Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 17:07   #541
BHPian

The Owen goal was magical in the dying moments of the match. Just goes to show the class act he still is despite injuries plaguing his career in the last few years. Giggs had a major major say in the Manchester derby too, the guy just keeps getting better with age .
Man U now top the table after Chelsea crashed at Wigan 1-3. Yippie!
Old 1st October 2009, 10:25   #542
BHPian

Any one saw ManU's 2-1 win over Wolfsburg yesterday? Read in sportinglife that it was again our man Giggs and Carrick. 150th ManU goal for Giggs.
Old 1st October 2009, 10:33   #543
Team-BHP Support

Ryan Giggs is a gem of a player, and has been instrumental in all of ManU's truimphs.
I always remember him for his ease on the left flank, and also for his accurate passes. I believe he is a also good at dead ball situations, although he was overshadowed by Ronaldo during his presence at the club.
Old 1st October 2009, 10:37   #544
BHPian

Yes. He is sure a gem of a player. But, has slowed down a bit over the years. We do not see those runs any more. But, the passes and those free kicks still stay good. A great fighter.
Old 1st October 2009, 13:57   #545
BHPian

Giggsy is a living legend. I remember painting his name and number on my t-shirt way back in 1998-99 (we didn't have official merchandise available then). I am yet to come across a football fan who has a negative thing to say about him (and that includes loads of United haters as well). He has gone through ups and downs with people doubting if he was past his prime in the early past of this decade. But he remodelled his game and came back to win the PFA Player of the Year last year (how he didn't win it earlier is beyond me). Going by the way he is playing, he is a serious contender for the award this year as well; all that at the ripe old age of 36.

United don't look too menacing at the current moment but are still topping the table. Remember, this is the best start for United in the last four years (which included three title winning campaigns). We have a lot to improve and lack a little bit of penetration and end product with Nani and Valencia on the wings. Hope the two of them would improve quickly and sustain this good run of victories that we have put together so far (eight wins in all competitions).
Old 1st October 2009, 14:13   #546
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Let me add another living legend to the United ranks. Paul Scholes. With a schmuck look on his face, always, I feel he is the complete textbook footballer if there was ever one. His control of the ball and his passing game is just too simple to be true and a joy to watch. Its like Sachin Tendulkar making batting look easy. He is a footballer who has got no agent, keeps things to himself and doesn't participate in post-match or pre-match tit bits and heads straight to his family after his job is done. He is horrible tackler though!

Creidt goes to Sir Alex. He is built 3 generations of footballers from scratch and has not yet quit.

Alright, lot of things to discuss on ManU. Where are all the Arsenal, Liverpool, Real, Barca guys?

Let me start by quoting my fav footballer at the moment. Lionel Messi. What a footballer! Quick feet, two footed, wide range of skills and a great team player. What do you guys think?

Last edited by JVH : 1st October 2009 at 14:14.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:19   #547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Let me add another living legend to the United ranks. Paul Scholes. .... He is horrible tackler though!
His tackles are almost always ill-timed, and as a result he manages to get himself seeing yellow or red quite often. A fighter in midlfield he is.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:25   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post

Let me start by quoting my fav footballer at the moment. Lionel Messi. What a footballer! Quick feet, two footed, wide range of skills and a great team player. What do you guys think?
He seems to the best now. But, team player. I don't think so.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:34   #549
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoose85 View Post
He seems to the best now. But, team player. I don't think so.
Well, he is as much a team player as everybody is nowadays. Besides he's a striker and he's bound to be selfish. Maybe he'll mature and his number of assists will increase as the days go by?
Old 1st October 2009, 14:43   #550
BHPian

He was criticized from all corners for not supporting his fellow players. But, now he might have improved. After all, he is the best now.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:40   #551
BHPian

No doubt, Messi's the greatest right now. Hopefully Argentina will qualify for the world cup. Can't think of watching a world cup without Argentina and Messi.
Old 1st October 2009, 21:36   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
No doubt, Messi's the greatest right now. Hopefully Argentina will qualify for the world cup. Can't think of watching a world cup without Argentina and Messi.
Not only Argentina and Messi, even Portugal and C Ronaldo are in grave danger of missing the finals. Can't imagine a World Cup without the two top players currently in the world. Blatter and FIFA must be shi***g in their pants right now at this thought.
Old 7th October 2009, 01:11   #553
BHPian

We do need personalities like Scholes. After all, we do have wonderful names like Roy Keane and Cantona
Old 8th October 2009, 22:32   #554
BHPian

Have you guys seen Yoann Gourcuff, "the new Zidane" ?
Old 14th October 2009, 05:27   #555
naughty001

just got my home and away United jersey's

The Football Thread-2shirts.jpg

BTW have any united fans had the opportunity to watch Gabriel Obertan yet, i watched him playing the first 45 minutes of a reserve team cup match yesterday. The guy is definitely several notches above playing reserve football. I truly cannot wait to see him playing in the first team because he looks really fast - and he is amazingly tall but he will be slipping away from defenders very easily and he has amazing control of the ball, when he has it, its stuck at his feet and did i mention he is fast ... really fast, in fact he is incredibly fast so once he fully overcomes his injury i think that it will seem like United will have a great player to replace Nani who is still not living up to his early promise

in fact Nani is a terrific player to be honest but his decision making is extremely poor since he still has not figured out when to pass the ball and when to retain it hence his link up play is really poor but i reckon with Obertan on the left and valencia on the right and a combination of fletcher and hargreaves in the middle (fletcher in a box to box semi-attacking role and hargreaves in a holding role) that will be potent combination for a 4-4-2 formation with the usual back 4 and rooney and berbatov upfront

Now all united needs is a good keeper to replace Van Der Saar since i dont think Ben Foster is really up to it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks