Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2020, 02:13   #1936
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Football Thread

Setien probably won't keep his job until the final whistle.

SEVEN!

Scratch that. EIGHT!!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th August 2020 at 02:16.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 02:20   #1937
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolute carnage as I imagined by the way Bayern opened the defences like a surgeon’s knife. End of the glorious chapter of Barca I guess, don’t think they can persist with Setien anymore anyways !
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 20:27   #1938
BHPian

Even though Bayern Munich are relentless, Barcelona's abysmal and soulless display made them look like a superpower. This Bayern team isn't perfect, it's just that Barcelona did not, or could not, exploit the small leaks in their defence.

If Man City get past Lyon tonight, Bayern Munich vs Manchester City will probably be a match for the ages. They are the only team that I can see going toe-to-toe with this Bayern.
Old 16th August 2020, 02:55   #1939
BHPian

And city are knocked right out by lyon, of all teams. After they pulled a number over uefa by eliminating the ban, I sorta was hoping they didn't win the UCL.

So after all, this year's UCL is reserved, it seems, for Bayern.

Last edited by SaiSW : 16th August 2020 at 02:57.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:19   #1940

This UCL final shows how far PSG has come after the purchase by their Qatari owners in 2011. The sheer money power of their masters have brought them enough spendthrift glory and a shortcut to possible European champions. If they could beat Bayern, it may be a chance for them to rewrite the history for their club.
MichaelBallack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:43   #1941
Distinguished - BHPian

Man to man, the CL final is between two of the evenly matched teams. Expecting a match worthy of the occasion. Let’s see how it pans out.
Old 23rd August 2020, 23:17   #1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Man to man, the CL final is between two of the evenly matched teams. Expecting a match worthy of the occasion. Let’s see how it pans out.
This will be Bayern's second treble equalising Barca's record. I really hope they win this.
Old 24th August 2020, 00:29   #1943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBallack View Post
This will be Bayern's second treble equalising Barca's record. I really hope they win this.
Gunning for PSG tonight, I hope big players come to the fore and specially Di Maria. It should be a closely fought match.
Old 24th August 2020, 00:58   #1944
Team-BHP Support

Have a soft spot for Di Maria. Criminally underrated, and unsung hero in Neymar and Mbappe's shadow.
Old 24th August 2020, 01:06   #1945

Bayern playing a high line against a pacy attack seems to be a bit too adventerous for this sort of a high profile game.
Old 24th August 2020, 02:30   #1946
Team-BHP Support

In a game talked up endlessly for the attacking talent on display, what a performance by Neuer in goal!

Once PSG stopped pressing Bayern in the second half, it just fell apart for them.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th August 2020 at 02:32.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 02:32   #1947
Distinguished - BHPian

Show’s over, PSG missed chances galore in the first half and Bayern was too smart to lose that one goal advantage. As much as I wanted Di Maria to shine, that man seems destined to falter on the big stage matches every now and then !
Old 26th August 2020, 09:42   #1948
BHPian

Wow, it's about 90% official it seems. Several of big channels and sites I frequent, are saying Messi has given in the transfer request and has refused to attend training.

Absolute worst president in Barça history. Wasted Messi's prime years, sold Neymar and finally is now pushing Messi out of Barça. I sincerely hope better sense prevails for him and he realises nobody wants him there anymore and quits by his own accord and not by some protest

I still hope Bartomeu resigns and Messi stays at Barça. I cannot imagine a barça without Messi and I cannot imagine a Messi without barça.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 10:27   #1949
BHPian

This was on the cards, especially after the way they blamed players for the exit of Valverde. Even if there is some truth to it but it is generally sorted out internally. And Messi might have felt he is wasting the twilight of his career given the way the board has been signing players and conducting their business. He has already witnessed the mismanagement of football affairs with his national board and now this. Bartomeu might become one of the most hated presidents of the club, splurging more than half a billion on three players, one of whom scored against them in Champions league final as he was on loan. While players can click or not, it was the fact that they simply wanted a big signing for the sake of it after Neymar's exit. The peaks of mismanagement was when they had to ship out Arthur, a young and upcoming prospect, just to balance books.

I also don't think that Messi is difficult to integrate with other players. If he could get on with big players such as Suarez and Neymar, who will obviously want to compete and not play just a sidekick, I don't think it would be a big issue with new players. It might be mostly that there may not be a clear understanding of how they play and thus lack of co-ordination. For the last few years Barca started to reflect Argentina where the coaches simply thought giving the ball to Messi would sort things. Messi being highest goal scorer as well as having highest assists last season speaks for this.
Old 26th August 2020, 10:30   #1950
BHPian

Breaking: Messi has opted to join Manchester City

Source Bleacher Report Twitter account post - https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...254879745?s=20

Deleted the previous post since it seems redundant now.

Last edited by Ithaca : 26th August 2020 at 10:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks