FA Cup. In the title winning season, the club set a then-record 30 wins in a 38-game Premier League season, as well as a club-record 13 consecutive league victories.

We wish Antonio every success in his future career.
So Conte adds to the list of 2nd season curse victims like Ancelotti, Di Matteo, Mou at Chelsea. This is after all of them won titles with Chelsea. Wonder how many more poor chaps are in the waiting for their heads to roll in the future. I'd love to hear Roman's side of the story one day.

Last edited by strawhat : 13th July 2018 at 15:27.
Old 13th July 2018, 22:55   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Official: Chelsea sack Antonio Conte.

So Conte adds to the list of 2nd season curse victims like Ancelotti, Di Matteo, Mou at Chelsea. This is after all of them won titles with Chelsea. Wonder how many more poor chaps are in the waiting for their heads to roll in the future. I'd love to hear Roman's side of the story one day.
Oh I think that will be a story that needs a lot of adult beverages to hold you up when he is telling his side of the story. Conte - wonder where he is going to? Replacement already decided right?
Old 10th August 2018, 16:24   #1794
BHPian

I have never seen this before https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45142891.
Old 30th September 2018, 20:08   #1795
Senior - BHPian

I was out and missed the race at Sochi today. And from what I gather, I didn't miss much as it was quite boring. Also, my sports fill for the weekend was from the football games yesterday. I cut the cable and took a Hotstar subscription - at 299 for an year, its a no-brainer. Wonder why I didn't do this earlier. Anyways, I am digressing.

Was on a football marathon yesterday and the pick of the bunch was the Chelsea vs Liverpool one. It was literally end-to-end attacking from the get go and it was a ball. Hazard is really at a different level altogether. And the rest of his team is also looking pretty savvy at the moment. Passing the ball around with ease and at a great tempo. Sarri has done incredible there. Chelsea shaded it yesterday, but then Liverpool had a lot of glaring misses. And what a great goal it was from Sturridge? It was the only way he could have beat Kepa and he pulled off that audacious kick. The flight of the ball was unreal and I also loved his nonchalant celebration.

The draw was a very fair result and I also felt warm by the respect and rapport shown by Sarri and Klopp after the match. That's how football should be!! Speaking of which, on the other end of the spectrum, the fun continues at United at multiple levels. I just hope the club hierarchy doesn't sack the petulant Portuguese anytime soon for the greater good of football fans all around the world. West Ham was imperious yesterday. Kudos to the Pellegrini boys!

I also watched Arsenal vs. Watford. It is very much a work in progress for the Gunners still. The win this weekend was as laborious at the last one with Everton. The scoreline giving the match a bit of sheen to be honest. But then, this was one of the biggest stick used to beat Arsenal up in recent years. Winning while not playing well and all that. I feel sorry for Aubameyang, he is such a jovial character off the pitch! He is taking one for the team at the moment. Hopefully Emery can sort this all out - he got a lot to do! But hopefully it's on the right track. For me, finishing inside the top 4 will make it a great first season for the manager. Was glad to see Leno as well in the PL. And I really liked what I saw.

Hopefully, City won't run away with it last year. I have high hopes after watching the Klopp and Sarri boys play yesterday.
Old 30th September 2018, 22:26   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

Was on a football marathon yesterday and the pick of the bunch was the Chelsea vs Liverpool one. It was literally end-to-end attacking from the get go and it was a ball. Hazard is really at a different level altogether. And the rest of his team is also looking pretty savvy at the moment. Passing the ball around with ease and at a great tempo. Sarri has done incredible there.

The draw was a very fair result and I also felt warm by the respect and rapport shown by Sarri and Klopp after the match. That's how football should be!!
What a match it was. Stumbled upon Chelsea in 2007 and since then have been following them. Of all the years of following them, yesterday’s was the best entertainer. Inspite of the draw, had no hard feelings and Sarri greeting Klopp after the whistle summed up the atmosphere we can expect at Chelsea this season.
So excited with what Sarri can do to the team in few more weeks time. Can’t wait to watch them against the attacking teams of Spain.
Football here is the ultimate winner.
Old 29th October 2018, 09:26   #1797
Senior - BHPian

A sad day for Leicester. Leicester City owner, confirmed dead in crash

He really was an owner from the fairy tales for the fan base and the neighbourhood. Rest in peace! Thoughts also with the crew who was there in the chopper with Vichai. Witnesses say the pilot did extremely well to guide the stricken machine away from the crowds.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:24   #1798
BHPian

What a cracker of a derby day ! Is there anything better than winning in the last minute of injury time against your derby opponents? Liverpool continues to labour, but finds a way of winning again. And a day of redemption for Origi ! It was during the derby in 2016, when we badly tackled and has not been the same player since. Let's hope he goes onto write another chapter in his Liverpool career.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:34   #1799
Team-BHP Support

Brilliant derby day indeed! Happy to see Liverpool taking it home on the 96th minute. And absolutely brilliant game earlier between Arsenal and Spurs; the former now looks to have the hunger back, and after a long time seeing such a vocal crowd at the Emirates.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:53   #1800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
And absolutely brilliant game earlier between Arsenal and Spurs
Oh! You can say that again! What a match! I am still buzzing thinking about it. Rich with intensity and character!! Emery got it absolutely spot on and the players were brilliant. The Gunners had the same tenacity against Liverpool a few game weeks back. And this time around, got the result too. Onwards and upwards!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks