Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:54   #436
Senior - BHPian

I felt Chelsea played better & created more chances than Man Utd, so wanted Chelsea to lift the title!

They almost won it except for last shot by Terry going wide! Terrible luck for Terry & Chelsea!

Man Utd players esp Ronaldo were falling on the ground on the slightest touch, too irritating at times!
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:05   #437
BHPian

Rocking match, stayed up half the night to watch the whole thing go ManU go!!! Great to see them as the champions of Europe again. Drogba really screwed up, just like Zidane did in the world cup.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:12   #438
Senior - BHPian

Well what a match. Chelsea deserved a win. We were so close!!! And drogba what did you do!
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:55   #439
BHPian

Thats the image which now sits on my desktop. Glory Glory Man Utd!
Attached Thumbnails
The Football Thread-picsrv_manutd_comca6djs6w.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2008, 14:01   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I felt Chelsea played better & created more chances than Man Utd, so wanted Chelsea to lift the title!
I am not sure you if watched the right game.

In all fairness, it was a tale of two halves, Utd dominated first and could have swept Chelsea away with 2-3 goals but Chelsea seized control in the second half and dominated. Both had a great chance to score in the extra time with Lampard and Giggs. But finneyp, you surely have to admit that Utd played the better football. Especially Ronaldo and Evra with his overlapping runs left Essien dead on more than a few occasions.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:01   #441
BHPian

Being an ardent supported of Man Utd, I run the risk of giving a biased view, but I agree with nkapoor to a large extent. Utd could have blown away Chelsea in the first half itself, had it not been for the alertness of Petr Cech, who saved as many as three times in the first half to deny Utd.

The second half, I agree, Chelsea dominated possession and came close to scoring twice with Drogba and Lamps hitting the woodwork.

However, if you see the balance of play in the extra time, Utd looked rejuvenated and Chelsea were a tired lot. Frustration started creeping in and thats when Drogba slapped Vidic for nothing.

Penalties, we all know is like lottery. You win some, you lose some. VDS like in the Community Shield at the start of the season put one over Cech and Utd prevailed.

I would say it was a 50-50 for Man U and Chelsea. To say Chelsea deserved to win would not be appropriate. Utd won fair and square, credit must go to them. I personally felt sorry to see Terry inconsolable after the match. The guy has a big heart and he will be back and Chelsea will be back. Remains to be seen how things will shape up at Chelsea after a season of "almost there" on both the domestic and European front.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:55   #442
BHPian

What a great game of football one should expect from two top teams!
If Chelsea were lucky in 1st half,it was the turn of ManU in 2nd to have got away Chelsea's aggression.

Overall the end result was the typical of how both teams played in both halves and ET.
Old 5th August 2008, 17:17   #443
Senior - BHPian

Ruud Van Nistelrooy retires from International football.

Van Nistelrooy quits international arena

Last edited by normally_crazy : 5th August 2008 at 17:19.
Old 24th August 2008, 13:46   #444
Senior - BHPian

United and Arsenal have got off to slow starts this season. ManU looked one striker short against Newcastle. Fergie better sign Berbatov quick.

Arsenal too looked sluggish against Fulham. With Flamini gone and Fabgregas injured, the once solid midfield looks shaky. The want-away Gareth Barry would be ideal.

The new look Chelsea looks good to me. Sheva, Sidwell and Pissaro have been done away with, while Wright-Philipps could be on his way out too.

Scolari is a no nonsense coach and their new signings, Bosingwa and Deco are already working well. Robinho joining the squad would be the icing on the cake.
Old 21st September 2008, 12:48   #445
Senior - BHPian

Come on people! The footy season kicked off a month ago and I see no action here! What a game we have this Super Sunday.

Chelsea vs Man United

Time to call some friends over, place your bets and chill the beer!
Old 21st September 2008, 14:03   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Come on people! The footy season kicked off a month ago and I see no action here! What a game we have this Super Sunday.

Chelsea vs Man United

Time to call some friends over, place your bets and chill the beer!
Man Utd will win for sure
that is if ronaldo and berbatov starts
which i think they will.

Manchestercheers:
Old 21st September 2008, 17:08   #447
BANNED

I vote for Chelsea! Please win guys!
Now that the other Manchester team is coming up with a good proposed plan, I'll pull some support from the United.
Old 21st September 2008, 21:20   #448
BHPian

Man city have spent big on two(SWP & Robinho) but good ones.
6-0 agnst Portsmouth, the big 4 need be worried now.
Utd got s hell lot to do now after chelsea draw.
Tottenham have always been the pretenders, and it looks like in ManCity and Villa there are genuine challangers

Last edited by METISWHG : 21st September 2008 at 21:27.
Old 21st September 2008, 22:17   #449
Senior - BHPian

Engaging match that. Still feel United are couple of cylinders short of full blast. Chelsea played as they usually do at home. The pressure they applied on United finally paid dividends.

Man City are riding on the cash wave. On their day they are going to produce entertaining football, but it is a little early to say that they are title contenders. It takes time to start performing as a consistent unit, week after week. Cannot wait for the Manchester derby!
Old 21st September 2008, 23:06   #450
BHPian

Sad we did not have a draw option in this poll..

Most Viewed